365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

So you want to do a relay...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So you want to do a relay...

Post  Bob on Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:36 am

Then watch this:



http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6858255&categoryid=2378529



Nice little story that captures the spirit and emotions of doing a long relay.
avatar
Bob
Lord Bobby
Lord Bobby

Posts : 342
Points : 11634
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Illinois

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So you want to do a relay...

Post  Kenny B. on Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:18 am

Cool quick documentary. Not sure about running with team nevernudes and jean shorts! Very Happy
avatar
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2036
Points : 4750
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 45
Location : Jersey Shore!

View user profile http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Re: So you want to do a relay...

Post  Dave Bussard on Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:36 pm

So that's what I'm in for, eh? I've somewhat committed to run in the Texas Independence Relay next March. I'm not too sure about this. Running at 3:00 in the morning just doesn't appeal to me....
avatar
Dave Bussard
Poster
Poster

Posts : 179
Points : 2640
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Northern IN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So you want to do a relay...

Post  Nick Morris on Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:44 pm

I am running a relay race this weekend (Ragnar Great River Relay) and my second leg (9 miles) is scheduled for around 2:30am - 3:00am. It should be interesting.
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11900
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 36
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So you want to do a relay...

Post  Don S on Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:42 am

Hey Nick, I'm running that one this weekend too. What time does your team start? I'm on an ultra division team that starts at 4:00 pm.
avatar
Don S
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 65
Points : 2389
Join date : 2011-06-21
Age : 43
Location : Minneapolis, MN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So you want to do a relay...

Post  Nick Morris on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:55 am

Don S wrote:Hey Nick, I'm running that one this weekend too. What time does your team start? I'm on an ultra division team that starts at 4:00 pm.

Our team starts at 1:00pm - mixed submasters division
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11900
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 36
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So you want to do a relay...

Post  Don S on Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:15 am

Nick Morris wrote:
Don S wrote:Hey Nick, I'm running that one this weekend too. What time does your team start? I'm on an ultra division team that starts at 4:00 pm.

Our team starts at 1:00pm - mixed submasters division



Very cool. What's your team name? Ours is MN Running Ultra Wild. There's actually a bunch of us doing the race in different teams and we'll have a big 'ole party at the finish. Maybe y'all can join us in the fun at the finish.
avatar
Don S
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 65
Points : 2389
Join date : 2011-06-21
Age : 43
Location : Minneapolis, MN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So you want to do a relay...

Post  Nick Morris on Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:37 am

Don S wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Don S wrote:Hey Nick, I'm running that one this weekend too. What time does your team start? I'm on an ultra division team that starts at 4:00 pm.

Our team starts at 1:00pm - mixed submasters division



Very cool. What's your team name? Ours is MN Running Ultra Wild. There's actually a bunch of us doing the race in different teams and we'll have a big 'ole party at the finish. Maybe y'all can join us in the fun at the finish.

We have two different teams. The team that I am on is named "The Kicking Asses"
Our other team is called "Kicking Asses, too"
We'll definitley be there at the finish...
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11900
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 36
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So you want to do a relay...

Post  Don S on Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:44 am

Nick Morris wrote:
Don S wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Don S wrote:Hey Nick, I'm running that one this weekend too. What time does your team start? I'm on an ultra division team that starts at 4:00 pm.

Our team starts at 1:00pm - mixed submasters division



Very cool. What's your team name? Ours is MN Running Ultra Wild. There's actually a bunch of us doing the race in different teams and we'll have a big 'ole party at the finish. Maybe y'all can join us in the fun at the finish.

We have two different teams. The team that I am on is named "The Kicking Asses"
Our other team is called "Kicking Asses, too"
We'll definitley be there at the finish...



Look for an ugly guy with a tattoo of my avatar on his right arm drinking way too many beers. That would be me.
avatar
Don S
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 65
Points : 2389
Join date : 2011-06-21
Age : 43
Location : Minneapolis, MN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So you want to do a relay...

Post  Nick Morris on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:01 pm

Don S wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Don S wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Don S wrote:Hey Nick, I'm running that one this weekend too. What time does your team start? I'm on an ultra division team that starts at 4:00 pm.

Our team starts at 1:00pm - mixed submasters division



Very cool. What's your team name? Ours is MN Running Ultra Wild. There's actually a bunch of us doing the race in different teams and we'll have a big 'ole party at the finish. Maybe y'all can join us in the fun at the finish.

We have two different teams. The team that I am on is named "The Kicking Asses"
Our other team is called "Kicking Asses, too"
We'll definitley be there at the finish...



Look for an ugly guy with a tattoo of my avatar on his right arm drinking way too many beers. That would be me.



Will do...I look like my avatar...
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11900
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 36
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So you want to do a relay...

Post  mountandog on Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:00 pm

I so want to do one of these. Any teammates out there?
avatar
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1392
Points : 5512
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 60
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So you want to do a relay...

Post  Nick Morris on Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:52 am

mountandog wrote:I so want to do one of these. Any teammates out there?



Mark B has a thread in the Virtual Coffee house regarding next year's Hood to Coast Marathon. You should check it out...
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11900
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 36
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So you want to do a relay...

Post  Joel H on Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:15 am

Dave Bussard wrote:So that's what I'm in for, eh? I've somewhat committed to run in the Texas Independence Relay next March. I'm not too sure about this. Running at 3:00 in the morning just doesn't appeal to me....



I will be running the Texas Independence Relay next year. Hopefully we can meet up at some point.
avatar
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Posts : 539
Points : 2856
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 38
Location : The Hottest Part of the Sun!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So you want to do a relay...

Post  Don S on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:29 pm

It was nice to bump into Nick at the last exchange before our final runs on Saturday morning. How did your run go for you? Our team wasn't quite able to catch up with Team Scheels, finishing 6 minutes behind them. We made it interesting though.
avatar
Don S
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 65
Points : 2389
Join date : 2011-06-21
Age : 43
Location : Minneapolis, MN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So you want to do a relay...

Post  Nick Morris on Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:24 pm

Don S wrote:It was nice to bump into Nick at the last exchange before our final runs on Saturday morning. How did your run go for you? Our team wasn't quite able to catch up with Team Scheels, finishing 6 minutes behind them. We made it interesting though.

Final leg went well...I ran a 6:50 with a 7:50s final mile due to quad cramping. I was looking at a 6:39 pace prior to that. You were too far ahead of me for me to catch up Smile

Our team took second in the Mixed Submasters Division.
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11900
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 36
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So you want to do a relay...

Post  Don S on Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:57 am

Nick Morris wrote:
Don S wrote:It was nice to bump into Nick at the last exchange before our final runs on Saturday morning. How did your run go for you? Our team wasn't quite able to catch up with Team Scheels, finishing 6 minutes behind them. We made it interesting though.

Final leg went well...I ran a 6:50 with a 7:50s final mile due to quad cramping. I was looking at a 6:39 pace prior to that. You were too far ahead of me for me to catch up Smile

Our team took second in the Mixed Submasters Division.



Nice! I ended up running 6:30s for the first section of that leg then after the run through exchange hit a bit of a cramping wall, which made my overall final leg, 12.5 miles, at a 6:55 pace. Congrats on the 2nd place finish in your division. I know it's way early, but are you interested in an ultra team next year?
avatar
Don S
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 65
Points : 2389
Join date : 2011-06-21
Age : 43
Location : Minneapolis, MN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So you want to do a relay...

Post  Nick Morris on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:57 pm

Don S wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Don S wrote:It was nice to bump into Nick at the last exchange before our final runs on Saturday morning. How did your run go for you? Our team wasn't quite able to catch up with Team Scheels, finishing 6 minutes behind them. We made it interesting though.

Final leg went well...I ran a 6:50 with a 7:50s final mile due to quad cramping. I was looking at a 6:39 pace prior to that. You were too far ahead of me for me to catch up Smile

Our team took second in the Mixed Submasters Division.



Nice! I ended up running 6:30s for the first section of that leg then after the run through exchange hit a bit of a cramping wall, which made my overall final leg, 12.5 miles, at a 6:55 pace. Congrats on the 2nd place finish in your division. I know it's way early, but are you interested in an ultra team next year?

Dang...sounds like we may have had some of the same issues. As for the ultra, I may have some interest. I'll keep that in mind as it gets closer to next year. I would probably be the slowest on the team...
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11900
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 36
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So you want to do a relay...

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum