365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accents? Appearances? A...nything else?

+23
amyjoann
ounce
Jim Lentz
Chris M
Alex Kubacki
wendy_miller
mul21
Michele "1L" Keane
Nick Morris
mountandog
Natalie
Jerry
Michael Enright
dot520
Julie
Mark B
JohnP
Dave Wolfe
Admin
Mrs. Schuey
Kenny B.
Bob
Mike MacLellan
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Accents?  Appearances?  A...nything else? - Page 2 Empty Re: Accents? Appearances? A...nything else?

Post  Bob Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:26 pm

Nick Morris wrote:I did say "y'all" a lot after spending a week with some girls from the University of Kansas while on spring break...Does that count??

Please tell me you have a "V-Log" of that week. Email me.
Bob
Bob
Lord Bobby
Lord Bobby

Back to top Go down

Accents?  Appearances?  A...nything else? - Page 2 Empty Re: Accents? Appearances? A...nything else?

Post  Nick Morris Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:31 pm

Bob wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:I did say "y'all" a lot after spending a week with some girls from the University of Kansas while on spring break...Does that count??

Please tell me you have a "V-Log" of that week. Email me.

No VLOG, but I do have a VHS tape...Smile

(Not appropriate for anyone under 18)
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:39 pm

Natalie wrote:I look like my avatar.

Your chest is a lot hairier than I would have guessed from other pics I've seen of you! lol!
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  wendy_miller Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:55 pm

I'm accused of sounding southern...but not deep south. More like Kentucky, since I'm close to there. I look pretty much like my avatar--may be shorter than some realize (5'3"). For being as small as I am, I have big calves and quads, but no matter how many miles I run they just don't seem to shrink, really. Tim has a northern-type accent, though he'll never admit it. And he is indeed as handsome as he appears in his photos.
wendy_miller
wendy_miller

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:36 am

I have a Boston accent but not a thick one. It used to be a lot thicker but living in western MA now where they have none I've lost some of it. I usuallly have glasses on except when doing something physical.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris M Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:01 am

I am Jerry's twin brother. I am faster as a runner but his English is better.
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:59 am

Chris M wrote:I am Jerry's twin brother. I am faster as a runner but his English is better.

Chris's plays soccer better, but Jerry's pro club is better.

They both like Diet Coke. lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:35 pm

I don't think I have an accent, but I probably have a midwestern accent. I am 5"11 on the thin side and have a freakishly huge neck (as stated by a personal shopper at Macys) for my size. I am by nature an introvert, but if you get me talking about running or computers I can be quite talkative. Ironically I teach CompTIA courses part-time and do well in front of students. I think I look a lot like my avatar.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:50 pm

wendy_miller wrote:I'm accused of sounding southern...but not deep south. More like Kentucky, since I'm close to there. I look pretty much like my avatar--may be shorter than some realize (5'3"). For being as small as I am, I have big calves and quads, but no matter how many miles I run they just don't seem to shrink, really. Tim has a northern-type accent, though he'll never admit it. And he is indeed as handsome as he appears in his photos.

So Wendy and I are about the same size and we both have big quads and calves for our size. Yet to me, she looks so much more petite in her picture than I. I have met Tim a couple of times, and I'll agree he is as handsome as his photos Wink .
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:02 pm

Chris M wrote:I am Jerry's twin brother. I am faster as a runner but his English is better.

I thought I noticed a resemblance...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:25 pm

Nick Morris wrote:

I thought I noticed a resemblance...

The only way I can tell them apart is that Jerry keeps his hair shorter.

Separately, I manage to eek out a Texas accent after living here for 51 years. I do say y'all and I am fixin' to do whatever a whole bunch. I drink Coke, whether it's Pepsi, RC Cola or Dr. Pepper. I say howdy constantly.

And just to irritate my fully-grown son, when I agree with him on something, I'll sometimes say, "I'm jiggy with that." Never fails to disappoint.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  amyjoann Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:31 pm

Oh this is fun a getting to know you thread here goes. I talk nonstop ,to anyone ,about anything,I make way to many friends in marathons I should concentrate on running a little more. People tell me I have a NY accent I don't know what they mean by that maybe because I talk fast . I do look like my avatar I'm the one in a sports bra, but I always think I sorta look like a man when I run . If you friend me on FB you may think I have a drinking problem due to the large quantity of pictures involving me drinking.It's only part true Very Happy .Matt M you are really lacking confidence affraid I like these kind of threads they are fun! Friend me on FB Amy metz-moore
amyjoann
amyjoann
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MartinD Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:25 am

The first thing that most people notice about me when I talk is that they have trouble hearing me - I tend to speak pretty quietly. I do have a pretty strong accent, though, particularly in comparison to the way that most Americans speak - seems to me that most people from the US speak much more clearly than I do (in that it feels like I don't leave as much of a gap between the words - almost to the point where the words are merging together).

Other than that, I suspect that there's a lot more white in my hair than the pictures I've used as my avatars in the past would suggest.
MartinD
MartinD

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:05 am

MartinD wrote:The first thing that most people notice about me when I talk is that they have trouble hearing me - I tend to speak pretty quietly. I do have a pretty strong accent, though, particularly in comparison to the way that most Americans speak - seems to me that most people from the US speak much more clearly than I do (in that it feels like I don't leave as much of a gap between the words - almost to the point where the words are merging together).

Other than that, I suspect that there's a lot more white in my hair than the pictures I've used as my avatars in the past would suggest.

You mean Americans are loud? lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  MartinD Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:53 am

Jerry wrote:
MartinD wrote:The first thing that most people notice about me when I talk is that they have trouble hearing me - I tend to speak pretty quietly. I do have a pretty strong accent, though, particularly in comparison to the way that most Americans speak - seems to me that most people from the US speak much more clearly than I do (in that it feels like I don't leave as much of a gap between the words - almost to the point where the words are merging together).

Some of them are, yes, but I know plenty of Scots who would given them a run for their money... Wink
MartinD
MartinD

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:11 am

MartinD wrote:
Jerry wrote:

Some of them are, yes, but I know plenty of Scots who would given them a run for their money... Wink

I know a Scott...He is pretty loud, too Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:32 am

amyjoann wrote:Matt M you are really lacking confidence affraid I like these kind of threads they are fun! Friend me on FB Amy metz-moore

Yeah, you dig me. I can tell. I love you

Cool

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:20 am

I've had some virtual running friends say I am taller from it appears in my avatars. Other than that, I probably have a slight Chicago accent.

I like beer as much as I do virtually.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack_Scaff Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:45 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:
So I'm curious: do you guys/ladies have accents? Do you actually look like your avatars? Anything that might be deceptive about your photos? Weird quirks or mannerisms?

I live in Nor Cal but was raised in Hawaii - after a couple of beers with the old buddies, this Haole will talk pidgin. Sounded bad when I lived there, sounds horrible now.

My AV is Pablo Sandoval - so no.

The 2 kids are far too attractive to me mine, but I've been told they are.

Much to the chagrin of my wife, I am very flatulent. It is surprising that someone would marry me. The old parlor trick "Excuse me, my pretty, but does this wash cloth smell like chloroform" still works.
Jack_Scaff
Jack_Scaff
Poster
Poster

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Concord&st

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris M Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:16 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
MartinD wrote:
Jerry wrote:

I know a Scott...He is pretty loud, too Smile

If it's not Scottish, it's CRAP!
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:11 pm

I'm like my avatar and you'll usually find me smiling when I 'm racing(assuming that I've trained for it).

I say y'all. No real accent, unless Rocky Mountain folk have them.

Even if an alligator took off my leg, you probably wouldn't hear me utter any profanity, although that smile would be wiped clean off my face.
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum