365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'New' button

3 posters

Go down

'New' button Empty 'New' button

Post  Tim C Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:16 pm

Starting today, I'm getting wierd results when I click on a blog with the 'NEW' button highlighted. Most of the time it is taking me to a post I've already read. Never happened before today. Anyone else?
Tim C
Tim C
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

'New' button Empty Re: 'New' button

Post  Ken Mello Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:04 pm

Tim C wrote:Starting today, I'm getting wierd results when I click on a blog with the 'NEW' button highlighted. Most of the time it is taking me to a post I've already read. Never happened before today. Anyone else?

Honestly, that has happened to me a lot. I click the "new" and it takes me to a post earlier than the last post. Typically its on the same page, so I just have to scroll a bit, but rarely does it actually take me to the post I clicked on (maybe its taking me to the first one that is NEW since I was last one, not simply to the last one.....)
Ken Mello
Ken Mello
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim C Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:00 pm

Ken Mello wrote:
Tim C wrote:Starting today, I'm getting wierd results when I click on a blog with the 'NEW' button highlighted. Most of the time it is taking me to a post I've already read. Never happened before today. Anyone else?

Honestly, that has happened to me a lot. I click the "new" and it takes me to a post earlier than the last post. Typically its on the same page, so I just have to scroll a bit, but rarely does it actually take me to the post I clicked on (maybe its taking me to the first one that is NEW since I was last one, not simply to the last one.....)

Well, I think it's supposed to take you to the first post you haven't read, so it may not be the last post or even close to it. What is wierd is that it takes me to a post I've already read, and if I scroll down I see that I've read all of them. (And yes, I make sure there isn't a next page) Laughing They're even marked with the little red square that indicates I haven't read it, yet I have. <Need an emoticon for scratching head>
Tim C
Tim C
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:16 pm

It does take you to the newest post for you. However, if you're looking at the site on different computers, that will throw off the tracking.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim C Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:43 pm

mul21 wrote:It does take you to the newest post for you. However, if you're looking at the site on different computers, that will throw off the tracking.

Nope, only using one computer.

Worked correctly this morning. Read a couple of posts, closed browser, came back and they were no longer marked 'New". Read 3 or 4 more, left, and when I re-opened browser, all of them were still marked 'New'. Yet I had read the last post in all of them.....
Tim C
Tim C
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down