365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Hoping for Fall redemption

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hoping for Fall redemption

Post  Tom H on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:57 pm

Hey Seth, welcome to the 5th decade of life - it's a blast!
Tom H
Regular
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:55 pm

@Tom H wrote:Hey Seth, welcome to the 5th decade of life - it's a blast!

Well glad to hear that Tom, after I turn 40 next month I now know I can look forward to being 50 since you say it's a blast!
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry on Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:58 pm

@Seth Harrison wrote:
Jerry, the stress fracture came about after resuming training post-knee surgery and almost immediately starting Boston training. It was a classic case of too much too soon.

That's the good news out of the bad one, I guess. I ask because my right foot is getting weak and am quite afraid as I have been running on concrete all the time.
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:04 am

@Jerry wrote:
@Seth Harrison wrote:
Jerry, the stress fracture came about after resuming training post-knee surgery and almost immediately starting Boston training. It was a classic case of too much too soon.

That's the good news out of the bad one, I guess. I ask because my right foot is getting weak and am quite afraid as I have been running on concrete all the time.

Well Jerry I hope you don't have one. I would not wish one on my worst enemy, it was some of the worst pain and I have every had when I had them in my feet. To be honest I'm surprised that Seth was able to run at all let alone run a marathon. I mean I could hardly walk.
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom H on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:28 am

@Schuey wrote:

Well glad to hear that Tom, after I turn 40 next month I now know I can look forward to being 50 since you say it's a blast!

Why, you young whippershapper. I oughta . . . . Smile
Tom H
Regular
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:31 am

Thanks guys. If I could figure out how the multi-quote button works, I'd respond directly to a few posts. Maybe someone will clue me in on what I'm doing wrong.

Another easy five miler today. Same scenario as the past few runs. The knee started aching about 1.5 miles into the run, and I felt it to various degrees throughout the rest of the run. It feels fine as I sit here icing it. I'll go to PT in about an hour and see what we can do about it.
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom H on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:36 am

Nick, for the multiquote, just click on the multiquote button in each post you want to reply to. That button will turn a faint pink color (look closely) to indicate it has been selected. Once you've selected all of them you want to reply to, click on 'postreply' at the bottom of the page. The quotes will show up in the reply dialog box and you can insert your replies between the quotes there.
Tom H
Regular
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:41 am

@Tom H wrote:
@Schuey wrote:

Why, you young whippershapper. I oughta . . . . Smile

@Tom H wrote:Nick, for the multiquote, just click on the multiquote button in each post you want to reply to. That button will turn a faint pink color (look closely) to indicate it has been selected. Once you've selected all of them you want to reply to, click on 'postreply' at the bottom of the page. The quotes will show up in the reply dialog box and you can insert your replies between the quotes there.

Tom, thanks for the help with using the multi-quote button (even though you called me Nick, which may very be a compliment Very Happy
Anyway, this is just a test post to see if I'm doing it right.
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:02 am

Good to see you're getting out there and I hope the knee stays under control.

To do the multi quote thing, just click that button on the posts you want to quote and then after you do that, just hit reply and it'll stick those quoted posts into the body of the message. Really pretty darn cool!
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:55 am

@Schuey wrote:
@Jerry wrote:
@Seth Harrison wrote:

Well Jerry I hope you don't have one. I would not wish one on my worst enemy, it was some of the worst pain and I have every had when I had them in my feet. To be honest I'm surprised that Seth was able to run at all let alone run a marathon. I mean I could hardly walk.

No, I don't have one for sure, because if I had, I would quit running and be done with it. affraid
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:07 am

Great job on the running. I mean the multi post!
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom H on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:56 pm

[quote="Seth Harrison"][quote="Tom H"]
@Schuey wrote:

Tom, thanks for the help with using the multi-quote button (even though you called me Nick, which may very be a compliment Very Happy
Anyway, this is just a test post to see if I'm doing it right.

Oops, Guess I figured Seth already knew how to do this, but Nick was still challenged Embarassed

Last edited by Tom H on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Tom H
Regular
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:44 pm

Happy belated 50th Seth! you are just 15 days younger than I am. I like the title of your blog.
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave P on Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:13 pm

Happy 50 yrs Seth! I'm praying for your training, leg, & foot!
Dave P
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:48 am

Thanks for the good wishes guys.

Jerry...I didn't actually think there was any chance of you having a stress fracture (I hope I don't jinx you). Smile

5.4 miles on the preserve this morning. The rain wasn't a problem, but I stopped when the thunder was directly overhead.
This was an encouraging run. Still kept the pace nice and easy (about 8:35/mile). The knee ached just a little, definitely less than on previous runs.
I'm hoping this is the start of an improving trend. The plan is to continue the easy runs, while slowly building the mileage base. There no need for anything else right now.
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:58 am

@Seth Harrison wrote:Thanks for the good wishes guys.

Jerry...I didn't actually think there was any chance of you having a stress fracture (I hope I don't jinx you). Smile

5.4 miles on the preserve this morning. The rain wasn't a problem, but I stopped when the thunder was directly overhead.
This was an encouraging run. Still kept the pace nice and easy (about 8:35/mile). The knee ached just a little, definitely less than on previous runs.
I'm hoping this is the start of an improving trend. The plan is to continue the easy runs, while slowly building the mileage base. There no need for anything else right now.

I love when 8:35 is nice and easy. Shit that is like my LSD run. Nice job looks like someone is coming back.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:29 pm

Seth, I'm really rooting for you to stay injury free, I know it won't be easy. Good luck, I'll be watching Smile
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:32 pm

@JohnP wrote:Seth, I'm really rooting for you to stay injury free, I know it won't be easy. Good luck, I'll be watching Smile

Thank you John! I really appreciate that.
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom H on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:46 pm

Glad to hear the knee was just an irritation on the run, and that the trend is going the way you want them to.
Tom H
Regular
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:06 pm

@Seth Harrison wrote:

Your due for a good "run". It is probably tempting to want to let the horses run, but you know what you are doing with keeping it easy for a while...

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:00 am

Again nice to read about that last run Seth. That a boy, nice and easy just keep building that mileage. The best thing you can do for yourself is what you are doing and that is doing it the right way! Before you know it you will be putting in more miles and picking up the pace some. Just can't rush it but you already know this!
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison on Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:19 pm

Tom, John, Schuey, thanks!

5 more easy miles today for a good news/potentially slightly bad news run.
The good news is that I barely felt the knee at all, so I'm starting to to feel more confident that this really is a good trend.
The bad news is that I turned my foot about 3 miles in on a rock or root. My weekday trails aren't exactly technical, but their not as smooth as the trails on the preserve, and every now and then I'm reminded that I need to pay attention to the terrain.
I finished up the run, and I'm icing it now, but I have a feeling I'm going to feel it tomorrow.
My plan was to extend my mileage a bit tomorrow. I hope the foot is o.k.
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki on Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:43 pm

As everyone is saying you're definately an inspiration. With your strength you'll be nailing a fall marathon.
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. on Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:30 pm

@Seth Harrison wrote:Tom, John, Schuey, thanks!

5 more easy miles today for a good news/potentially slightly bad news run.
The good news is that I barely felt the knee at all, so I'm starting to to feel more confident that this really is a good trend.
The bad news is that I turned my foot about 3 miles in on a rock or root. My weekday trails aren't exactly technical, but their not as smooth as the trails on the preserve, and every now and then I'm reminded that I need to pay attention to the terrain.
I finished up the run, and I'm icing it now, but I have a feeling I'm going to feel it tomorrow.
My plan was to extend my mileage a bit tomorrow. I hope the foot is o.k.

Seth - you have a curse. I know a good witch doctor that can take it off you! It's called Hovering. You have yet to master the ART of hovering as you run. You bounce like a rabbit on those trails rather then hover like a UFO. Exclamation
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison on Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:21 pm

Seven easy miles on the preserve. The knee situation is pretty much status quo. I feel it a bit during the run but it's not too bad, and it's definitely better than it had been. The little slip up with my foot during yesterday's run turned out to be a non-issue.
The only interesting thing to note is that my legs, specifically up near the gluts and hip flexors, have been pretty tired during the last couple of runs. Considering that my mileage has been very low, and all my paces on the easy side, I'm baffled as to why my legs would be tired. I kept it very slow today, about 8:55/mile, which is kind of LSD pace, and took an ice bath afterward, so I'll see how the legs respond.
The plan is the same though, continue with the slow mileage build up while keeping the paces very easy. If things continue to progress, I'll choose a fall marathon to put on my calendar and than work backwards to see how much more time I have for base building before I have to start thinking about real training.
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top