365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Are you kidding me?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Are you kidding me?

Post  dot520 on Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:04 pm

I had a neighbor who did distance running through both pregnancies. She'd run right up until birth and be back out on the roads within 10-12 days. I would suppose it's whatever your body is used to.

This gal had already run 7 marathons and had signed up before she found out she was pregnant. The photo that I saw of her was a glowing, extremely fit looking mom. More power to her. Sounds like her baby was born healthy! Awesome!!
dot520
Top 10 Poster Emeritus
Top 10 Poster Emeritus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:48 am

I have no issue with this. If it was her first marathon -- well, that might be a bit questionable.

We've had 6 kids and 3 were born in July. In each case my wife was waterskiing (and I don't mean just being dragged behind the boat - but cutting back and forth) up until a day or two before birth. I think it's what you're used to. As long as you don't make an extreme change to your routine, your body & baby adjust.

But I'm not a doc, just my opinion.
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:03 am

@mountandog wrote:I have no issue with this. If it was her first marathon -- well, that might be a bit questionable.

We've had 6 kids and 3 were born in July. In each case my wife was waterskiing (and I don't mean just being dragged behind the boat - but cutting back and forth) up until a day or two before birth. I think it's what you're used to. As long as you don't make an extreme change to your routine, your body & baby adjust.

Waterski, huh? Any of your kids tri athlete? lol!
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:10 am

@Jerry wrote:
@mountandog wrote:I have no issue with this. If it was her first marathon -- well, that might be a bit questionable.

Waterski, huh? Any of your kids tri athlete? lol!

Even living on a lake and being born on water skis - my kids still can't swim for crap. Never put them on a swim team, so they learned like most kids do w/o formal coaching. They spent most of their time on top of the water, ice skating.

My eldest daughter has done a couple of shorter tri's. Same one that has run 3 marathons. Interesting to note that she's middle of the pack on the swim and bike, but really makes up ground on the run.

I have two sisters that have run Boston and were All-America swimmers in high school. They smoke their competition when they do tri's.

Anyway, don't want to hijack this thread -- I'm supportive of women doing what they like when pregnant.
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top