365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iPhone 4S

5 posters

Go down

iPhone 4S Empty iPhone 4S

Post  Reina Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:57 pm

So, I'm a good consumer :-) I am the happy owner of a new iPhone 4S (funny to note that if you mistakenly hold down the shift key while you are typing the 4 in 4S ... you end up with a $ sign!!!) ... anyway ... did anyone else go out and buy one? If so, what kind of battery life are you getting so far? Today was the first day I used my new phone at work... and even without doing a lot of "extra" surfing around, I was down to about 35% battery power by the end of a 9-hour ish work day. Is that common?

--Reina
Reina
Reina
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

iPhone 4S Empty Re: iPhone 4S

Post  JohnP Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:29 pm

I thought you just bought a smart phone earlier this year?
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Reina Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:00 am

John - wow ... pretty good memory ... it's been about 14 months since I had to buy a new phone ... and because I wasn't eligible for upgrade at that time, my original contract date held and now I was eligible. :-)

--Reina

JohnP wrote:I thought you just bought a smart phone earlier this year?
Reina
Reina
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Jane Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:51 am

Reina wrote:So, I'm a good consumer :-) I am the happy owner of a new iPhone 4S (funny to note that if you mistakenly hold down the shift key while you are typing the 4 in 4S ... you end up with a $ sign!!!) ... anyway ... did anyone else go out and buy one? If so, what kind of battery life are you getting so far? Today was the first day I used my new phone at work... and even without doing a lot of "extra" surfing around, I was down to about 35% battery power by the end of a 9-hour ish work day. Is that common?

--Reina

I have a regular old 4, so not sure if there is a lot of difference in terms of battery life. And I DO play on mine a lot all day...facebook, listening to the ipod, checking my apps, tons of googling etc. (I have a lot of train, bus, and library time...) Still 35% seems VERY low. Even for me doing all that stuff. Perhaps the new OS sucks more life? I haven't downloaded it yet. I fear change (at least when it comes to my electronics!)...

I would check your settings and make sure you don't have it set like, super bright...or something like that.
Sara Jane
Sara Jane
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  healdgator Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:37 am

I'm not getting a new iphone (or other smart phone) until my contract is up or until I fall in the pool with my phone in my pocket again, whichever comes first.
healdgator
healdgator
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  healdgator Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:37 am

This is awesome, btw:

http://shitthatsirisays.tumblr.com/
healdgator
healdgator
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:38 am

My coworker was showing us the voice feature and one time he said to the phone: I want to have sex.

iPhone started reading a fine print....... lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down