365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Ron Itch Untied!

+14
Seth Harrison
Tom H
Julie
Natalie
Schuey
Matt W
Mike MacLellan
Michele "1L" Keane
Tim M
B
Michael Mitchell
Tea from RonItch
Kenny B.
Sam from RonItch!
18 posters

Go down

Team Ron Itch Untied! Empty Team Ron Itch Untied!

Post  Sam from RonItch! Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:59 pm

Well, Tea got positive attention for her blog, and I'm a professional writer, so I should get lots more. And heavens do I need it. bounce bounce bounce bounce

Many of you have known me for years, but only sort of peripherally, so I'll fill you in on the real and current scoop.

Running- trying for a comeback, would love to see sub 3 shape again after a 4 year lapse. It'll probably take me about a year to get back down there, I have a helluva lot on my plate. I had my 4th surgery for breast tumors a year ago, this one a partial mastectomy and the good news is, I've gone my first year with untumored breasts in the last almost 8 years. The last one was goose egg sized, I've pretty much lost my patience with my body turning on me. I'm still regaining strength from a very bad several years of health, I can do a little more all the time, and I'm excited about getting back to me. I did my first ultra, a 50k, a few months ago, it was supremely difficult, and so much fun, I will be revisiting those. I've done a few 70.3's and will be starting fulls next year trying to qualify for Hawaii. I'm lucky enough to have scored a sponsor, I'll do my best to prove their trust isn't misplaced.

Life- Well, divorced now over three years, have primary custody of my littles, we have adjusted phenomenally, but extra time is a luxury I rarely have. I started a company after the divorce and it's taken off, but I'm really trying not to overextend myself. I stay home fulltime with the kids, thankfully both are in all day school...but now it's summer...and they are all mine all day..and most nights. It makes working and training a crazy challenge, my silly kids like LOTS of attention from mommy. I love it. I currently coach 5 volleyball teams, 2 softball teams, and one boy's basketball teams throughout the year, I love it, but can't wait til my kids want me to coach a sport I don't actually have to google. Track track track track.
My kids are 10 and almost 8, and I haven't dated anyone more than two dates in 3 years...(So it may be time...)

I was hoping to do a tri this weekend, but my poor kiddos have been utterly ill and I'm exhausted, so I'm staying home and coaching a softball game, my Kenz is pitching!

I ran about 50 yds today, getting my kids from vacation bible school. It felt good, I'm totally logging it.I'm going to hit a bunch of local tris this summer, just jump in, I have to use every opportunity to get training, so I'll just be getting through each one, eventually I'll get more fitness. The funny thing about sneaking in training with my kids is that I have to run laps around my culdesac out front or talk them into going to the gym which they hate. It may be an amusing summer and I'll do my best not to get too frustrated, I've put myself on the side burners a long time and a few more months until school starts certainly won't kill me. Very Happy

So that's it, my workout today is desperately trying to avoid getting the virus that resulted in a 103.3 fever the other night with my princess, that and running 50 yds. I feel awesome, I'm ready to run Tea into the ground, bring it Iron Bitch!

I will explain the name Ron Itch at some point. Tea can't kill me, I gave her the wrong address.
Sam from RonItch!
Sam from RonItch!

Back to top Go down

Team Ron Itch Untied! Empty Re: Team Ron Itch Untied!

Post  Kenny B. Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:20 pm

No idea about much of this rambling Smile but seems you have overcome some challenges in your life and are looking for redemption with a come back. So ramble on I will be listening!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tea from RonItch Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:24 pm

Hitting the tequila a little early? Well, you know, it's 5 o'clock somewhere.
Tea from RonItch
Tea from RonItch

http://www.everythinggood2day.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:27 pm

Wow...very loquacious are we not? LOL
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.letsrun.com

Back to top Go down

Post  B Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:48 pm

this "Team Ron Itch" probably has something to do with the Elephant Rock ride with Tea in Colorado Cool

b
B
B

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:06 pm

Ironbitch! wrote:I will explain the name Ron Itch at some point.

I'm sure there is a story to go with it, but Ron Itch certainly looks like Iron Bitch with a couple of missing letters. Cool
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:23 pm

As crazy as you are, it's real nice to have you back. Glad the health stuff is behind you - so now you can keep us totally entertained.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tea from RonItch Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:06 pm

Ironbitch! wrote:Well, Tea got positive attention for her blog, and I'm a professional writer, so I should get lots more. I'm ready to run Tea into the ground, bring it Iron Bitch!

I will explain the name Ron Itch at some point. Tea can't kill me, I gave her the wrong address.

Truly, the only important part of this introduction.

Tea from RonItch
Tea from RonItch

http://www.everythinggood2day.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:21 pm

And from those of us who haven't known you on and off for years, we're looking forward to it. Maybe one day I'll understand half of the inside jokes Wink
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt W Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:09 pm

Hi Sam. You've have quite a lot going on, and you seem to be handling as well as possible. I look forward to reading about your fitness adventures as well as whatever else you throw life's way.
Matt W
Matt W
Poster
Poster

http://www.redrockrunningcompany.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:39 pm

Sam it is good to read that your health is good and that you are ready to get back into the swing of things. I think it is awesome all that you do for your kids. Hope you get lucky and they understand that and they decide to run track. I look forward to getting to know you and following your comeback!

And the other thing you have to be one of the funniest people I know. Thanks for so many great laughs today and I look forward to many more of them!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:13 am

Yay! Sam's back! I would totally log those 50 yards. It's a testament to your comeback.
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam from RonItch! Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:06 am

You all are so sweet, thank you!!
Natalie, those 50 yds felt fantastic, I was going to do a 1000/19/7.5 tri tomorrow down in Topeka, but with my little girl so sick, I'd just be driving down there to sleep in my car. I will consider this a taper week for another event. Very Happy

Poor McKenzie went 60 hours straight with a high fever, hitting 103.3 Tuesday night, then 102.3 at 4 am this morning. She never is really far from me anyhow, but when she is sick, I feel like a chia pet and she is my little plant. She wants to be touching me every second, holding hands, hugging, wrapped up when sleeping, holy moly, holding a little girl who has such a high body temperature is just plain frightening. She sleep mumbles 'Mama' every now and then to make sure she still has my attention even when asleep. It's darling. And exhausting. I've been up since 2, but did get 4 hours before that, so I'm only 6 shy for the night, which is now about....160 hours or so shy for the last month. Good, I'm catching up. At this rate I will regain an entire year I wasted sleeping soon. I'm almost tired enough that sort of makes sense.

I'm dying to get on my bike and see if I can beat my last 32 mile time, I know I can. There are a bunch of tris coming up and my strategy is to jump in them and just have some fun. I am supposed to do a few thons in Sept, Oct, Nov, but there is a bit of overlap with some BBQ competitions I'm going to as well. I just find myself really excited about wanting to comeback, I haven't been able to concieve of this for a long time.My breast tumors were debilitating and my ex husband was not helping with the kids, but now everything is almost really smooth and I'm running out of excuses as to why I can't try again.I could play the age card but Francine Larrieu really screwed up that excuse for me, Zola Budd, Anne Audain, Joan Benoit, all my mentors are really making it hard to feel sorry for myself at only 43, they are still hauling!

So, even though I'm exhausted and I'm having dialogue with my fish, I will try to log more than 50 yds today in between bouts of praying Kenz doesn't have some massive body infection related to her possible head trauma. Off to doc again if her fever shoots up one more time. Poor little Riley feels left out, these are times I'm glad I just have two solo, he wants equal mommy time and equal pandering, so he is coming up with sprained legs and rotating body aches too. I see a Lego in his future. If not an Emmy.

Alrighty, I'm going to sleep, I've gotten maybe 4 hours of work in this week, fortunately my main client is very understanding, supports that I prioritize my kids over everything, keeps texting me, sleep, sleep, sleep! The cookbooks can wait! I need to work on a new bbq sauce this weekend, two actually, I'm doing one tomato based,KC style and one vinegar based, North Carolina style,yum!

Alrighty, sleep, log more than 50yds, heal child, delete Weiner weiner pics from my phone, I'm on it!
Sam from RonItch!
Sam from RonItch!

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:59 pm

Sam, I hope your little one feels better soon!

Last edited by Julie on Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom H Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:06 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:And from those of us who haven't known you on and off for years, we're looking forward to it. Maybe one day I'll understand half of the inside jokes Wink

+1. This blog seems like it is an adventure about to unfold . . .
Tom H
Tom H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam from RonItch! Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:48 pm

This has been a super exciting day for a few reasons, first and foremost, my princess is really better, phew! I was very worried. Secondly, I was hired to produce and direct a lifestyles video for an upscale BBQ grill company to convince everyone to buy their amazing $20k bbq islands. My area is pretty affluent, so that would fly here where we are shooting, and I'm really excited. I am scripting mentally my storyline now then starting to gather footage pretty quickly. The exciting part is I get to reproduce the four seasons and will get to figure out how to have fake snow in August, love love challenges like this! Obviously, I'm casting my children in it because, well, frankly, I do nepotism. And they said 'Mommy, we want to be in it.' So I said, 'Ok, you are in!'. I'm not very difficult to work with, haha. I remember the first tv show I cast my kids in, Riley worked for two suckers and Kenz wanted $6, well within my budget. They know a little more about money now, darn it.

Anyhow, I'm catching up on sleep, my mood is great, going to see a band with friends tonight and drink lots of beer and be very very social, much needed!

Then tomorrow, I'm kidless, due to Father's Day, and I will get to train, drink more beer, sun by a pool, do some yardwork, maybe work a little, bring myself back into center from a long week. I'm glad I passed on the tri today, I would have tipped over from fatigue, need a few more good nights' rest still.

I didn't beat my 50yds yesterday, Kenz and I opted for a 2 hour nap and cuddle and then Riley wanted me to watch him play Wii. Out to do yardwork now and turn the slide into a waterslide with the hose while kidlings watch me,fun fun!

I need to nap, but my brain is whirring with ideas for my video, so it won't let me settle down. My 5 minutes allowance online is over, so I hope everyone enjoys Father's Day and relishes the weekend!Smile drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken bounce bounce bounce bounce
Sam from RonItch!
Sam from RonItch!

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:28 pm

Sam, good to meet you! Just catching up on your blog. You certainly have had, and continue to have a full plate.I hope your health issues are in the rear view mirror and that nothing gets the way of your "comeback".
I look forward to following along.
Glad to see your daughter's feeling better!
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:30 pm

glad your girl is feeling better!! Enjoy the weekend.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:31 pm

Hey Sam, I'm glad to see you back around these parts. We have an almost 6 year old and 3 year old ; so any tips you learn from coaching, please do share. I am fairly certain that my turn will soon be coming.

I have a handle on baseball and peewee soccer(just keep 'em chasing after the monsters or play cowboys and indians), but lacrosse, hockey. Yikes.

My favorite BBQ is KC style. Let me know if you have a great recipe for that one. I'm more sweet and sassy than sour. Good luck with the new biz. Sounds fun.

Funny story. I think we might be the first parents to block Dora because Emme was imitating Swiper instead of Dora, stealing, breaking and throwing all our son's stuff. "Ha Ha Ha! and you'll never find it."

Cheers.
Jim
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:01 pm

I am tired and my head is spinning after reading your blog! It is hard enough to train with one child and an extremely awesome (and patient, understanding, etc., etc) spouse, but I can't imagine flying solo. Glad the kids are better - scary stuff...

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Sam? Sammie? Samster? Hello?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Mello Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:17 am

Mr MattM wrote:Sam? Sammie? Samster? Hello?

I think she forgot that this blog exists..... cyclops
Ken Mello
Ken Mello
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down