365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blisters...

+7
Ben Z
carleenp
mul21
Schuey
ounce
Mark B
Nick Morris
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Blisters... - Page 2 Empty Re: Blisters...

Post  Jeff F Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:15 pm

Carleen was the only one that had the answer...duct tape.  It is cheaper than any fancy named sock.
Jeff F
Jeff F
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Z Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:05 pm

Jeff F wrote:Carleen was the only one that had the answer...duct tape.  It is cheaper than any fancy named sock.
 I'm all for cheap alternatives but by taping you are not addressing the issue to begin with. I think it's important to figure out the underlying cause and address that first. Use tape as a last resort.
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:52 am

Used the Injinji toe socks yesterday during my 20 mile run and I must say that I came out of that run with no friction issues.  That is the longest run that I have put on those socks.  Maybe you guys are on to something Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  carleenp Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:15 pm

Ben Z wrote:
Jeff F wrote:Carleen was the only one that had the answer...duct tape.  It is cheaper than any fancy named sock.
 I'm all for cheap alternatives but by taping you are not addressing the issue to begin with. I think it's important to figure out the underlying cause and address that first. Use tape as a last resort.
For me it was the last resort after trying multiple shoes, different lacing schemes, different socks, multiple layers of  socks, vaseline, powder, body glide, moleskin, bandaids etc. I seem to have one shoe right now that I can run in without blistering. If they change its design I'll probably be back to duct tape.  I think my underlying problem is that there simply are few shoes that don't rub the side of my foot/big toe.   

But, I find the duct tape to be perfectly comfortable and it sure does seem to prevent the problem most of the time!
carleenp
carleenp
Regular
Regular

http://beautyandfashiontech.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:04 am

Nick Morris wrote:Used the Injinji toe socks yesterday during my 20 mile run and I must say that I came out of that run with no friction issues.  That is the longest run that I have put on those socks.  Maybe you guys are on to something Smile
Woot! See, we're not *entirely* crazy!
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:00 am

Mark B wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:Used the Injinji toe socks yesterday during my 20 mile run and I must say that I came out of that run with no friction issues.  That is the longest run that I have put on those socks.  Maybe you guys are on to something Smile
Woot! See, we're not *entirely* crazy!
Dude, we are all crazy Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  charles.moman Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:17 am

I totally endorse Injinji toe socks - been wearing them for nearly all of my "running" career of 3 years!
I have several different weights, but I especially like the crew version.
My friend, Ben showed up at our 24-ultra at Valpo with pink compression calf sleeve Injinji socks!
He was a sight to behold - he caught a sale they had- I almost bought a pair.
If I had bought a pair, we would have really looked like twins!
You can see Amy behind us - I am SURE she was thrilled with the pink socks.

Blisters... - Page 2 Pink10

Next I HIGHLY recommend the 2Toms product Blister Shield!
It works really well for many people - including me.
It coats your foot and eliminates friction and helps if your shoes get wet too.
At the Indiana Trail 100, everyone got samples and runners found that it worked - even inall of that mud and water.
It stays on and on and you will need to use water and soap to get it off your hands.
A little goes a long way - some pour some in their socks and shake them up.

That does not work with toe socks - so I just rub it on my feet before putting the socks on.
If I am taping my ankle or toes, I do that BEFORE using BlisterShield - the tape will not stick over this.
I put a piece of duct tape on the bottom of each foot because I have a crease that causes a blister after 5 miles or so.
The tape eliminates that. And I put Keniesio tape on my big toe too.
Look on Ebay for BlisterShield - I got the large 32 OZ bottle for $20 - at stores it is $40 and this will last a long time.
The photo shows the smaller container version.
Really great stuff. I have talked with folks who have had blister problems forever and now no longer.

Blisters... - Page 2 Bliste10

But as much as like BlisterShield - I REALLY like their product Sport Shield!
I no longer use Bodyglide when doing long runs or races.
These come in towelettes (I prefer these - i put them in a zip lock bag and get more use of them) or a roll on.
I use it on my chest - around my neck collar - legs - butt - etc.
No chafing, period. I can have a wet bandana dripping down my back all day at an ultra with no fear of a chafing party down south. And I once had a VERY bad chafing party down south!
It will stay on for 24 hours and soap and water washes it off.
It lays down a thin - silicone like layer that just works.
I bought these on Ebay too. The CLYMB web site has them now and then too.

Blisters... - Page 2 Ss10
charles.moman
charles.moman
Regular
Regular

http://www.charlesmoman.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:28 am

I use the sport shield by 2Toms, but I purchase it in a deodorant type roll on container.  I have used it for about 5 years and think that it is better than body glide.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  carleenp Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:02 pm

I have used an Asics powder with some success, but I like the use of wax in the 2Toms product. I'm going to try it!
carleenp
carleenp
Regular
Regular

http://beautyandfashiontech.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:07 pm

I've been suffering for the first time with blister on my pinky toe but it seems its the shoes despite them never causing issues. My right foot got wider maybe.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2