365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sore achilles

4 posters

Go down

sore achilles Empty sore achilles

Post  amyjoann Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:59 pm

I haven't had any achilles issues until now I've been running lots and lots of hills getting ready for my upcoming marathon. Lately after runs my achilles is tender to touch and sore,it occasionally hurts a little in the morning kinda stiff .Nothing that I would say hurts just sore,sometimes it hurts a little in the beginning of a run but then I don't feel it anymore. My marathon is on the 20th I was going to run 6 hilly miles tomorrow then 8 flat sat. then pretty much shut down just like a couple 4's . I think I'm just freaking out because it's close to the race and I just need to hear no problem it will be fine:D
amyjoann
amyjoann
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

sore achilles Empty Re: sore achilles

Post  Jerry Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:03 pm

You will be fine.
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:05 pm

I think that you should be fine.  The only way that I would be worried is if you are experiencing a sharp pain.  If it is a dull ache, you should be ok.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Coleman Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:15 am

It doesn't sound bad, but I think it would be wise to substitute a flat run for the hills, and keep all your running easy. You are at the stage where all the real work is done. Don't take even the slightest risk of exacerbating what is a very minor injury, which won't impact on your marathon at all.
Chris Coleman
Chris Coleman
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down