365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sciatic Nerve pain

+6
Nick Morris
Jerry
Michele "1L" Keane
T Miller
ounce
mul21
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sciatic Nerve pain - Page 2 Empty Re: Sciatic Nerve pain

Post  mul21 Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:48 pm

Since I'm sure everyone is on pins and needles wondering about this, here's an update.  I went through PT for another round, which continued to do nothing along with the massage and chiropractic.  So, I was referred to a physiatrist, which is a fancy name for an orthopedic doc specializing in the spine.  He took a quick look, reviewed my file and agreed an injection into the SI joint was the way to go.

Shockingly, it did nothing (can you sense the sarcasm and frustration? Flame ).  So, next step was an MRI, which I was able to sneak in before the end of the year and save myself a bunch of money.  I finally got results back and there's apparently a very small amount of arthritis in a joint adjacent to the SI, so now he wants to do an injection there to hopefully get some relief.  I'm scheduled to go in for that on February 13th.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2