365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because I can say that now

+23
jon c
Joel H
amyjoann
Nick Morris
Penelope
Ken Mello
Julie
Tom H
John Kilpatrick
Matt W
Jeff F
Natalie
Paula Sue
Jerry
Kenny B.
Peg Coover
KathyK
Tim M
Seth Harrison
Mike MacLellan
Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
ChasMcG
27 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Because I can say that now - Page 9 Empty Re: Because I can say that now

Post  ChasMcG Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:35 pm

Tim M wrote:Did you really call your customers "fuck sticks"? Classic Chas! affraid
Yes...Yes I did. My feelings haven't changed much.

Julie wrote:I don't know if it's allergies or what but my contacts have been driving me crazy this week and I really don't wear glasses except for maybe a few hrs a year...but I couldn't go out with them because I don't think I see as well with them and am legally blind without them.

Hey you got out there and ran! Good for you!!
I see different with them. It's funny. At work, I always hit the wall when I go into the kitchen/break room. I'm awesome! hahah

Joel H wrote:
Tim M wrote:Did you really call your customers "fuck sticks"? Classic Chas! affraid

lol! lol! lol!

Hi Chas! No need to catch up on the blog, this last page pretty much sums it up for me. I am with Tim though, just shaking my head.
I aim to please

jon c wrote:Chas, after trying to catch up a bit on your story and reading a bit here on your very lively blog, I wanted to say congratulations on your life changes and how you have gone after the things that you are passionate about.

It takes courage to make those changes and you are continuing to make progress from what I read here. It is people like you who help keep me going when I think I have it tough. In most cases, I probably have had it pretty easy in reality.

So keep on doing what you're doing. Keep thinking in terms of progress, not perfection.Because I can say that now - Page 9 424776184

That is all.
Thanks! You nailed it though. It does take courage and believe me failing seems much easier but I look at my girls and I want them out enjoying their life. I can give that to them. I also want them to have healthy habits. Healthy habits not only keep you alive but it also helps personally, professionally, and mentally. It's touch teaching kids that know it all but they'll appreciate it later. Very Happy

Nick Morris wrote:
Tim M wrote:
Peg Coover wrote:
Ken Mello wrote:Its good to see that there is some occasional discussion of running in here. What a Face

At least Mello visits your blog! Maybe I need to discuss things that are non-running related and more exciting.

Right. Who wants to read about running?
Right!

This is a running forum??
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:25 pm

The alarm went off at 4:30. I pushed snooze. About 5:15 I rolled off the bed. Literally. Had some breakfast and we headed to Colorado Springs. Tim is running the Pikes Peak Marathon next month so I went with him to run a portion of the course which is Barr Trail.

Holy crap! I went two miles up. I just hiked up. The grade and the terrain is nuts. Big rocks, little rocks, railroad ties, and a lot of other people on a very narrow trail. But it's so fun.

Tim took off and I started up. So beautiful. A majority of people run down so when you're going up, you tend to spend a lot of the time moving over to the side to let people pass. I just couldn't wait to be one of those people!! I kept a decent pace and at mile 2 it was time to turn around and finish this run the right way or in Colorado...the cool way. Because I can say that now - Page 9 4044942068

Before I go on, I have to touch on 14'ers and living in Colorado. This is a very popular 14'er and probably rated one of the easier ones. I've heard the hardest part is actually the first 3 miles and the last 3 miles. There are no clifts which is good because I'm so scared of heights. Also, someone fell off the clift yesterday at Longs Peak. Yet another reason I won't choose that one for my first. Because I can say that now - Page 9 4209083858 (I do not think he died)

When you live in Colorado you are kind of expected to do a 14er especially if you're active. Brian Steers just moved here and he's done like 21 or something. I really wanted to do a 14'er this year for my 35th birthday but I think I need to work on it a bit and the altitude kicks my ass. Why? I have no idea. I've lived in Colorado since I was 13 and I lived in the mountains for a little while so you would think I would be acclimated. Even when I am snowboarding, it bothers me. I hit one of the bowls (picture) and that is only 12K. I had to sit a minute. The altitude and just the height of the peak put me into shock. It was fucking killer to go down but getting up freaked me out and yes the lifts freak me out too especially if the girls are on it with me.pale

Anyways, I'll work on the building and the preparation of my first 14er. In time, I will truly be a Coloradoan.

Because I can say that now - Page 9 1078438882

Okay so about my run down. It was CRAZY! I was jumping over crap, passing people, slipping, and a lot more jumping! Forcing me to lift my legs and not hit a rock with my toe sending me flying off the mountain. It was exciting and scary. I could hear someone coming up behind me and it was a young kid in blue. I just followed his lead. Watched how he maneuvered around rocks/sticks/people and I held close to him. I was stopped by some rude hikers that wouldn't let me pass but I swear he stopped and waited for me. He probably just stopped to catch his breath because I thought we were moving pretty fast for the terrain. Soon I was on his tail again. When we were able to pick up speed (through flat sections) we both kicked it in gear and then we would hit another switchback. I think Tim counted them, there are 12 through the "W's" A very hard section. The kid actually stopped and I passed him. I told him we were almost there and I was using him as my own motivation. He took the lead again.

My quads were getting beat up though and then we hit the stairs. I actually took it slow on these. Too hard on the knees and too slippery jumping off of them. The kid slowed too and then we were done. It was so freaking cool! I will say, going down was harder on my body. I can feel it in my quads even now.

When we got back in the car, I checked out my elevation. I went up 2000ft in 2 miles. To do another 12K is beyond me but we'll get there!

Here are some pics and Tim has the elevation chart for me. I didn't go as far as him but you'll get the jist. But 4 miles on a beautiful day....I can't complain!

I can't wait to do 3 up next time!

Pics coming but I don't want to lose my post. That's a lot of crap to read....er type hahahha

Happy Weekend!

Last edited by ChasMcG on Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:34 pm

Because I can say that now - Page 9 200472_1896005686420_1429925001_2198320_6516353_n

Okay so this is almost 13000ft but as you can see, I couldn't even bring myself to stand by the sign. My legs were shaking and weak from the height and altitude. But coming down was kick ass! Lots of powder!

Because I can say that now - Page 9 282045_2266209701289_1429925001_2669026_3443327_n

Just a few of those "cool" people. Today, I was one of them! hahaha

Because I can say that now - Page 9 284504_2266097058473_1429925001_2668551_1338394_n

Part of this awesome trail!

Because I can say that now - Page 9 185367_2266101938595_1429925001_2668553_3785239_n

I think this is about a mile or so up.

Because I can say that now - Page 9 282723_2266206101199_1429925001_2669001_1352125_n

The base of the trail. Those are the "easy" steps. The ones about 10ft up are about 1' + each step.
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:29 pm

Here is the profile. It is just up, up and up. Chas turned at 2 miles for the downhill run back to the car.

Because I can say that now - Page 9 Screen12
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:14 pm

Chas, that looks like an awesome run!! The pics look awesome and I bet they don't even capture the real beauty of actually being there. The elevation looks killer!!!!

Just keep at it and soon enough you'll complete your first 14er Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:19 pm

Cool pictures and the Barr Trail is great.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:36 pm

Looks like you're turning into a fellow mountain goat. Baaaaah.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  amyjoann Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:02 pm

wow absolutely gorgoeus! What a trail!cheers
amyjoann
amyjoann
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:08 pm

I can't hardly imagine running in that kind of elevation. That was awesome having someone to team up on a run with. Glad you didn't send yourself off a cliff somewhere! Funny, but I had no idea what a 14'er was - I had to look it up jocolor. You can get there - just keep on keeping on... Great pictures too!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:40 pm

John Kilpatrick wrote:I can't hardly imagine running in that kind of elevation. That was awesome having someone to team up on a run with. Glad you didn't send yourself off a cliff somewhere! Funny, but I had no idea what a 14'er was - I had to look it up jocolor. You can get there - just keep on keeping on... Great pictures too!

For those who do not want to Google it, a "14'er" is a mountain peak with a summit over 14,000 ft. There are some technical details about what makes it an individual peak or part of the same mountain. In Colorado there are either 53 or 54 peaks over 14,000.

Pikes Peak is one of them, but the problem for those that want to hike up it is that there is also the train to the summit and a toll road. So when you finally work your ass off to get up there, there is a bunch of fat people smoking and eating donuts.
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:52 pm

Nick Morris wrote:Chas, that looks like an awesome run!! The pics look awesome and I bet they don't even capture the real beauty of actually being there. The elevation looks killer!!!!

Just keep at it and soon enough you'll complete your first 14er Smile

Thanks! I was actually talking to the sales manager at my job and he did one this weekend. He says I could easily do it if I just took it slow the first time. He took one of our drivers this weekend and they got up in 5-1/2 hours. These guys are in the late 50's! I'm only 35! I'm not going to wimp out, I'm doing it! (right after I go puke haha)

Jim Lentz wrote:Cool pictures and the Barr Trail is great.
Thanks! It's a very cool trail! Have you been there? You did the ascent before didn't you?

Mike MacLellan wrote:Looks like you're turning into a fellow mountain goat. Baaaaah.
wink wink. Oh you're talking about the trail running aren't you? So fun! My shoes are dirty. I look like a real trail runner haha

amyjoann wrote:wow absolutely gorgoeus! What a trail!cheers
It's a tough one but a fun one!

John Kilpatrick wrote:I can't hardly imagine running in that kind of elevation. That was awesome having someone to team up on a run with. Glad you didn't send yourself off a cliff somewhere! Funny, but I had no idea what a 14'er was - I had to look it up jocolor. You can get there - just keep on keeping on... Great pictures too!
Yep you're right, keep working hard and pushing forward! Thanks!

Tim M wrote:

For those who do not want to Google it, a "14'er" is a mountain peak with a summit over 14,000 ft. There are some technical details about what makes it an individual peak or part of the same mountain. In Colorado there are either 53 or 54 peaks over 14,000.

Pikes Peak is one of them, but the problem for those that want to hike up it is that there is also the train to the summit and a toll road. So when you finally work your ass off to get up there, there is a bunch of fat people smoking and eating donuts.
That's funny but you're right. I can't imagine seeing that after finishing that climb. I hate donuts anyways. Smelling them after a run...ugh.
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:43 am

After Saturday's run, my legs were surprisingly sore yesterday and my ankles were so stiff.

I decided to take a rest day and not push the ankles. I didn't notice them during softball. We played some great defense but couldn't get the bats going. Another loss.

I was even more surprised when I started running tonight that I noticed stiffness in my legs/ankles. Seriously? Did I run that hard or that crazy to still feel it today? It was nice today. Windy but it kept it cool and the humidity is gone. A nice run tonight.

4 miles / 11:29 pace

Now I'll run tomorrow but I'm not sure what I'm doing the rest of the week. I'm going to Vegas for a couple of days with my girl Mel. I love running the strip in the morning so I'm thinking I can squeeze a run in while there. Mel is a sleeper and a napper. I'm hoping to get a poker tournament in and the run while she's getting her beauty sleep hahaha

A girl's trip will be fun though. Dancing, drinking, and hangin' at the pool. Ahhhhhh I can't wait! I love doing Vegas the right way! Party!

Last edited by ChasMcG on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Hope you're having a fun trip with plenty of time for some running, too!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Beautiful pics Chas!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:08 pm

Julie wrote:Hope you're having a fun trip with plenty of time for some running, too!

It was a lot of fun and I actually managed to get one run in. Pretty good for the amount of alcohol I consumed!

Peg Coover wrote:Beautiful pics Chas!

Thanks!!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:48 pm

So I'm back from Vegas and it was a lot of fun but 3 days in Vegas is enough.

I did manage to get one run in yesterday and it was awesome. We drank a lot and I did feel it during my run but not nearly like the people that I ran by were feeling it hahaha. Talk about the walk of shame. There was a lot of that. Not by me of course haha

I ran from Mandalay Bay to the Venitian and back. I ran the stairs too. There were quite a few people out when I started so in some areas I was forced to slow down or stop but other than that I was able to keep a decent pace. I forgot my darn garmin so I don't know how fast I went but my stride felt good. I had to stop at a lot of lights so I was trying to push the pace during runs.

It was weird though, it felt very humid to me. Lots of rain cloud coverage and I swear it was really humid. Maybe Matt noticed hahahah He'll back me up!

Tim mapped it for me and it was 4 or so miles. Fun run. Hot and humid but I felt good and I sweat out a lot of liquor. I needed that.

While there, Melanie wanted to do the rides on the Stratosphere. I am super scared of heights. The ski lifts even bother me so it was really huge for me to even go up. To do the rides, it's 33 bucks total. I was really nervous about the ones that go over the edge and not as worried about the Big Shot. I've done one like that before.

The one here in Denver slowly pulls you up and after 3 seconds at the top, it drops you. Ride over.

NOT THIS ONE! Oh my god you guys, I can't even think about it now! It SHOOTS you up. Fast. Like you wonder to yourself if you're going to keep going. Then you drop. Not that bad right? Ride over? HELL NO! It shoots you back up, then down, up again, and then down. I thought I was going to die. I was so scared. All I could do was scream. I got off and my legs were weak and I started crying. I am not a cryer at all but damn that shit scared me.

So the next ride was the one that dumps you over the side. Not nearly as scary as the Big Shot but still scary because the thought that it's going to slide right off the side of the building keeps running through your head. Now the people in front really have a different view. I'm looking at the dude's head in front of me. If I look next to me, it's just air but those people in front just look at their death!

The last ride I wimped on. Mel was lucky I did the first two. I gave my ticket to some dude and she rode it by herself. I watched. I'm fine not doing one that swings around off the side of the building. Really I am. It was huge for me to do the others.

We ended the night watching Carrot Top. He was hilarious. I thought some of the props were lame but overall a great show.

So after the topless pool, the dancing, the drinking, the dancing, the drinking, the drinking, the rides, the show, the band, the bars, the heels I wore walking that damn strip, and the arcade to finish it up, we made it home alive and I still managed a run! Now that is a good trip!

4 hungover miles! Yeah!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:52 pm

ChasMcG wrote:So I'm back from Vegas and it was a lot of fun but 3 days in Vegas is enough.

So after the topless pool, the dancing, the drinking, the dancing, the drinking, the drinking, the rides, the show, the band, the bars, the heels I wore walking that damn strip, and the arcade to finish it up, we made it home alive and I still managed a run! Now that is a good trip!

4 hungover miles! Yeah!

I want to go to Vegas!! Haha. Glad you had fun!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt W Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:17 pm

ChasMcG wrote:

It was weird though, it felt very humid to me. Lots of rain cloud coverage and I swear it was really humid. Maybe Matt noticed hahahah He'll back me up!

4 hungover miles! Yeah!

It was definitely humid for Vegas. It's about 60% today with random showers. I was even on The Strip Friday night. I wondered where you were, but didn't want to interrupt your fun. Now I'm half tempted to do a Sat. morning run on the Strip just to laugh at the walk of shamers...
Matt W
Matt W
Poster
Poster

http://www.redrockrunningcompany.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:05 pm

Welcome back to reality and glad you had a fun trip! I didn't even know there were topless pools affraid in Vegas. Crazy place... Good job on sneaking a run in there as well...

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:42 pm

Welcome back Chas, missed having you around here. Also great pictures you just posted, man sure wish we had trails like that in our backyard to run on. I love the snowboarding picture.

Also great to talk to Tim on Saturday. We love the Stinger gels, used one on my long run yesterday, the dam thing was sooooo good I wish I had another one to take!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:31 pm

ChasMcG wrote:"So I'm back from Vegas and it was a lot of fun but 3 days in Vegas is enough."

"NOT THIS ONE! Oh my god you guys, I can't even think about it now! It SHOOTS you up. Fast. Like you wonder to yourself if you're going to keep going. Then you drop. Not that bad right? Ride over? HELL NO! It shoots you back up, then down, up again, and then down. I thought I was going to die. I was so scared. All I could do was scream. I got off and my legs were weak and I started crying. I am not a cryer at all but damn that shit scared me.

So the next ride was the one that dumps you over the side. Not nearly as scary as the Big Shot but still scary because the thought that it's going to slide right off the side of the building keeps running through your head. Now the people in front really have a different view. I'm looking at the dude's head in front of me. If I look next to me, it's just air but those people in front just look at their death!

The last ride I wimped on. Mel was lucky I did the first two. I gave my ticket to some dude and she rode it by herself. I watched. I'm fine not doing one that swings around off the side of the building. Really I am. It was huge for me to do the others."

"So after the topless pool, the dancing, the drinking, the dancing, the drinking, the drinking, the rides, the show, the band, the bars, the heels I wore walking that damn strip, and the arcade to finish it up, we made it home alive and I still managed a run! Now that is a good trip!"

Welcome back Chas!!! We missed you...A couple of things...

First, congratulations on taking on your fears and in the words of Meatloaf, "Two out of three ain't bad" (That's the second time that I have used that quote in the last week Very Happy )

Second, topless pool?? Sign me up!!! What hotel did you stay at again?? I am heading back out to Vegas in October after the marathon.

Lastly, good work at getting at least one run in. Even if it was only 4 hungover miles.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:30 am

Peg Coover wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:So I'm back from Vegas and it was a lot of fun but 3 days in Vegas is enough.

4 hungover miles! Yeah!

I want to go to Vegas!! Haha. Glad you had fun!

Are you doing the marathon this year? Maybe this time we can actually hit the strip!

Matt W wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:

4 hungover miles! Yeah!

It was definitely humid for Vegas. It's about 60% today with random showers. I was even on The Strip Friday night. I wondered where you were, but didn't want to interrupt your fun. Now I'm half tempted to do a Sat. morning run on the Strip just to laugh at the walk of shamers...

You know, I actually thought about texting you. My girl Mel wanted to go to bed at like 12 Friday and I wasn't tired yet....obviously. I thought it might be too late to call! Damnit! Vegas is different every time I go. Hot, humid, cold. Probably one of my coldest races there. You really have to run it on a Saturday/Sunday morning. That shit is hilarious! I have actually been there before but.....I'm all grown up now! hahah

John Kilpatrick wrote:Welcome back to reality and glad you had a fun trip! I didn't even know there were topless pools affraid in Vegas. Crazy place... Good job on sneaking a run in there as well...
Oh yeah there is! Granted not everything there is great to look at but hey...who cares. Tits are tits!

Schuey wrote:Welcome back Chas, missed having you around here. Also great pictures you just posted, man sure wish we had trails like that in our backyard to run on. I love the snowboarding picture.

Also great to talk to Tim on Saturday. We love the Stinger gels, used one on my long run yesterday, the dam thing was sooooo good I wish I had another one to take!

Yeah he said you guys talked! We miss you guys so much! You guys are coming out here when Winter hits and we're taking you up and putting you two on a board and then we'll come down and run an awesome trail.
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:38 am

Nick Morris wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:"So I'm back from Vegas and it was a lot of fun but 3 days in Vegas is enough."

"NOT THIS ONE! Oh my god you guys, I can't even think about it now! It SHOOTS you up. Fast. Like you wonder to yourself if you're going to keep going. Then you drop. Not that bad right? Ride over? HELL NO! It shoots you back up, then down, up again, and then down. I thought I was going to die. I was so scared. All I could do was scream. I got off and my legs were weak and I started crying. I am not a cryer at all but damn that shit scared me.

The last ride I wimped on. Mel was lucky I did the first two. I gave my ticket to some dude and she rode it by herself. I watched. I'm fine not doing one that swings around off the side of the building. Really I am. It was huge for me to do the others."

"So after the topless pool, the dancing, the drinking, the dancing, the drinking, the drinking, the rides, the show, the band, the bars, the heels I wore walking that damn strip, and the arcade to finish it up, we made it home alive and I still managed a run! Now that is a good trip!"

Welcome back Chas!!! We missed you...A couple of things...

First, congratulations on taking on your fears and in the words of Meatloaf, "Two out of three ain't bad" (That's the second time that I have used that quote in the last week Very Happy )

Second, topless pool?? Sign me up!!! What hotel did you stay at again?? I am heading back out to Vegas in October after the marathon.

Lastly, good work at getting at least one run in. Even if it was only 4 hungover miles.

I would say one day I would like to hit the front seat like you do but I'm not going back up there ever again hahahaha silent

Ah the topless pool. We stayed at Mandalay. It's called the Beach or something like that. Not sure if you have ever been to the pool area there but right by the wave pool (left of that grill place) is an upstairs pool. I think you can get into it without staying at the hotel but I'm not sure. Most of the girls there were hot. There were a couple of grenades but you just ignore them and move on. I liked it a lot and preferred it (obviously) but it's a 21 and older pool. No kids! I was surprised of the amount of kids at the wave pool and in Vegas period. Check it out! Why don't you just wait until December to go and do the marathon with us?!?! bounce

I didn't mind hungover miles. The people I passed by were way worse off than I was hahahaha

I love Vegas!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:42 am

Ran a couple of miles before Poker tonight. I mixed it up as well. I would run, jump off and do stairs, run again at a fast pace, jump off and do pushups, so on and so on. Gearing up for Warrior! It was fun and felt great.

I headed to a poker tourney at a bar by my house. I ended up taking 2nd and I didn't know I won something for that! I got a 20 dollar gift certificate! Yeah! Hopefully I can make it next week!

Have a great night everyone!!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:23 am

The topless pool was closed in December when we stayed there!

No Vegas trip this year. My marathon is Twin Cities in October. I don't think Vegas is the place for me to run a good marathon! It's too hard to be good the day before. Of course, this year you will run at night--that will be fun for you!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum: