365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the year...continued...

+23
fostever
jon c
Mark B
Seth Harrison
Jerry
Peg Coover
Chris M
Michele "1L" Keane
Jim Lentz
John Kilpatrick
Alex Kubacki
ChasMcG
JohnP
Paula Sue
Julie
mul21
Tom H
Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Kenny B.
Mike MacLellan
Natalie
Nick Morris
27 posters

Page 2 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next

Go down

This is the year...continued... - Page 2 Empty Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Nick Morris Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:56 pm

Tom H wrote:Nick, I'm envous of your low heart rate at those paces. Have you always had that type of performance, or was that something that just improved as you put in more and more miles?

My resting heart rate has been really low for quite some time now, but I have found that the more miles that I log the lower my training average gets. I normally race at about 165 to 170 and have a max of about 185.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

This is the year...continued... - Page 2 Empty Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Schuey Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:00 am

Nick Morris wrote:
Tom H wrote:Nick, I'm envous of your low heart rate at those paces. Have you always had that type of performance, or was that something that just improved as you put in more and more miles?

My resting heart rate has been really low for quite some time now, but I have found that the more miles that I log the lower my training average gets. I normally race at about 165 to 170 and have a max of about 185.

And that should continue to happen do to the better aerobic fitness your in. I laugh at how low my HR is on runs @ certain paces now compared to what they a 1,3 and even 5 years ago. It's crazy I tell you.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom H Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:30 am

Well, I've become a believer in the aerobic conditioning after the results of my last race. It'll be interesting to see how far it will take me as I continue to pursue it. But you guys certainly give me hope!
Tom H
Tom H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:51 am

I had no idea you were a fellow UW-L alum! I graduated in 2000 and drank waaaaay too many beers for my own good on 3rd street!
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:13 pm

mul21 wrote:I had no idea you were a fellow UW-L alum! I graduated in 2000 and drank waaaaay too many beers for my own good on 3rd street!

Yes I am...graduated in 2003. I think that we all had wayyy too many beers on 3rd st Very Happy
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:29 pm

6/21 -

4 mile run tonight and I was glad to get it in with all of the storm watches that were out in our area. I completed 4.20 miles at a 7:25 pace. About 15 minutes after getting home, the thunder started rolling in and the rain began to fall.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:31 pm

Nice healthy run before the storm.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:41 am

Kenny B. wrote:Nice healthy run before the storm.

Thanks Kenny...Not much really materialized out of the whole storm thing. Just a few showers...I think the weathermen get a "Weather Woody" everytime there is a chance of severe weather.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:40 am

Nick Morris wrote:

Thanks Kenny...Not much really materialized out of the whole storm thing. Just a few showers...I think the weathermen get a "Weather Woody" everytime there is a chance of severe weather.

Any chance I get to run I seem to pitch a tent! JK.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:44 am

Kenny B. wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

Any chance I get to run I seem to pitch a tent! JK.

Weather woody and pitch a tent. Nice! Thanks for the laugh! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Nick, nice job getting that run in before the storms rolled in. The rain is always nice, but I get a little nervous when I start to see lighting and I have a bit of a ways to go before I'm home.
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:48 am

I have several friends who have run Steamtown and recommend it. I bet you will have a great race! Your training looks great!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:14 am

Julie wrote:I have several friends who have run Steamtown and recommend it. I bet you will have a great race! Your training looks great!

Thanks Julie!!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom H Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:19 am

Nick Morris wrote:

With all the severe weather we've had this year, some of those woodies must be worn to a nub . . .
Tom H
Tom H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:58 am

Tom H wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

With all the severe weather we've had this year, some of those woodies must be worn to a nub . . .

LOL!! lol! lol!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula Sue Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:06 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Tom H wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

LOL!! lol! lol!
+1...and I wish you guys would wring all the rain out of those clouds before they wander east toward me! sunny
Paula Sue
Paula Sue
Poster
Poster

http://oceanbreeze-lake-erie.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:16 pm

6/22 -

Wednesday, 7 mile sorta long run (wow...who does that sound like?? Smile )...I completed 7.45 miles at a comfortable 7:43 pace.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:46 pm

Nick Morris wrote:6/22 -

Wednesday, 7 mile sorta long run (wow...who does that sound like?? Smile )...I completed 7.45 miles at a comfortable 7:43 pace.

Great run when it's comfortable.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:42 pm

Kenny B. wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:6/22 -

Great run when it's comfortable.

I actually tried to slow myself down...It was a great run...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:43 pm

Nick, best of luck in the Steamtown plans, I've heard it's a good BQ race. I ran CIM a few years ago and really liked it, though you have to prepare for the constant rolling hills. But still, it's a great marathon.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:51 pm

6/23 -

Another 4 miler on the schedule...4.17 miles at 7:41 pace.

Looking forward to this weekend's runs!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:52 pm

Nice job on the run, Nick! Keep up the great work! bounce bounce
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:55 pm

Nick Morris wrote:6/23 -

Well Nick from scanning over your training things are looking good! Too bad you're captain of the wrong team. lol!

You can't be to mad at me though I'm am helping out one of your runners.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:37 am

Schuey wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:6/23 -

Well Nick from scanning over your training things are looking good! Too bad you're captain of the wrong team. lol!

You can't be to mad at me though I'm am helping out one of your runners.

Understandable...plus I didn't even get a chance to draft you as Jim had the first pick...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:46 pm

6/24 -

And on Friday Nick rested...

A well deserved off day today after a great work week of running. Tomorrow I have 7 miles at MP and on Sunday a 15 mile LSD. Bring on the weekend!!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:53 pm

Nick Morris wrote:6/24 -

And on Friday Nick rested...

A well deserved off day today after a great work week of running. Tomorrow I have 7 miles at MP and on Sunday a 15 mile LSD. Bring on the weekend!!!

Exciting weekend of running ahead.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next