365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garmin 410

5 posters

Go down

Garmin 410 Empty Garmin 410

Post  Peg Coover Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:51 am

I've had my 410 for a couple months now and I am getting used to using it. I tried last night to set the screen to show a different display. What I struggle with is the stupid bezel. It doesn't always respond when I want it to and then suddenly it things I selected some menu and goes clear back. Argh! I think I finally got it, but now it will be interesting to find out if I wil be able to select that screen next time I run! Training 1 I left as the default, and I attempted to set Training 3 to show lap distance and pace rather than overall distance.

Any advice on using the bezel would be appreciated!

Also, I haven't been able to view a run on the watch itself, when finished with a run. I have seen the display that shows distance and ave pace and time, but I can't scroll through the laps....It would be nice to know how to do that if I am not at a computer but want to see my splits.

Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Garmin 410 Empty Re: Garmin 410

Post  T Miller Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:51 am

You'll get used to the Bezel. My suggestion is simply to not try to operate it while you're wet.

To review a workout you can press on the bottom of the bezel for an extended period to pull up the history screen.
Press the right side of the bezel to enter history
The first screen you will see is your most recent workout.
If you want to go to a previous workout then you have to use the bezel in a counter clockwise direction to scroll through previous workouts.
Once you find the workout that you want to review you need to press the right side to go into the workout.
Once you're in the workout you should be able to use the bezel in a clockwise direction to scroll through the laps.

I hope this helps.
T Miller
T Miller
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:09 am

I've had the same problem and it's frustrating. It seems like the watch is hung doing something else, and then suddenly it responds to touches or even button pushes. I know of no solution, I have the latest software version on it. Another frustrating thign for is is it says "Battery low" even when it is charged fully. I'm guessing individual units like mine may have some issues but most are fine.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:12 pm

JohnP wrote:Another frustrating thign for is is it says "Battery low" even when it is charged fully.

This happens to me sometimes. Annoying. Another thing that happens that ticks me off, like this past Monday, is when I fully charge it then head out and after a short bit the watch goes totally blank. Then later in the day it comes back on saying Battery Low.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:11 pm

amazon has them $100 less than a FR305.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life