365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 3rd time's a charm!

+28
Paula Sue
Michael Enright
Dave P
jon c
Mark B
Joel H
Chris M
Jim Lentz
healdgator
Michele "1L" Keane
Natalie
Alex Kubacki
Nick Morris
John Kilpatrick
Mike MacLellan
JohnP
ChasMcG
Dave-O
Ken Mello
Matt W
Mrs. Schuey
Schuey
Tom H
Seth Harrison
Jerry
Kenny B.
Neil Ruggiero
mul21
32 posters

Page 8 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next

Go down

The 3rd time's a charm! - Page 8 Empty Re: The 3rd time's a charm!

Post  mul21 Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:01 am

Thanks everybody. Kind of in a rush this morning. Just finished my run for the day and have a work golf outing all day today that I have to get to.

I got in 6 with some hill sprints last night and then 12 this morning. I was supposed to do 14, but I tweaked something in my right foot during my tempo run the other night and it's been bothering me since. It's not bad right now, but I decided to err on the side of caution and not push it today. I'm not running for about 48 hours, so that should give it some time to calm down a bit. I'll pick up the extra 2 miles on a recovery run over the weekend since I'm only scheduled to do 4 on one of the weekend days anyway.

Since I'll be in Chicago this weekend, I'm going to try to hook up with Schuey and get a long run in with him since Dave has me scheduled for 14 with 10 @ MP and 7:00 pace should be good for Schuey (at least for a few miles anyway!).
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:06 pm

I'm jealous of all you mid-westerners who periodically get to drop in on each other and hang out. Hope you do get to see the Schuey's and get out for a run with Martin.
I hope the foot is no big deal and that the little extra rest takes care of it.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:12 pm

7:00 is MP, cool!
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:59 pm

Seth Harrison wrote:I'm jealous of all you mid-westerners who periodically get to drop in on each other and hang out. Hope you do get to see the Schuey's and get out for a run with Martin.

Well Seth if you get back to some long runs I will join you. The 3rd time's a charm! - Page 8 1078438882
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:05 pm

Super impressive tempo run my man. Since I've been coaching you, you've come a long way on those FCRs.

I'm glad Schuey is taking on some Sherpa duties this weekend. I'll get in touch on Saturday or Sunday to see when I'm back in town.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:16 pm

Good choice in erring on the side of caution. It is definitely better to be safe than sorry. Have fun in Chitown this weekend and say hi to Martin and Lisa for me...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:03 am

Nick Morris wrote:Good choice in erring on the side of caution. It is definitely better to be safe than sorry. Have fun in Chitown this weekend and say hi to Martin and Lisa for me...

Hi Nick Smile

Looking forward to seeing you this weekend, Jim! The Yolk may be in order after our runs Smile
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:25 am

Have fun this weekend with the Schuey's...I bet it will be nice to have your own sherpa for the long run too.
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:21 am

Seth Harrison wrote:I'm jealous of all you mid-westerners who periodically get to drop in on each other and hang out. Hope you do get to see the Schuey's and get out for a run with Martin.

I don't get to do it often, but it should be a good time. The foot's already feeling much better, even after a day of golf yesterday.

Jim Lentz wrote:7:00 is MP, cool!

Well, not yet, but hopefully!

Kenny B. wrote:

Well Seth if you get back to some long runs I will join you. The 3rd time's a charm! - Page 8 1078438882

Yeah Seth, go run with Kenny! Although he may try to zen you into some kind of crazy running mantra! lol!

Dave-O wrote:Super impressive tempo run my man. Since I've been coaching you, you've come a long way on those FCRs.

I'm glad Schuey is taking on some Sherpa duties this weekend. I'll get in touch on Saturday or Sunday to see when I'm back in town.

Thanks-confidence is such a huge part of those runs and getting the reinforcement that I can handle them helps a lot.

Mrs. Schuey wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:Good choice in erring on the side of caution. It is definitely better to be safe than sorry. Have fun in Chitown this weekend and say hi to Martin and Lisa for me...

Hi Nick Smile

Looking forward to seeing you this weekend, Jim! The Yolk may be in order after our runs Smile

Definitely safer to cut it short, and I still got in 12, so no big deal.

Lisa, The Yolk sounds good!

Joel H wrote:Have fun this weekend with the Schuey's...I bet it will be nice to have your own sherpa for the long run too.

I'm looking forward to having somebody to pull me along, it gets tough pushing yourself on your own all the time. Especially since Schuey won't be working that hard to keep up the pace.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:58 am

I'm back from the little jaunt to Chicago over the weekend and still slightly exhausted!

I met Schuey early Saturday morning out front of the hotel, as he ran the mile and a half from his place. We headed down to the lake front path and got in 14 miles with 3-10 being at/around my goal MP for Chicago. I was hurting the last mile or two and was glad he was there to help pull me through the last couple miles of it. I haven't been running outside much and even though it wasn't as bad as it's been in St. Louis, cranking it up to that kind of intensity that early in the morning in a decent amount of heat/humidity made it a tough workout. I was happy to get in the 14 and pretty much okay with the 8 @ MP.

I got home early evening Sunday and got out the door for an easy 6 even though temps were still in the low 90s and humidity was relatively high. I was soaked when I got done, but that put me at my mileage goal for the week of 54. Now, this week I get back to the high mileage stuff and am shooting for 70.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:05 am

What time were you and Schuey our running and in what area? I wonder if you passed us. We started running south from around Irving Park Rd at 6:30 AM and turned around just past the Shedd Aquarium.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:13 pm

Good job pushing through to 14 with 8 @ MP. Nice to run with Martin very cool!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:13 pm

Jim Lentz wrote:What time were you and Schuey our running and in what area? I wonder if you passed us. We started running south from around Irving Park Rd at 6:30 AM and turned around just past the Shedd Aquarium.

I think we got on the path around Grand maybe and headed south a couple miles past McCormick Place. We started from the hotel about 6:15 or so. There were a ton of groups out and the water stations were pretty convenient.

Kenny B. wrote:Good job pushing through to 14 with 8 @ MP. Nice to run with Martin very cool!

It was definitely pushing to get to 8. I'm actually still a little sore today.

I just entered my runs for the end of last week into my log and realized I not only set a new weekly high of 70 miles last month, but set a new monthly high of 257, which is my best month by 22 miles. I think both of those numbers should bode well for the marathon this fall. I'm also averaging just shy of 57 miles a week for the cycle and that number should go up slightly by the end of the cycle. Right now that's 5 more miles a week than the spring cycle was.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:42 pm

mul21 wrote:
I just entered my runs for the end of last week into my log and realized I not only set a new weekly high of 70 miles last month, but set a new monthly high of 257, which is my best month by 22 miles. I think both of those numbers should bode well for the marathon this fall. I'm also averaging just shy of 57 miles a week for the cycle and that number should go up slightly by the end of the cycle. Right now that's 5 more miles a week than the spring cycle was.

Yes and yes! And doing it all during a rough summer!
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:27 pm

You are well equipped to have another breakthrough marathon. This summer running this season got to be helping our asses.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:02 pm

BQ = yours.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:48 pm

Dave-O wrote:
mul21 wrote:

Yes and yes! And doing it all during a rough summer!

I blame you for my worsening insanity! afro

Kenny B. wrote:You are well equipped to have another breakthrough marathon. This summer running this season got to be helping our asses.

I think it would be helping more if I was actually running outside more than once a week!

Mike MacLellan wrote:BQ = yours.

Let's not go counting chickens yet Mike. Lots of training and race day weather to worry about! But I certainly appreciate the confidence in me!
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:40 pm

Great work this summer so far Jim!! You are owning the road right now!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

The 3rd time's a charm! - Page 8 Empty I ran inside today.....

Post  mul21 Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:54 pm

The 3rd time's a charm! - Page 8 08-02-10
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:59 pm

Well, I have to say you have my high for the summer beat, that's a very high temperature. Also, nice running last month, it will definitely pay some dividends in the fall.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:15 am

mul21 wrote:The 3rd time's a charm! - Page 8 08-02-10

So, you drive an Altima, too...

btw, 111 is pretty warm even if it is in the sun...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:24 am

Man you guys are getting beat up with that weather...101 doesn't sound as bad as 111 but it ALL SUCKS! I went to fill up my car yesterday and I didn't even want to stand in the shade it was so bad.
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:26 am

BTW...what are you doing taking pictures while you are driving??
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:32 am

Look familiar...

The 3rd time's a charm! - Page 8 281227_10150251970434386_511934385_7068401_7263655_n
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:29 pm

Nick, it certainly does! That's actually a work car as I was in Springfield, MO yesterday, but that's the one I drive when I travel.

I knocked out 10 last night at GAish pace. I finished right at 1:18 for the run, which works out to 7:48 miles. That's a tad slower than I've been doing these, but the 85+ degree gym was a huge factor and my HR was up near 85% of max during the last couple miles, so I figured that was plenty.

Off to the gym right now for another 12 miles with the last 3 moderately hard. Should be interesting since my legs are less than fresh since I grabbed the wrong pair of shoes on the way out of town yesterday. The Asics DS Trainers that have been retired since early spring got thrown in my bag by mistake and they have less than great cushioning anymore.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next