365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lake Tahoe running trails?

4 posters

Go down

Lake Tahoe running trails? Empty Lake Tahoe running trails?

Post  Ben Z Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:00 pm

Hi All -

I'm staying in Tahoe for the next three days and looking for some recommendations on where to run. I'm very close to Lake Tahoe State Park on the NE corner of the lake.

Any ideas?
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Lake Tahoe running trails? Empty Re: Lake Tahoe running trails?

Post  Martin VW Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:16 pm

Ben Z wrote:Hi All -

I'm staying in Tahoe for the next three days and looking for some recommendations on where to run. I'm very close to Lake Tahoe State Park on the NE corner of the lake.

Any ideas?

Funny, I'll be there Saturday/Sunday to drop my son off at hockey camp. But on the south tip of the lake, by Heavenly.
Martin VW
Martin VW
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:32 pm

Squaw Valley. Start of the WS100.

A bit farther, Auburn. End of the WS100. An hour and a half drive, but in my opinion, completely worth it (I lived there, so I'm biased).

Tahoe Rim Trail circumnavigates the lake and would take a very, very long time to run.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim C Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:46 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:Squaw Valley. Start of the WS100.

A bit farther, Auburn. End of the WS100. An hour and a half drive, but in my opinion, completely worth it (I lived there, so I'm biased).

Tahoe Rim Trail circumnavigates the lake and would take a very, very long time to run.

I have hiked many miles of that trail, in fact will be there in 6 weeks to do some more. Simply beautiful area to hike.

Sorry, no suggestions on where to run near that part of the lake.
Tim C
Tim C
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Z Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:48 pm

Thanks for the Squaw recommendation. The four of us went to the village, took the tram up and then I got to run around the loop trails up at high camp and then back down. Just an awesome, awesome set of trails up there.
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down