365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NYC qualifying

+5
EugeneGreenie
Chris M
Michele "1L" Keane
Ben Z
JohnP
9 posters

Go down

NYC qualifying Empty NYC qualifying

Post  JohnP Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:29 pm

I don't know if anyone has seen this - NYC is changing policies on qualifying and it's going to be harder to get in.

http://www.ingnycmarathon.org/entrantinfo/Guaranteed_Entry_Guidelines.htm

It looks like the three times denied and then guaranteed entrance is being phased out. I'm not sure if qualifying times for guaranteed acceptance are tighter but they sure are fast. I'm guessing next year will be insane with number of entrants due to this year's cancellation. It looks like a race I'll never be able to do unless I move to New York.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

NYC qualifying Empty Re: NYC qualifying

Post  Ben Z Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:35 pm

Unlike their 'communication problems' lately NYRR actually announced these changes awhile ago if I recall. I actually thought they were going to phase out the auto qualifying times altogether (part of the reason I specifically trained to run 1:21 a year a half ago) but now I see they just made them tougher. A lot tougher for the marathon.

Given the debacle this year coupled with potential 'free' entry next year for NYC marathon runners I'll have to give it one more go. Let's hope for no more super-storms.
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:48 pm

They announced changes a while ago, but for some reason, I thought they were tougher than they are (for women at least). I'm good all the way around - cancellation this year and qualifying times. The question; however, is what do you do with 47000+ "deferrals". I guess we will all find out soon enough.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris M Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:53 pm

I'm in with Guaranteed Entry off of a half marathon - that makes me want to run it in 2013. Who is in for NYC 2013?
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Z Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:03 pm

Chris M wrote:I'm in with Guaranteed Entry off of a half marathon - that makes me want to run it in 2013. Who is in for NYC 2013?

I'm in. Gotta knock this one off the list.
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  EugeneGreenie Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:03 pm

I am in with a qualifying time and plan to go back for my second. Once wasn't enough and NYC is my home town so I love seeing all my old haunts...

I too am concerned about all the folks who may defer from this year to next year. But I also think that there might be a lot of bad feelings because of how NYRR handled it this year. So there might be less than we think...

E Greenie
EugeneGreenie
EugeneGreenie
Poster
Poster

http://traniningup.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:17 am

I am suppose to qualify based on 3 straight years of rejections. 2010, 2011, 2012. Based on what I know i Get in automatically for 2013. Keep in mind I was also rejected in 2007 and 2008 I just forgot to register in 2009.

If I don't get it in because of some rule changes no big deal. Brooklyn Marathon is going to take over! bounce

I read their guidelines just now thoroughly so it looks like I am good with the 3 rejections to get in in 2013. I'll be doing it as fun run to just say I did it. (Maybe).
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:09 am

2008, I used 1:28 half to qualify. I don't understand as I get older, why I need tougher time, but the qualifying time still looks reasonable to me. lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:13 pm

I qualify but have no interest what's so ever to ever run this race! Last time I was in NYC was to see the Dead play.

I would like to knock off London and Berlin though!

Edit: also thinking about maybe doing this not sure if I will get to it this year up in Ithaca, NY:

www.cayugatrails50.com
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:41 pm

I'm in with my 2012 deferral and on time. I love the NY marathon, so I'm sure I will pull the trigger and run it again.

And Schuey - if you are going to run those trails in June, let me know - that is about 2.5 hrs away from me in the summer. I've run over there in a tri- but only for a 10K.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:34 pm

Looks like they don't want my money.

OK by me.

Very Happy
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris M Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:15 pm

Schuey wrote:I qualify but have no interest what's so ever to ever run this race! Last time I was in NYC was to see the Dead play.

I would like to knock off London and Berlin though!

Edit: also thinking about maybe doing this not sure if I will get to it this year up in Ithaca, NY:

www.cayugatrails50.com
I was born in Ithaca at Cayuga County Hospital. Not that I remember anything from those days. My parents moved from Ithaca to New England before I was 2. But if you hit Ithaca, I'm in to crew for you.
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down