365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now What To Do???

+19
jon c
nkrichards
Seth Harrison
Dave Wolfe
Chris M
JohnP
Kenny B.
mul21
Mark B
fostever
mountandog
Ben Z
Julie
John Kilpatrick
Bob
dot520
Jerry
Michele "1L" Keane
Nick Morris
23 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Now What To Do??? - Page 10 Empty Re: Now What To Do???

Post  Schuey Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:03 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Schuey wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:I am taking the day off today, before I head into a weekend full of baseball and running. Going to all three weekend games vs. the Phillies, starting tonight. I am hoping that they can turn things around, but it is not looking good.

On a side note, yesterday I put together my training schedule for this cycle. It includes five 20 milers and four weeks with two-a-days. Should be fun...

Haha I hear you on the baseball front I keep saying the Sox can turn it around. then I remind myself wait we hired a H.S. baseball coach to be manager of our team. Enough said!!!!

Sweet looks like you are stepping things up this training cycle and put your feet into new water. Oh, it's always fun even on those days when you don't want to get out of bed and run!!! Smile

Really?? I don't think Ventura is that bad of a manager. I think you guys need some better talent in a couple of areas. Plus, I think Paulie K. has finally hit the end of his productive career.

I agree with needing some better talent and PK at the end of the line but I still feel at the time there were way better options for a manager. Here is the deal Kenny Williams Hired Ventura because he know he won't question him. Ventura may workout as time goes on but there is no doubt in my mind that Kenny Williams needs to move on.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:23 pm

Schuey wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Schuey wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:I am taking the day off today, before I head into a weekend full of baseball and running. Going to all three weekend games vs. the Phillies, starting tonight. I am hoping that they can turn things around, but it is not looking good.

On a side note, yesterday I put together my training schedule for this cycle. It includes five 20 milers and four weeks with two-a-days. Should be fun...

Haha I hear you on the baseball front I keep saying the Sox can turn it around. then I remind myself wait we hired a H.S. baseball coach to be manager of our team. Enough said!!!!

Sweet looks like you are stepping things up this training cycle and put your feet into new water. Oh, it's always fun even on those days when you don't want to get out of bed and run!!! Smile

Really?? I don't think Ventura is that bad of a manager. I think you guys need some better talent in a couple of areas. Plus, I think Paulie K. has finally hit the end of his productive career.

I agree with needing some better talent and PK at the end of the line but I still feel at the time there were way better options for a manager. Here is the deal Kenny Williams Hired Ventura because he know he won't question him. Ventura may workout as time goes on but there is no doubt in my mind that Kenny Williams needs to move on.

I totally agree with you on that one. Williams has had talent in the past and hasn't done much. Granted you guys did win a World Series, but honestly you should have crushed a very weak AL Central.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:20 pm

Nice and easy run on a gorgeous evening for a run. I got in 4.25 miles tonight at a 7:46 pace. Yesterday marked two weeks until the start of marathon training. Just trying to finish off the base building phase before the bell rings for the real thing. I am getting up early tomorrow to hit up the hill repeats again. This time I am upping the repeats from 4x to 5x. Then if I feel good, I may look to get in an afternoon run, as well.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:32 am

So, I got in the hill repeats this morning.  Five times up and five times down this week.  It was warm and humid this morning, as storms are scheduled to roll in today.  This my hinder my plan at running this afternoon.  I guess I will just have to wait and see if the storms hold off long enough for me to get it in.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:59 pm

Yup...The storms rolled in this afternoon and unfortunately I am not going to get out for a second run of the day.  We'll try this again next Wednesday...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:59 pm

Today was "the calm after the storm(s)".  After last night 3 or 4 storms rolled through, the day today turned out to be wonderful.  I saw upper 70s during my run this afternoon.  Got in an easy 4.25 miles again.  This time a little faster, at a 7:34 pace.  Tomorrow is an off day as I get ready for a decent weekend of running and golf Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:08 am

Sounds like a good run today! Glad you didn't have to hurdle any downed trees or anything...
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:14 am

I am taking the day off to rest up for the weekend.  I am think at least 8 tomorrow, followed by around 14 on Sunday...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:58 am

Humid, moist morning for a run. I got in a good 8.61 miles this morning at an average pace of 7:51. I had a nice fast finish with the last 0.61 miles coming at a 6:38 pace. Heart rate averaged a cool 140 bpm...Now it's off to hit the links for 18, before resting up for tomorrow's 14...It's getting close to go time!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:21 pm

Whew!!  That was one sweaty 14 mile run this morning.  I knew it was going to be fun when it was 70 degrees at 6:30 this morning.  So, I decided to take it slower, so as not to blow up from overheating.  Dang, it was warm, as it was in the middle to upper 70s by the time I finished.  Ended up running the 14.17 miles at an 8:18 pace.  Surprisingly though, my heart rate averaged a low 137.  I know that I was running slower, but it felt like I was working hard with the temps.  Training starts a week from tomorrow!!

P.S. Happy Father's Day to all of the dads!!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:36 pm

Nice run, Nick. I've noticed my HR doesn't get higher in the heat, the pace just gets slower as the body struggles to cool down. How did you shoot on Saturday? No rain there?
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:36 pm

JohnP wrote:Nice run, Nick. I've noticed my HR doesn't get higher in the heat, the pace just gets slower as the body struggles to cool down. How did you shoot on Saturday? No rain there?

We had rain early in the morning before my run yesterday, but everything cleared off before my 10:10 tee time. I didn't shoot very well, but things actually got better as the round went on. I shot better on the back nine and it is harder than the front...go figure...I sot a horrible 59 on the front and a 54 on the back for a 113. It was only my second time out this year, so I am hoping to get back in the "swing" of things before the end of summer.

As for my HR, I for sure thought that I was working my heart harder today. But as you said, it is more my body struggling to cool down.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:43 am

Today is an off day/cross-training day/softball day Smile

Only a week left of this thread, before I start a new one with my new training cycle. I am traveling for work to El Paso, TX next week. So, Week 1 is going to start out with some warm runs 100 degrees each day that I am there...YAY!!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:34 am

FInished my last hill repeats before the start of training.  Another 5 up/5 down for this morning's quarter mile repeats.  Kinda glad that I am done with them for a while.  I will probably revisit them later in my training cycle.  Things are looking good weather wise for me to get in a second run this evening.  We'll see...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:37 pm

Yay!!!  I was able to get out for a second run this evening.  I challenged the hill repeats this morning and then completed 4.41 miles after work at a leasurely 8:01 pace.  I didn't want to push things with this being my last week before my training cycle and the second run of the day.  So, I just enjoed the run and didn't worry about how slow my pace was (I did monitor it to make sure that I didn't go too fast).  So, I got another run tomorrow and then one or two more over the weekend before it is go time Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:14 pm

Got in an easy 4 today on a hot day.  Temps in the upper 80s pushing 90.  Finished 4.25 miles at a 7:51 pace...Off day tomorrow...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:44 pm

Taking the day off today to rest my legs for what begins on Monday!!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:11 pm

Nick Morris wrote:Taking the day off today to rest my legs for what begins on Monday!!!  

Enjoy your day off.  Hope your training goes well.  If all goes as planned I'll see you in Hamilton. Smile
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:16 pm

nkrichards wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:Taking the day off today to rest my legs for what begins on Monday!!!  

Enjoy your day off.  Hope your training goes well.  If all goes as planned I'll see you in Hamilton. Smile
That sounds like a plan Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:14 pm

Aw, I'm going to miss reading about your lung-busting and leg-shredding hill repeats. You must feel they help a lot to do them so regularly.

Hope you have some planned as you get ready for your fall race!
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:33 am

Mark B wrote:Aw, I'm going to miss reading about your lung-busting and leg-shredding hill repeats. You must feel they help a lot to do them so regularly.

Hope you have some planned as you get ready for your fall race!

Haha!!  Yes, I am done with those for a while.  As I get deeper into my training cycle, I will add some back in.  I mostly use them to help me strengthen my quads and hammies for the grueling training cycle.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  dot520 Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:14 am

So, now starts the 19 week cycle until your marathon? I love fall marathons but the summer heat sometimes kills the joy!  Looking forward to hearing about it.
dot520
dot520
Top 10 Poster Emeritus
Top 10 Poster Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:11 pm

dot520 wrote:So, now starts the 19 week cycle until your marathon? I love fall marathons but the summer heat sometimes kills the joy!  Looking forward to hearing about it.
 Yes Dot you are correct.  Today was the last day of base running before my 19 week training program.  I'll be starting a new thread tomorrow.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:16 pm

Got in an easy 10k run this morning before it got really hot out.  Even at 6:30 it was almost 70 and extremely humid.  I made it about a third of a mile and I was already wiping sweat off my brow.  Ran the 6.28 miles at an easy 7:44 pace.  I didn't want to go to hard, as tomorrow marks the first day of training. 

On Tuesday I head down to El Paso, TX for work, where the high temps for the three days that I am there is 103, 104, and 106, respectively.  Should be some good sweaty running conditions.  The lows are expected to be 75 each day, so looks like early or late running for me Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:37 pm

So, Monday is supposed to be the start of my training and Monday's entail cross training at the beginning of my schedule.  But since I have a 5am flight on Tuesday, I think that I am going to do the cross training plus get in my Tuesday run, just in case something happens on Tuesday.  It's just a thought, but if it storms tomorrow I may not...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum