365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CIM Ain't Going to Happen...Tucson?

5 posters

Go down

CIM Ain't Going to Happen...Tucson? Empty CIM Ain't Going to Happen...Tucson?

Post  Ben Z Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:36 pm

Flooding rains expected combined with a 27mph headwind forecasted have led me to pull the plug on CIM for this weekend.

The bad luck since NYC Marathon continues...

So now I registered for Tucson next weekend. Anyone run this race before? Tips to share?

As I was looking at the course profile I rememberd some chatter a couple of years ago about the (huge) net downhill course profile. Looks like to a wicked fast course the last 8 miles or so if I can hang on.
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

CIM Ain't Going to Happen...Tucson? Empty Re: CIM Ain't Going to Happen...Tucson?

Post  Diego Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:18 pm

Ben Z wrote:Flooding rains expected combined with a 27mph headwind forecasted have led me to pull the plug on CIM for this weekend.

The bad luck since NYC Marathon continues...

So now I registered for Tucson next weekend. Anyone run this race before? Tips to share?

As I was looking at the course profile I rememberd some chatter a couple of years ago about the (huge) net downhill course profile. Looks like to a wicked fast course the last 8 miles or so if I can hang on.

Run it with Chris M. He's there, too. Perhaps you guys can run the same pace, too--2:56-2:59.
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

CIM Ain't Going to Happen...Tucson? Empty Re: CIM Ain't Going to Happen...Tucson?

Post  Jerry Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:33 pm

Max M. ran it before if you need any tip.

That place is dry, good luck Ben and Chris!

Chris, if Jerry can do it, how hard can it be. lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Z Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:54 pm

Diego wrote:
Run it with Chris M. He's there, too. Perhaps you guys can run the same pace, too--2:56-2:59.

Umm...not unless he passes me at mile 18-26 Smile Which is VERY possible...
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:10 pm

Ben Z wrote:
Diego wrote:

Umm...not unless he passes me at mile 18-26 Smile Which is VERY possible...

Gonna tear it up, huh!CIM Ain't Going to Happen...Tucson? 4044942068
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  wrichman Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:17 pm

I have a few friends that followed your NYC-CIM-Tucson route as well. Don't know anything about the course myself though. Good luck!
wrichman
wrichman
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:30 pm

It is mostly downhill, but there is a climb near the end which gets to a lot of runners.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down