365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resolution Road Race 2013

Go down

Resolution Road Race 2013 Empty Resolution Road Race 2013

Post  Michael Enright Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:37 pm

Happy New Year everyone!

Thought about running the local "Resolution Road Race" this morning during the last week or so. Woke up early enough this morning (10:00 a.m. start, half an hour away) to do it. Didn't feel great, couldn't find my cold weather race gear, thought I might be late, blah, blah, blah.

Got there in time, wearing an odd assortment of mismatched gear that worked just fine, thanks very much, and figured I'd feel better once I got going. No warm up, no stretching, just get to the start area and go. Weather was good (sunny and about freezing). A few icy spots on the course, but not too bad.

Only goal was to run this 5K at about 10K pace. Started out a little slow, intentionally, to warm up. Picked up the pace by 16 seconds per mile for mile 2, and just a shade faster for mile 3, with a bit of a sprint for the .1 to the finish. Official time was 24:04, but it actually was probably just under 24:00, based on where I was at the start and the chaos at the start (no one except the front row could hear the unamplified start command over the chatter of the crowd!). Either way, that is right at my 10K target pace, so perfect for this race. Also, no one passed me during this race, at least not for long, so I think I paced it just about right.

Came home and everyone was still asleep in my house!

Nice way to start 2013...
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down