365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missoula Meltdown

+11
Julie
Chris M
Dave-O
amyjoann
Seth Harrison
Mark B
Michael Enright
dot520
Michele "1L" Keane
JohnP
carleenp
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Missoula Meltdown - Page 2 Empty Re: Missoula Meltdown

Post  carleenp Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:38 pm

Good analysis from all of you.  And I agree with all of it! I will say though that the net uphill of the course really was not that noticeable outside of the hill area. It seemed generally flat. But that hill was killer.

Julie: I thought it was a charming and well run race. Missoula is a neat town to visit. So I would still recommend the race. I don't know that I would recommend it for a race with a time goal though. Not so much because I did poorly there, but because aside from that hill, there are something like 16 turns in the last 6-8 miles with weird roundabouts and odd banking of the road, and there are a few sections of pavement that are really bumpy and uncomfortable to run on. It strikes be as a course that is better run for fun than for time. Crowd support in the first half is minimal too. Rather good in the second half though. And you get free race photos and beer. Smile

Jeff Galloway and his wife also have run it the last few years. I rode the elevator at my hotel with him and chatted with him and didn't realize who it was until later!
carleenp
carleenp
Regular
Regular

http://beautyandfashiontech.com

Back to top Go down

Missoula Meltdown - Page 2 Empty Re: Missoula Meltdown

Post  Alex Kubacki Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:35 am

Carleen, sorry for the tough day but you kept at it and finished.  You look back and see what was different if anything and then write it off and move on.  Congrats on getting it done.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2