365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HHFMM

+7
Admin
T Miller
mountandog
Michele "1L" Keane
Mark B
ounce
Jeff F
11 posters

Go down

HHFMM Empty HHFMM

Post  Jeff F Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:40 pm

I haven't done a race report for some time.  This weekend I ran the Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon in Nashville, my first, and hopefully not my last.  Some of you may know the race director, Trent.  He puts on a quality event on probably one of the toughest courses I will ever run.  Even though my training sucked and I was injured, I enjoyed almost every minute of the weekend (except for miles 15-20 when I was questioning my sanity).  Based upon my training and injury I set a goal and I beat it, so overall a great experience.

If you are lucky (or unlucky according to some people) enough to get into this event, I would highly encourage it.  The course is beautiful, the volunteers are great, and the beer at the finish line was cold.  Of course, the temp only made it up to the low 30's so everything was cold.
Jeff F
Jeff F
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

HHFMM Empty Re: HHFMM

Post  ounce Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:15 pm

Good job, Jeff.  Heal up and, then, you can claim a stellar course PR, next year!
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:32 pm

Good job on modifying your expectations to your injury, and exceeding them. You may have been questioning your sanity at some points, but that sounded pretty smart to me. Hope you heal soon!
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:24 pm

Congrats Jeff on running your first and picking a hard one too! I have run the Monkey and those hills are relentless!  Good thing that Trent is a good guy!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:39 pm

congrats
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  T Miller Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:47 am

Way to go Jeff but isn't this a little too close to Tecumseh for you to fare well there?
T Miller
T Miller
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:45 am

Trent sucks.  I hate him.  And running is stupid.

I was invited to officially bandit the race.  I drove to Nashville Saturday, arriving about 6:30p.  I stopped in at the official pre-race dinner to catch up with a couple of friends.  I then drive to the start of the course... got out of my car... walked around a bit... decided against running it... then got in my car and drove back home. It was friggin' cold.

1,183.3 miles roundtrip in under 24hrs, to not run the HHFMM.  It's a record.

Congrats on completing one of my all-time favorite races... and courses.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff F Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:42 am

Mr MattM wrote:Trent sucks.  I hate him.  And running is stupid.

I was invited to officially bandit the race.  I drove to Nashville Saturday, arriving about 6:30p.  I stopped in at the official pre-race dinner to catch up with a couple of friends.  I then drive to the start of the course... got out of my car... walked around a bit... decided against running it... then got in my car and drove back home.  It was friggin' cold.

1,183.3 miles roundtrip in under 24hrs, to not run the HHFMM.  It's a record.

Congrats on completing one of my all-time favorite races... and courses.
Your absence was noticed on Sunday...Trent and Dallas were wondering where you were at the Sunday post race party, after several people saw you on Saturday.
Jeff F
Jeff F
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff F Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:46 am

T Miller wrote:Way to go Jeff but isn't this a little too close to Tecumseh for you to fare well there?
The Tecumseh and Monkey courses are similar in elevation change but I think running on the roads at Monkey is harder on your legs, I was trashed by mile 15.
Jeff F
Jeff F
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  dot520 Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:42 pm

Great job on this one, Jeff!  I've heard of this one for the longest time but really know nothing of it except that I'm just much too much of a wimp to do it!  Congratulations!
dot520
dot520
Top 10 Poster Emeritus
Top 10 Poster Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:31 am

Only got "up" to the low 30s?  I'm such a wimp now living in the south!  That is a mouthful of a name for a marathon - sounds like fun and congrats.

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  RobA Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:23 pm

Congrats Jeff, and what a cool sounding name for a marathon.
RobA
RobA

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:03 pm

Congrats Jeff and nice to read a race report from you again. I will have to keep this race in mind for the the future.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum