365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heel Bursitis?

2 posters

Go down

Heel Bursitis? Empty Heel Bursitis?

Post  Ben Z Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:29 pm

Anyone have experience with heel bursitis? Went to the podiatrist today and he diagnosed that as the issue I am seeing in my right heel.

Looks like a simple routine of deep ice massage, potentially more structured insoles for my high arches and PT Ultrasound/massage will do the trick. 

Any treatments I a missing?

Appreciate any responses.

Thanks.
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Heel Bursitis? Empty Re: Heel Bursitis?

Post  JohnP Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:55 am

I have not had this. I am wondering how you do deep ice massage though, ice doesn't seem like something that goes deep. Also, they do sell home ultrasound machines so you could do this every day. I'm sure they are not as powerful/good as going to a PT but I've used them and feel they do offer some help .
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down