365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two awesome things said to me today!

+9
Dave-O
Schuey
Natalie
Michele "1L" Keane
Julie
Nick Morris
KathyK
Liz R
dot520
13 posters

Go down

Two awesome things said to me today! Empty Two awesome things said to me today!

Post  dot520 Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:50 pm

First off, I'll be following up in the Body shop regarding my visit to the sports doc about the burning spot on my heel...but before we get to that here's what happened to me in the office:

1. I get my weight and height measured every time I go to this doctor. He is both sports med and my primary. Guess what? I grew 1/4" in height. No joke! I've been 5'6" for the past 8 years I've gone there and been measured on the same machine. Today, barefoot, up 1/4". All that stretching and pilates might be paying off. LOL Please don't tell me it isn't so. Most folks my age start shrinking and here I am still growing! LOL

2. I need some PT for my foot, so I went next door to schedule. I hand my paperwork to the gal and she says right off the bat, "You must be a runner." I asked her why she thought that and she said, "because you look so fit and it's mostly runners that come in here that look fit." Okay, I'm thrilled that I look fit. At the same time, I'm scheduling PT so she probably sees a lot of runners. LOL I'm taking it as a compliment, any way that I can get it.

D
dot520
dot520
Top 10 Poster Emeritus
Top 10 Poster Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Two awesome things said to me today! Empty Re: Two awesome things said to me today!

Post  Liz R Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:00 pm

That makes going to the doctor feel a little better!

Liz R
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Two awesome things said to me today! Empty Re: Two awesome things said to me today!

Post  KathyK Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:01 pm

Cool on both counts!
KathyK
KathyK
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:08 pm

dot520 wrote:First off, I'll be following up in the Body shop regarding my visit to the sports doc about the burning spot on my heel...but before we get to that here's what happened to me in the office:

1. I get my weight and height measured every time I go to this doctor. He is both sports med and my primary. Guess what? I grew 1/4" in height. No joke! I've been 5'6" for the past 8 years I've gone there and been measured on the same machine. Today, barefoot, up 1/4". All that stretching and pilates might be paying off. LOL Please don't tell me it isn't so. Most folks my age start shrinking and here I am still growing! LOL

2. I need some PT for my foot, so I went next door to schedule. I hand my paperwork to the gal and she says right off the bat, "You must be a runner." I asked her why she thought that and she said, "because you look so fit and it's mostly runners that come in here that look fit." Okay, I'm thrilled that I look fit. At the same time, I'm scheduling PT so she probably sees a lot of runners. LOL I'm taking it as a compliment, any way that I can get it.

D

Not a bad day Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:22 pm

Awesome on both accounts! Congrats, you're putting work into staying healthy and fit.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:24 pm

Love it!!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:24 pm

That's great! I've grown a 1/4 inch too!
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:26 pm

Well that makes for a good day Dot!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:10 pm

Tall and fit!
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:16 pm

Those are the sorts of things you want to hear at the doctor's office. Woot! cheers
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula Sue Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:51 am

Good day at the office, Dot Very Happy I think you're right on about the pilates increasing your height. Yoga really got me back to my original height when I was regular with it.
Paula Sue
Paula Sue
Poster
Poster

http://oceanbreeze-lake-erie.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:12 pm

Good job, Dot. My guess is the additional running you've been doing is strengthening yuor bones and making you taller.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:31 pm

dot520 wrote:First off, I'll be following up in the Body shop regarding my visit to the sports doc about the burning spot on my heel...but before we get to that here's what happened to me in the office:

D

A great double ego boost!
Everyone needs that every now and then. Glad it came your way. Well deserved!
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down