365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre & Post Western State Interviews

+2
Kenny B.
Schuey
6 posters

Go down

Pre & Post Western State Interviews Empty Pre & Post Western State Interviews

Post  Schuey Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:10 pm

Ok for the few of us who have an interest in Ultra running I found this site that has pre & post Western State 100 interviews.

Tim I think you will like the interviews with Clark.

Neil I'm sure you will find the interviews with Kilian enjoyable.

http://www.irunfar.com/
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Pre & Post Western State Interviews Empty Re: Pre & Post Western State Interviews

Post  Kenny B. Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:54 pm

Schuey wrote:Ok for the few of us who have an interest in Ultra running I found this site that has pre & post Western State 100 interviews.

Great site been there studied it now I just got to train for it.

You might like the book relentless forward progress how to train for ultra etc loving it.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Pre & Post Western State Interviews Empty Re: Pre & Post Western State Interviews

Post  Schuey Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:02 pm

Kenny B. wrote:
Schuey wrote:Ok for the few of us who have an interest in Ultra running I found this site that has pre & post Western State 100 interviews.

Great site been there studied it now I just got to train for it.

You might like the book relentless forward progress how to train for ultra etc loving it.

Yep I hear you on your above comment. I have been the same way for the past few years and decided this is the time to give it a try. I have to admit I'm glad I have taken my time with making this decision.

Thanks for the tip on the book I will have to go pick that up.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:08 pm

Nice link, Schuey. I've only watched Kilian's post-interview (seems fresh as a daisy for running 100 miles the day before), and he reminds me a lot of Alberto Contador... but that could just be the accent and the fact that he's totally bullshitting about how much he trains. Or at least wording it in a way that makes it seem like he doesn't do a thing to prepare. Either way, I thoroughly enjoyed it and will watch the others later Smile
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:21 pm

Yeah I have to get to Kilian's post report. I have been busy looking at this years photos, just amazing!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:44 pm

irunfar is a good source for ultras.

Nick sounded pretty upbeat with his race. I didn't realize they got about 15 minutes off course.
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:56 am

Tim M wrote:irunfar is a good source for ultras.

Nick sounded pretty upbeat with his race. I didn't realize they got about 15 minutes off course.

Yeah they all seem upbeat during the interviews and if I didn't know they just ran a 100 miles I wouldn't have a clue. The other thing that is pretty amazing is that most of these guys will be running Hardrock in 2 weeks.

Another amazing thing is that it was the third year in a row that the women's winner was a debut at WS and not only this year it Ellie's first ever 100 mile race. That is amazing that you in such a big race like this and first 100 mile race and win it.

Don't get me wrong i love the marathon and other distances but there just seems to be something more pure about this. Not only that the athletes doing these, at least from the interviews I seen seem different and really down to earth.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:57 pm

Thanks for the tip on the irunfar.com site, guys. It's quite good. (Another good site is ultraRUNNING Online)

I have "Relentless Forward Progress" on order, too. I may not be targeting something as ambitious as Schuey (yet), but you just might hear my footsteps stalking you someday. bounce
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:41 pm

Mark B wrote:Thanks for the tip on the irunfar.com site, guys. It's quite good. (Another good site is ultraRUNNING Online)

I have "Relentless Forward Progress" on order, too. I may not be targeting something as ambitious as Schuey (yet), but you just might hear my footsteps stalking you someday. bounce

No problem on the site lots of good info. There's a a lot of good stuff at ultrarunning.com also.

That's all you need is "Relentless Forward Progress" and I hope to hear your footsteps stalking me someday! affraid
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:53 am

Just found the photos section. Those finishing photos... If there was any doubt in my mind that I'm doing this race, it's been erased.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt W Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:47 am

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I came across this video about Geoff Roes that you ultra followers might be interested in.

Click
Matt W
Matt W
Poster
Poster

http://www.redrockrunningcompany.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down