365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juicing

+3
Schuey
Admin
Reina
7 posters

Go down

Juicing Empty Juicing

Post  Reina Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:40 pm

Or perhaps it should say vegetabling? I'm looking for suggestions on how to incorporate juicing of vegetables in to my diet. Does anyone "vegetable" regularly? Any good sites for recipes? Favorite tools? (I'm probably not going to go out and buy a zillion dollar vitamix, but I have a very nice Magic Bullet already Very Happy ). I'm just not sure how to go about adding it in.

Thanks in advance for all suggestions and advice!

-Reina
Reina
Reina
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Juicing Empty Re: Juicing

Post  Admin Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:51 pm

I buy a juice from R.W. Knudsen named 'very veggie'. It's 100% organic vegetable juice. It's a little like a V8, but with some vegetable pulp... and much more hearty and healthy. It has tomato, carrot, celery, beets, parsley, lettuce, watercress, spinach, green bell pepper, grain vinegar, and lemon juice.

I sometimes use a juicer, but it's a bit of a hassle.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:22 am

Lisa and I do a lot of juicing. We use the Jack LaLanne juicer and the book that came with it has some great recipies that we use. We started jucing about 2 to 3 times a day. We find it really easy to do, the only thing that we have found is that you will want to drink your fresh juice within 20 mintues. Also when we get back home from being out of town, I will scan in a couple of pages from his book we have at home. There is a couple of good pages that tell you what fruits and veggies are the best to juice and what is not.

Also another great thing that we do with are juicing is we have recipes for using the pulp to make salas and all other kinds of great things.

http://juicerrecipesnow.com/jack-lalanne-power-juicer-recipes/

http://www.powerjuicer.com/power-juicer-recipe.php

Not sure how great the above sites are but can be a good place to start. Like I said when we get home we can get more info over to you.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Reina Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:59 pm

Schuey ... thanks for the links ... and if you do have a few good pages to scan and send, that would be awesome! I just don't even really know where to start.

Thanks!

--Reina

Schuey wrote:Lisa and I do a lot of juicing. We use the Jack LaLanne juicer and the book that came with it has some great recipies that we use. We started jucing about 2 to 3 times a day. We find it really easy to do, the only thing that we have found is that you will want to drink your fresh juice within 20 mintues. Also when we get back home from being out of town, I will scan in a couple of pages from his book we have at home. There is a couple of good pages that tell you what fruits and veggies are the best to juice and what is not.

Also another great thing that we do with are juicing is we have recipes for using the pulp to make salas and all other kinds of great things.

http://juicerrecipesnow.com/jack-lalanne-power-juicer-recipes/

http://www.powerjuicer.com/power-juicer-recipe.php

Not sure how great the above sites are but can be a good place to start. Like I said when we get home we can get more info over to you.
Reina
Reina
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  jon c Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:18 pm

Mr MattM wrote:I buy a juice from R.W. Knudsen named 'very veggie'. It's 100% organic vegetable juice. It's a little like a V8, but with some vegetable pulp... and much more hearty and healthy. It has tomato, carrot, celery, beets, parsley, lettuce, watercress, spinach, green bell pepper, grain vinegar, and lemon juice.

I sometimes use a juicer, but it's a bit of a hassle.

Knudsen has some great healthy products available.

I am not much of a cook myself but since I have discovered recently that google knows everything, it is slowly becoming less intimidating to do some of these types of things. Yes even something as simple as this.

On another note, I like a juicing thread that has nothing to do with anabolic steroids or PEDs. Laughing
jon c
jon c
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  charles Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:25 pm

I recently bought a blender to make smoothies. It works GREAT! I use frozen fruit, almond milk, honey, ground flax seed and granola. Great recovery drinks. My wife says they are too sugary though.

I have also come across people that make vegetable smoothies. Here is a site with a couple of recipes. http://www.smoothieweb.com/category/vegetable-smoothies/

A blender may prove easier to clean than a juicer - I don't know. But I love my smoothies. Very fast and easy.
charles
charles
Poster
Poster

http://www.memphis-defense.com

Back to top Go down

Juicing Empty why juice?

Post  grennifer Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:40 pm

I would recommend not juicing and simply eating the veggies. When you juice you lose a lot of the fiber that is the most important part. Drink water and eat your fruit and veggies whole.

Greg
grennifer
grennifer

http://perseverancerunner.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Reina Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:19 pm

Greg - good question! Mostly I do eat the whole veggies - but in order to get in more veggies, but not always having time to prepare or eat sitting down, juicing is a good alternative for getting in more!

--Reina

grennifer wrote:I would recommend not juicing and simply eating the veggies. When you juice you lose a lot of the fiber that is the most important part. Drink water and eat your fruit and veggies whole.

Greg
Reina
Reina
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:51 pm

Am I the only one who thought this thread was about heavy drinkers?
Very Happy
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down