365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trails for Two

5 posters

Page 15 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Go down

Trails for Two - Page 15 Empty Re: Trails for Two

Post  ounce Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:34 pm

Tracking Number: 9505512849190086402057

Expected Delivery by

Saturday 28 March 2020 by
8:00pm

Yup, there's a lot of comfort in the phrase "doing well."

I saw on NBC where people that needed to be on a ventilator are going to have bad pulmonary experiences in the future because the virus does a number on the lungs that's permanent.

The people that have recovered are being asked to see if they'll give plasma because recovered virus patients have the anti-bodies in the plasma, which they're seeing if that shortens the virus in others.

Keep at it, Buckwheat!
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:21 pm

Ding-dong!! Ding-DONG!!

The doorbell was demanding. Insistent, even.

I hurried downstairs, wondering what could be so important. So urgent.

It was ... THIS!

Trails for Two - Page 15 Img_6210

Ooo! (And wow, Ounce, you spared no expense shipping this. I owe you one.)

I brought up upstairs, clawed open the package like a bear rips into an occupied sleeping bag, to find... THIS!

Trails for Two - Page 15 Img_6211

Not one, but TWO containers of Doug's Famous Fudge! TWO!

And a very nice note giving Alita the option to withhold it from the rest of us. Neutral

But I have a gracious wife. We both sampled it. It was delicious. We're trying to come up with things to have it with.

Ice cream? Peanut butter? Coffee? Red wine? Hm... So many options!

Thank you so much for your kindness and generosity, Doug. It's definitely the highlight of our day.

Very Happy sunny Approval

(So, is lime sherbet good? Based on the containers, you seem to like it.)

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:07 pm

Glad you got it. It was the price you saw for 2-3 days delivery or $3 less for a 7 days.

I can tell you that if you warm it up some, like in a car on a warm day or on a stove (but not on one of the burners) it'll get soft. Not liquified, just soft. I've always just eaten them solo. The lightening on the edges is nothing to be concerned about, but you may want to verify for yourself. Wink

It takes a day for it to get hard or get dried. That earlier photo was the final step of hardening.

The lime sherbet is good, but I love the containers. They're versatile. So re-purpose them for something.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:08 pm

What a wonderful distraction during a difficult time.  

Doug's not a bad guy!
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:11 pm

nkrichards wrote:What a wonderful distraction during a difficult time.  

Doug's not a bad guy!
I'll be sure to send you my friendship payment, this month, Nancy. Wink
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:27 pm

ounce wrote:

Doug's not a bad guy!
Your input/encouragement here is payment enough Doug.   Very Happy
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:52 pm

ounce wrote:Glad you got it.  It was the price you saw for 2-3 days delivery or $3 less for a 7 days.

I can tell you that if you warm it up some, like in a car on a warm day or on a stove (but not on one of the burners) it'll get soft.  Not liquified, just soft.  I've always just eaten them solo.  The lightening on the edges is nothing to be concerned about, but you may want to verify for yourself. Wink

It takes a day for it to get hard or get dried.  That earlier photo was the final step of hardening.

The lime sherbet is good, but I love the containers.  They're versatile.  So re-purpose them for something.

Doug's not a bad guy!

ounce wrote:

Doug's not a bad guy!

nkrichards wrote:
ounce wrote:

Doug's not a bad guy!
Your input/encouragement here is payment enough Doug.   Very Happy

Awww...

The fudge is good, not too hard. It paired well with vanilla ice cream and bubbles. (Not at the same time, but why not?) We haven't tried it with coffee yet, but how could it *not* be delicious? Thanks again, Doug!

We are going stir crazy. We've ordered some books but most haven't arrived yet. I'm doing years overdue purging of old backup files (only 4,477,892 more files to empty from the trash), and I'm trying to grow a beard. (Poorly, and OMG, it itches so much!)

The highlight of our days lately has been ordering food out from local restaurants. It helps support them - they're hurting - and that feels nice. It also adds a bit of variety to the day. At least our place has lots of windows so we can watch the clouds go by. Oh, hm. There goes fire department ladder truck. No lights or siren. Wonder what they're up to?

Anyway. Happy Sunday, people!

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:30 pm

Risk, Chutes and Ladders, Life, Parchesi. Purchase a model car, airplane, or ship to build.

A beard, eh? How cute. I haven't grown a beard (other than laziness) in 40 years.

Would you label the fudge as 'rich?'

I think on my blog, I had yet another story idea for someone to do. Don't you just love it?!

Now, get back to that fire engine
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:50 pm

Mark BAwww... wrote:
The fudge is good, not too hard. It paired well with vanilla ice cream and bubbles. (Not at the same time, but why not?) We haven't tried it with coffee yet, but how could it *not* be delicious? Thanks again, Doug!

We are going stir crazy. We've ordered some books but most haven't arrived yet. I'm doing years overdue purging of old backup files (only 4,477,892 more files to empty from the trash), and I'm trying to grow a beard. (Poorly, and OMG, it itches so much!)

The highlight of our days lately has been ordering food out from local restaurants. It helps support them - they're hurting - and that feels nice. It also adds a bit of variety to the day. At least our place has lots of windows so we can watch the clouds go by. Oh, hm. There goes fire department ladder truck. No lights or siren. Wonder what they're up to?

Anyway. Happy Sunday, people!
Marty always grows a beard while he's gone elk hunting for 10 days.  He sometimes keeps if for a few more days but it does get itchy...and I don't like it!  Wink

We've also been trying to support local business when we can.  I don't understand people that are driving to Bend...where there are several confirmed cases...to shop at Costco.  I'll stick to our local shops both to support them and because I think I'm safer in Jefferson County where we still don't have any confirmed cases.

I know lots of people who are going through old photos.  It's kind of fun to see what they post on facebook.   Very Happy  Natalie is trying to come up with fun activities for the kids to do that are also educational.  Last week they created a short video explaining carrot planting.  Owen, age 7, explained that we like the female carrots as they make the babies.   Laughing  Royce, age 5, mentioned that we grow seed for people to grow carrots in their gardens and eat them with humus.

We had to drive over the mountain to get some building supplies from my brother.  There was very little traffic on the road.  It's usually packed on Sundays...both ski traffic and tourists returning to Portland after a weekend in Central Oregon.  I sat on the porch and visited with Mom while Marty and my brother loaded the building supplies.  Mom said she didn't mind if I came inside but I explained that I'd had to much contact with people this week so felt more comfortable staying outside at a distance.

Any progress on getting Alec's books or are you going to have to drive up and get them?

Stay well and keep at those files...
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:34 pm

The fudge was (emphasis on past tense) delicious. Thanks, Ounce! It was particularly yummy with a cup of coffee - there was almost a fruity undertone to it in that combination - and it went well with wine, ice cream and ... a second piece of fudge! Yum.

No news on the books and notes. At least they're going to let him roll over the amount we paid for the dorm and his food service until the next school year. We could have gotten a refund, but we figured we might as well help defray costs for next year. They also are going to allow students to go pass-fail -- and decide after they get their grades for the term -- to help preserve GPAs with this huge disruption.

So yes, Alec has moved from houseguest to resident until August, though they still haven't canceled the Peru thing in July yet.

The beard IS itchy! But I'm not ready to shave it off yet. Alita doesn't like beards generally but says it's kinda cute-looking, for now, at least.

Speaking of Alita, this is her last day of self-quarantine. She can go out (well, as much as we an under the stay at home orders) without a mask and maybe even do some work next week once they get classes started up again. Though exactly how that's going to work is uncertain. Regardless, after being sick for a month and isolated for a lot of that, she's itching to do something.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:17 pm

Mark B wrote:The fudge was (emphasis on past tense) delicious. Thanks, Ounce! It was particularly yummy with a cup of coffee - there was almost a fruity undertone to it in that combination - and it went well with wine, ice cream and ... a second piece of fudge! Yum.

No news on the books and notes. At least they're going to let him roll over the amount we paid for the dorm and his food service until the next school year. We could have gotten a refund, but we figured we might as well help defray costs for next year. They also are going to allow students to go pass-fail -- and decide after they get their grades for the term -- to help preserve GPAs with this huge disruption.

So yes, Alec has moved from houseguest to resident until August, though they still haven't canceled the Peru thing in July yet.

The beard IS itchy! But I'm not ready to shave it off yet. Alita doesn't like beards generally but says it's kinda cute-looking, for now, at least.

Speaking of Alita, this is her last day of self-quarantine. She can go out (well, as much as we an under the stay at home orders) without a mask and maybe even do some work next week once they get classes started up again. Though exactly how that's going to work is uncertain. Regardless, after being sick for a month and isolated for a lot of that, she's itching to do something.

Welcome on the fudge.  I haven't tried it with anything, except 3 or 4 more pieces.
Does it qualify as 'rich'?  I just know that it's good.  I can pass along the recipe, if you want MORE, MORE, MORE!!!

Are the cats still clinging to Alec or is he old news, now?

Gratz on Alita's release.  As far as your beard, cute?  I've never heard cute as an adjective for beard.  The fun comes when you shave it off.  Shave the right half of the moustache and the left side beard.  Get creative.  Take photos.  SHAVE IT OFF!  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:33 pm

ounce wrote:
Mark B wrote:The fudge was (emphasis on past tense) delicious. Thanks, Ounce! It was particularly yummy with a cup of coffee - there was almost a fruity undertone to it in that combination - and it went well with wine, ice cream and ... a second piece of fudge! Yum.

Welcome on the fudge.  I haven't tried it with anything, except 3 or 4 more pieces.
Does it qualify as 'rich'?  I just know that it's good.  I can pass along the recipe, if you want MORE, MORE, MORE!!!

Are the cats still clinging to Alec or is he old news, now?

Gratz on Alita's release.  As far as your beard, cute?  I've never heard cute as an adjective for beard.  The fun comes when you shave it off.  Shave the right half of the moustache and the left side beard.  Get creative.  Take photos.  SHAVE IT OFF!  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I would not call the fudge "rich" - it was very good, though. 

Alec's old news. The cats are confused to have us around all the time, though.

This is Alita's first day of freedom. We plan to take a walk later. Looking forward to it. 

She's giving me permission to keep the beard going for now. It's kind of a fun way to mark our house arrest.

Shaving will come later.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:58 pm

Hope you enjoyed your walk today...I assume you accompanied Alita on her first day of freedom walk.

A bit of interesting information.  I mentioned that I had a Zoom board meeting for a non-profit earlier this week.  The non-profit is Coalition For the Deschutes...CFD.  It's a collaborative group hoping to improve the condition of the Deschutes River while maintaining our ability to irrigate.  Lot's of educational programs to help farmers, fisherman, and all interested parties better understand the river.  The founder, Gail Snyder, has mentioned a need to cut back on the time she's investing in the organization and wants to develop a strategy to grow the organization to the point where it can continue to function without her.  The interesting part is that years ago she founded Friends of Forest Park which transitioned into Forest Park Conservancy when she moved from Portland to Bend.  If I remember right you've done a fair bit of running in Forest Park.

Take care...
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:06 pm

SHAVE!  SHAVE!  SHAVE!  SHAVE!  SHAVE!  SHAVE!  SHAVE!

By the way, I think you would acquire a TON more subscribers to the paper, if you double-spaced at the end of the sentence.  It would be such a mind-blowing change to how newspapers are printed, that it would catch on like wildfire and the website would CRASH with new subscribers.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:56 pm

nkrichards wrote:Hope you enjoyed your walk today...I assume you accompanied Alita on her first day of freedom walk.

A bit of interesting information.  I mentioned that I had a Zoom board meeting for a non-profit earlier this week.  The non-profit is Coalition For the Deschutes...CFD.  It's a collaborative group hoping to improve the condition of the Deschutes River while maintaining our ability to irrigate.  Lot's of educational programs to help farmers, fisherman, and all interested parties better understand the river.  The founder, Gail Snyder, has mentioned a need to cut back on the time she's investing in the organization and wants to develop a strategy to grow the organization to the point where it can continue to function without her.  The interesting part is that years ago she founded Friends of Forest Park which transitioned into Forest Park Conservancy when she moved from Portland to Bend.  If I remember right you've done a fair bit of running in Forest Park.

Take care...

It was not a good day for a walk, but we managed to sneak a very short one in right at sunset during her first trip to a grocery store in a month. I bet the differences for her were striking. And the sunset was gorgeous.

ounce wrote:SHAVE!  SHAVE!  SHAVE!  SHAVE!  SHAVE!  SHAVE!  SHAVE!

By the way, I think you would acquire a TON more subscribers to the paper, if you double-spaced at the end of the sentence.  It would be such a mind-blowing change to how newspapers are printed, that it would catch on like wildfire and the website would CRASH with new subscribers.

You seem to always want me to cut something off. Remember the broken toe incident? Suspect

Double-spacing is an interesting promotional gimmick. I'll get back to you on that. Real.  Soon.       Now.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:28 pm

Besides, Doug, this is the first time Alita has given me permission to go for it. 

Gives us incarcerated types something to focus on other than ... well, everything else.

Besides, as somebody who always shaved, I always wondered how it'd come in. 

It's not much of a beard at 16 days, to be honest, but it's kinda fun to try.

Trails for Two - Page 15 Img_6212

I don't think I'm going to manage to achieve the full lumberjack look. lol!

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:58 pm

Well, let it grow in, however, most beards I see on 40-somethings look 2 weeks old on a regular basis.

See what happens, then, SHAVE.   SHAVE.  SHAVE.  SHAVE.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:56 pm

Mark B wrote:Besides, Doug, this is the first time Alita has given me permission to go for it. 

Gives us incarcerated types something to focus on other than ... well, everything else.

Besides, as somebody who always shaved, I always wondered how it'd come in. 

It's not much of a beard at 16 days, to be honest, but it's kinda fun to try.

Trails for Two - Page 15 Img_6212

I don't think I'm going to manage to achieve the full lumberjack look. lol!
Thankfully Marty is still shaving.  He hates it when his hair gets long.  Kevin has a set of clippers.  He cuts the boys hair...and often his own.  He won't cut Marty's so Marty suggested that I cut it.   What a Face   I can give him a crew cut but I'm not sure I have the skills to give him the cut he normally gets.  I foresee problems with this plan. No

Glad you and Alita were able to get out for a walk.  Mom had hail and snow (Sandy).  Did you get anything that was in the frozen form or just lots of rain.

Stay well.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:07 pm

Hi, just checking in to let you know I'm not dead, that my newspaper is still operating with a remote workforce, and that I've been putting in long hours, disappointed that my walking commute has fallen to about six feet. Suspect We've done a few walks, but our best walking spot is choked with people not following social distancing guidelines, and we have to keep fighting the urge to push 'em in the river. Less fun. 

School is all remote for the rest of the school year, but Alita is able to walk to the school to do some work on occasion. Alec is still here with about a month left of college before his term ends. His textbooks and notes and still in his dorm room. We will get to them... eventually. But at this rate, not until the term is over. Sigh.

The beard, on the other hand, is progressing nicely.

Trails for Two - Page 15 Img_6310

Though I've got a ways to go to catch up this this guy... 

Trails for Two - Page 15 Barefo10

Laughing

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:57 pm

Mark B wrote:Hi, just checking in to let you know I'm not dead, that my newspaper is still operating with a remote workforce, and that I've been putting in long hours, disappointed that my walking commute has fallen to about six feet. Suspect We've done a few walks, but our best walking spot is choked with people not following social distancing guidelines, and we have to keep fighting the urge to push 'em in the river. Less fun. 

School is all remote for the rest of the school year, but Alita is able to walk to the school to do some work on occasion. Alec is still here with about a month left of college before his term ends. His textbooks and notes and still in his dorm room. We will get to them... eventually. But at this rate, not until the term is over. Sigh.

Laughing
Good to hear that you're doing as well as can be expected...and that you found a role model to look up to and that can provide inspiration to help you achieve your goals...as crazy as they are.   Razz

Still no contact with the grandkids but with the nicer weather we have run into them outside and been able to talk from a distance.  Still waiting for hugs.  Rumor has it that Ian is starting to crawl and get into the boy's lego creations and Ayda has a couple teeth.  They grow so fast at this age!

How is Alec finishing up his classes without his books and notes?  Are they allowing him to finish later?  Hope you're able to get them for him sooner rather than later.

Unfortunately I feel it's the beginning of the end.. Crying or Very sad  The Bend Bulletin has stopped delivering the paper on Mondays.  It comes electronically.  They are  still delivering a real paper the rest of the week but I'm guessing that they will gradually shift more and more to electronic delivery.  I do not like reading the paper on my computer!  I like to hold papers and books!!!  I feel like I'm dating myself slightly...

Take care and thanks for dropping in.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:24 pm

nkrichards wrote:
Mark B wrote:Hi, just checking in to let you know I'm not dead, that my newspaper is still operating with a remote workforce, and that I've been putting in long hours, disappointed that my walking commute has fallen to about six feet. Suspect We've done a few walks, but our best walking spot is choked with people not following social distancing guidelines, and we have to keep fighting the urge to push 'em in the river. Less fun. 

Laughing
Good to hear that you're doing as well as can be expected...and that you found a role model to look up to and that can provide inspiration to help you achieve your goals...as crazy as they are.   Razz

Still no contact with the grandkids but with the nicer weather we have run into them outside and been able to talk from a distance.  Still waiting for hugs.  Rumor has it that Ian is starting to crawl and get into the boy's lego creations and Ayda has a couple teeth.  They grow so fast at this age!

How is Alec finishing up his classes without his books and notes?  Are they allowing him to finish later?  Hope you're able to get them for him sooner rather than later.

Unfortunately I feel it's the beginning of the end.. Crying or Very sad  The Bend Bulletin has stopped delivering the paper on Mondays.  It comes electronically.  They are  still delivering a real paper the rest of the week but I'm guessing that they will gradually shift more and more to electronic delivery.  I do not like reading the paper on my computer!  I like to hold papers and books!!!  I feel like I'm dating myself slightly...

Take care and thanks for dropping in.

Ooo! Ooo! I've got good news to report!

I had talked with the residential education adviser at Alec's dorm a while back asking if they could ship his books and notes back to us, and he came back after a while with a convoluted but theoretically possible series of steps needed. I stalled for a while thinking I couldn't make it happen, but yesterday, I decided to go for it. I had to create a FedEx account and reach out to the nearest FedEx retail location - which was in Idaho - to see if they could somehow maybe send a box over to the dorm. The manager there took pity on us (he said he didn't have much else do do anyway), and said he could run a box over to WSU (Pullman is right on the Washington-Idaho border), let them load it up, take it back to his office and finish the boxing and then ship it. I contacted the dorm to see if it could happen, and they got back to me this morning and said yes. They went into the room this afternoon, called me to make sure they got what we needed, and the FedEx guy called me later to say he had it all in hand and that it'd ship out within the hour! It should arrive tomorrow or the next day. 

Woot! cheerscheerscheers

Now, if we can get Alec to actually crack one of those books once they get here... Suspect

---

We've had to make some changes to the size of our paper, but we haven't had to cut a publication date yet. (We publish Tuesday through Sunday now.) Some of staff are in a special work sharing program that allows us to cut their hours up to 50% without them actually losing money (they get to claim unemployment for the balance), benefits, retirement, etc. It's an amazing program and as close to a win-win situation as I've ever seen. We're hoping that helps.

Thank you for subscribing to print. We have a good number of people like you. Electronic is okay, but it's not the same as spreading out the paper on the kitchen table as you drink a cup of coffee in the morning. You can't browse as easily, and you don't get the opportunity to be surprised by something that we put in there for you that you might not have seen otherwise. It's all part of our service to readers.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:09 am

Mark B wrote:Ooo! Ooo! I've got good news to report!

I had talked with the residential education adviser at Alec's dorm a while back asking if they could ship his books and notes back to us, and he came back after a while with a convoluted but theoretically possible series of steps needed. I stalled for a while thinking I couldn't make it happen, but yesterday, I decided to go for it. I had to create a FedEx account and reach out to the nearest FedEx retail location - which was in Idaho - to see if they could somehow maybe send a box over to the dorm. The manager there took pity on us (he said he didn't have much else do do anyway), and said he could run a box over to WSU (Pullman is right on the Washington-Idaho border), let them load it up, take it back to his office and finish the boxing and then ship it. I contacted the dorm to see if it could happen, and they got back to me this morning and said yes. They went into the room this afternoon, called me to make sure they got what we needed, and the FedEx guy called me later to say he had it all in hand and that it'd ship out within the hour! It should arrive tomorrow or the next day. 

Woot! cheerscheerscheers

Now, if we can get Alec to actually crack one of those books once they get here... Suspect
That's good news...well for you anyway.  One less thing to worry about.  Maybe not such good news for Alec.  There goes his excuse!

Any news on his Peru program.  Canceled or wait and see?  Would be a shame to miss out on such a great opportunity.  I haven't heard much about Covid in South America.  It may be there and just not on the radar here in the states.  And of course you have to fly on a plane to get there...

Take care.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:55 pm

nkrichards wrote:
Mark B wrote:Ooo! Ooo! I've got good news to report!

Woot! cheerscheerscheers

That's good news...well for you anyway.  One less thing to worry about.  Maybe not such good news for Alec.  There goes his excuse!

Any news on his Peru program.  Canceled or wait and see?  Would be a shame to miss out on such a great opportunity.  I haven't heard much about Covid in South America.  It may be there and just not on the radar here in the states.  And of course you have to fly on a plane to get there...

Take care.

The books arrived this morning - that was an amazingly short turnaround time. I left a glowing review for the place on their corporate website.

Couldn't help but notice that the books look like they've never been touched in all the months before they were left there... Suspect

No news on Peru. I think they're waiting and hoping, but I'm not confident it's going to happen. Would Peru really want to let in a bunch of Americans this summer? They have 11,475 cases at last count and 254 deaths. Their tests per capita are lower than ours. So... not confident.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:09 am

They absolutely, positively did a wonderful job.  Books?  New??  Oh, he's just trying to get a higher resale value. Razz 

I wouldn't do Peru for love, money, nor education.  The specimens will be there, next year.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:52 pm

Mark B wrote:
No news on Peru. I think they're waiting and hoping, but I'm not confident it's going to happen. Would Peru really want to let in a bunch of Americans this summer? They have 11,475 cases at last count and 254 deaths. Their tests per capita are lower than ours. So... not confident.
I'd be surprised if they were able to complete the program as scheduled this year.  Hopefully he'll be able to do it next year.
ounce wrote:

I wouldn't do Peru for love, money, nor education.  The specimens will be there, next year.
I hate to admit that I'll be ready to travel when they lift the restrictions.  I'm sure that part of the reason is that other than not seeing the grandkids or visiting my Mom we haven't really been affected much.  No cases in our community yet.  We're still working.  I will admit that I do get nervous when I go to the grocery store and I wash and use lots of hand sanitizer.  Oregon got off relatively easy and Central Oregon has been quite lucky.  I'm sure I'd feel differently if I lived in/near a hot spot or was personally affected.  I am taking the recommendations seriously as I realize the main reason is to protect the vulnerable.

It appears that they are going to start opening things up a bit soon but Oregon locked down early and will open up late as they've agreed to partner with WA & CA.  So I'm confident then when I'm allowed to travel I'll feel comfortable doing so.  I've got a trip to the coast with Katie and Mom planned for the first weekend of June.  That probably won't happen.  I've got a trip with Abby planned in mid-August.  It's her 12 year trip and we have reservations in Southern Oregon and Northern California.  I give it about a 50/50 chance.  I have a couple overseas trips planned for 2021.  Who knows?
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next