365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training with Flies

5 posters

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

2 - Training with Flies - Page 18 Empty Re: Training with Flies

Post  nkrichards Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:19 pm

ounce wrote:Wednesday saw the morning low of 22 or so.  All of the muscle things that keep me upright and without pain are at 100%, now.  Of course, the muscle damage is under renovation for the next few weeks.

Thursday morning, it was 44.  I went lifting.  Some routines were a little tougher and I dropped the weight amount on a couple of them.

Then, I got to the punching bag.  It was last.  I wanted to know the weight of the bag before I started, so I know how much I'm lifting.  I brought over a scale and lifted the bag up and placed it on the scale.  About 95 pounds.  Close enough for what I want to do.  I did 3 sets of 10 reps.  

I need to figure out how to add weight to the bag.  One idea was to get a weight belt that protects the back (wide for the low back area) but buckles in front like a regular belt.  I would get a kettle bell, run it through the belt, cinch the belt to the punching bag and go at it.  It would look funny, but maybe it'll work.

Another is using a weight belt where there is no buckle, rather a chain in front where you loop a weight plate (10 lb up to 45 lb).  Then I would TRY to lift the bag and slip the belt under the bag, then slide the belt with the additional weight up the bag.  All kinda new.

thanks.  have a good weekend.

2 - Training with Flies - Page 18 Weight10
Inovative!  Stay safe!
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:11 pm

Well, I'm sure there are other ways of doing it, but it's what I can adapt from what I see.  I probably should do some dead lifts to work on the legs.  Thanks, Nancy.

-30-

I did lift weights on Monday, including the lifting the punching bag.  Also did some backward walking.  It was day 1 of our 4 day rain event.

-30-

Tuesday, the rain paused for long enough for me to run 3 miles at Memorial Park.  It went pretty well.  I ran it in just under a 15 min pace with all 3 splits under 15, too.

-30-

This morning, the rain scuttled my lifting plan because it had been raining for a couple of hours and I didn't want to risk going.  I have other days to do that.

Tomorrow morning is supposed to be raining from about 2 a.m. - 7 a.m., so I will look at radar and see how it's going to be.  Houston itself hasn't received NEAR the training of rain as other spots in SE Texas, but it's been 4 or so inches since Monday.  Other spots got 6 inches in 6 hours with a cumulative of 12 inches with Thursday to go.

I'll be fine and/or dandy.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:17 pm

Nice run this morning.  I admire your dedication to improving cadence.  I think it will only have a positive effect on your running.

Hope lifting...and life in general...is going well.

Stay healthy and active.   Ride
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:55 pm

Thanks, Nancy.  I was surprised it went as well as it did.

-30-

I lifted weights on Saturday and again on Monday.  Sunday was the rest day.  Monday's lifting went better than expected.  Some routines have been stuck at the same weight for quite a while, but I think Sunday's rest helped for executing a couple more reps, than last week.  I found out on Saturday that I don't need to do 3 sets of 12 lifts of the punching bag because it really makes my right knee hurt later in the afternoon.  3 sets of 6 is a pain-free exercise.

-30-

This morning, it was 48 degrees for my 3 mile run at Memorial Park.  I thought to increase the cadence 1 step to 160, just to see if the legs would do it.  

I'd like to get the cadence up in this, our cool time of year until April (hopefully).  Last May through August, I found that holding cadence, even if I couldn't maintain pace was better than trying lower cadence to maintain distance (2022's experiment) because it took time in the Fall of 2022 to work my cadence back up to the 150s from the 140s AND get faster at the same time.  So for me, cadence rules my training which is governed by how the legs work.  Not HR.  Not breathing.  Cadence.  I did lower cadence last Summer, but not too much.

3.04 miles, 44:34, 14:37 pace, 125 avg bpm, 132 max bpm, 160 avg cadence
1.  14:35, 119 bpm, 158 spm
2.  14:25, 127 bpm, 160 spm
3.  14:54, 128 bpm, 160 spm

So comparing time splits, I am at the right cadence on the gnome (or maybe could go to 161) because the last split was slower than the other 2 splits.  That tells me the cadence was taxing some for the 3rd mile, but only on time.  I kept the cadence at a slower pace.

I haven't quite figured out how to train for the walking part of run/walk from now to September, but I imagine it'll come to me.  Certainly, I'll be able to train some walking when the morning temp is 78-81 degrees.  Rolling Eyes

Thanks for reading!
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:52 pm

ounce wrote:Thanks, Nancy.  I was surprised it went as well as it did.

-30-

I lifted weights on Saturday and again on Monday.  Sunday was the rest day.  Monday's lifting went better than expected.  Some routines have been stuck at the same weight for quite a while, but I think Sunday's rest helped for executing a couple more reps, than last week.  I found out on Saturday that I don't need to do 3 sets of 12 lifts of the punching bag because it really makes my right knee hurt later in the afternoon.  3 sets of 6 is a pain-free exercise.

-30-

This morning, it was 48 degrees for my 3 mile run at Memorial Park.  I thought to increase the cadence 1 step to 160, just to see if the legs would do it.  

I'd like to get the cadence up in this, our cool time of year until April (hopefully).  Last May through August, I found that holding cadence, even if I couldn't maintain pace was better than trying lower cadence to maintain distance (2022's experiment) because it took time in the Fall of 2022 to work my cadence back up to the 150s from the 140s AND get faster at the same time.  So for me, cadence rules my training which is governed by how the legs work.  Not HR.  Not breathing.  Cadence.  I did lower cadence last Summer, but not too much.

3.04 miles, 44:34, 14:37 pace, 125 avg bpm, 132 max bpm, 160 avg cadence
1.  14:35, 119 bpm, 158 spm
2.  14:25, 127 bpm, 160 spm
3.  14:54, 128 bpm, 160 spm

So comparing time splits, I am at the right cadence on the gnome (or maybe could go to 161) because the last split was slower than the other 2 splits.  That tells me the cadence was taxing some for the 3rd mile, but only on time.  I kept the cadence at a slower pace.

I haven't quite figured out how to train for the walking part of run/walk from now to September, but I imagine it'll come to me.  Certainly, I'll be able to train some walking when the morning temp is 78-81 degrees.  Rolling Eyes

Thanks for reading!
I continue to be impressed with your dedication to cadence...and the resulting improvement!

Good to hear the lifting is going well.  And that you're listening to your body and modifying the punching bag reps as needed.

Stay well...
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:41 pm

Nancy, I remember the gnome agitating you, but you were consistent on internally managing your cadence.  I just can't.  I need the 'stroke...stroke...stroke' cue.

Last week and this past Tuesday when I ran, I would get this whining in the upper 1/3rd of my right chest that started around 1/4 mile into the run and would subside at 1/2 mile point.  Then, sporadically in the next mile.  NOTHING in the 3rd mile.

In between last Thursday and this past Tuesday, I analyzed what I was doing before and at the start of the run, plus anything else that might be influencing the whining.  I came up with 2 things.  1 - I wasn't walking the 1/4 to /12 mile as a warmup to get my heart rate up, like I used to.  That meant that I was starting to run around 60 bpm, then started running, then the HR almost double in a quarter mile.  Which brought up #2 - Why did this happen at all?  I didn't have it at all, last year.  My conclusion was in the interval between the Half and last week, I wasn't doing any running to speak of.

So maybe, maybe the arteries around the heart had become smaller, since I wasn't as active, like last year.  And I need to practice getting my heart rate up before running, so the vessels can maybe expand.

With that hypothesis, Tuesday I walked about a 1/4 mile before running.  The result was a little better, but still there.  I was on the right track, but it was still whining.  Then on Thursday, I decided to run/walk 3 miles because my walking HR is in the 100s and running is around 126-135 bpm.  When I r/w, I walk the first half mile, so I can run the last half mile.  It resulted in a smaller whine in that first 1/2 mile run and pretty much no more whining for the rest of the 3 miles.

The overall result is to 1 - walk a half mile before a 3 mile run. 2 - do 3 mile r/w until the whining stops, then you can choose to do 3 mile runs OR a r/w.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:40 pm

ounce wrote:Nancy, I remember the gnome agitating you, but you were consistent on internally managing your cadence.  I just can't.  I need the 'stroke...stroke...stroke' cue.

Last week and this past Tuesday when I ran, I would get this whining in the upper 1/3rd of my right chest that started around 1/4 mile into the run and would subside at 1/2 mile point.  Then, sporadically in the next mile.  NOTHING in the 3rd mile.

In between last Thursday and this past Tuesday, I analyzed what I was doing before and at the start of the run, plus anything else that might be influencing the whining.  I came up with 2 things.  1 - I wasn't walking the 1/4 to /12 mile as a warmup to get my heart rate up, like I used to.  That meant that I was starting to run around 60 bpm, then started running, then the HR almost double in a quarter mile.  Which brought up #2 - Why did this happen at all?  I didn't have it at all, last year.  My conclusion was in the interval between the Half and last week, I wasn't doing any running to speak of.

So maybe, maybe the arteries around the heart had become smaller, since I wasn't as active, like last year.  And I need to practice getting my heart rate up before running, so the vessels can maybe expand.

With that hypothesis, Tuesday I walked about a 1/4 mile before running.  The result was a little better, but still there.  I was on the right track, but it was still whining.  Then on Thursday, I decided to run/walk 3 miles because my walking HR is in the 100s and running is around 126-135 bpm.  When I r/w, I walk the first half mile, so I can run the last half mile.  It resulted in a smaller whine in that first 1/2 mile run and pretty much no more whining for the rest of the 3 miles.

The overall result is to 1 - walk a half mile before a 3 mile run. 2 - do 3 mile r/w until the whining stops, then you can choose to do 3 mile runs OR a r/w.
Hope that your plan alleviates the whining...and that it's not something more serious.  Good to hear you're keeping an eye on it.

You're right the gnome did irritate me...and still does.  I haven't been paying much attention to cadence lately.  Well it would probably be more accurate to state that I haven't been intentional about keeping it high but I have been looking at it after runs.  Oddly enough the cadence graphs on my Friday and Saturday runs are telling.  My knee has been a bit funky the last few days.  It was quite painful at the start of my runs both Friday and Saturday.  And the cadence was significantly higher during those first miles when I was running cautiously.  Hmm.  

Stay healthy!
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:38 pm

nkrichards wrote:
ounce wrote:Nancy, I remember the gnome agitating you, but you were consistent on internally managing your cadence.  I just can't.  I need the 'stroke...stroke...stroke' cue.

Hope that your plan alleviates the whining...and that it's not something more serious.  Good to hear you're keeping an eye on it.

You're right the gnome did irritate me...and still does.  I haven't been paying much attention to cadence lately.  Well it would probably be more accurate to state that I haven't been intentional about keeping it high but I have been looking at it after runs.  Oddly enough the cadence graphs on my Friday and Saturday runs are telling.  My knee has been a bit funky the last few days.  It was quite painful at the start of my runs both Friday and Saturday.  And the cadence was significantly higher during those first miles when I was running cautiously.  Hmm.  

Stay healthy!

I've noticed that once my right knee gets into my regular running or walking stride, the knee stops hurting. But, extend my leg a little farther or make a sharp left or right turn during a walk and BAM! the knee bitches for a couple of strides.

-30-

I went to Memorial Park on Monday for a run/walk but it didn't work out so well. I've scheduled an appt with the cardiologist.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:48 pm

ounce wrote:

I went to Memorial Park on Monday for a run/walk but it didn't work out so well.  I've scheduled an appt with the cardiologist.
Hope the appointment went well.  

Take care.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:07 am

nkrichards wrote:
ounce wrote:

I went to Memorial Park on Monday for a run/walk but it didn't work out so well.  I've scheduled an appt with the cardiologist.

Take care.

Yup. Have a stress test in a couple of weeks. I can reproduce the problem on a treadmill, which probably isn't a good thing.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:55 am

ounce wrote:
nkrichards wrote:
ounce wrote:

Take care.

Yup.  Have a stress test in a couple of weeks.  I can reproduce the problem on a treadmill, which probably isn't a good thing.
Don't stress out waiting for the stress test appointment.  Leave the stress in your back pocket until the time of the test.  

Fast Freddy will be happy to jump in and help you out.   Running

Take care of yourself.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:06 pm

nkrichards wrote:
ounce wrote:
nkrichards wrote:
ounce wrote:

Take care.

Yup.  Have a stress test in a couple of weeks.  I can reproduce the problem on a treadmill, which probably isn't a good thing.
Don't stress out waiting for the stress test appointment.  Leave the stress in your back pocket until the time of the test.  

Take care of yourself.

What the stress test will find has already happened. I can't will it to not be there. I want it to get fixed, whatever it is. I imagine I'll agree to be on a statin. No telling what meds are added after a 2nd stent to keep a 3rd from happening. I would imagine if the artery involved is the left circumflex (LCX) again, that would be a good thing because it might imply the others are doing their job and the LCX is the weak spot in the organ.

I remember after the 2019 MI that I restarted running after 6 weeks, but was cleared to walk after 2 weeks, I think. That's when I was walking the ramps at the parking garage, then the stairs at the parking garage to show that I was a safe bet not to relapse.

I can take it easy for 12 days. I'll lift as long as it doesn't whine. I was sort of surprised that it didn't whine on Tuesday.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:12 pm

ounce wrote:
nkrichards wrote:
ounce wrote:
nkrichards wrote:
ounce wrote:

Take care.

Take care of yourself.

What the stress test will find has already happened.  I can't will it to not be there.  I want it to get fixed, whatever it is.  I imagine I'll agree to be on a statin.  No telling what meds are added after a 2nd stent to keep a 3rd from happening.  I would imagine if the artery involved is the left circumflex (LCX) again, that would be a good thing because it might imply the others are doing their job and the LCX is the weak spot in the organ.  

I remember after the 2019 MI that I restarted running after 6 weeks, but was cleared to walk after 2 weeks, I think.  That's when I was walking the ramps at the parking garage, then the stairs at the parking garage to show that I was a safe bet not to relapse.

I can take it easy for 12 days.  I'll lift as long as it doesn't whine.  I was sort of surprised that it didn't whine on Tuesday.
Does taper madness apply to waiting for a stress test.   affraid
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:37 am

nkrichards wrote:
ounce wrote:
nkrichards wrote:
ounce wrote:
nkrichards wrote:
ounce wrote:

Take care.

Take care of yourself.

What the stress test will find has already happened.  I can't will it to not be there.  I want it to get fixed, whatever it is.  I imagine I'll agree to be on a statin.  No telling what meds are added after a 2nd stent to keep a 3rd from happening.  I would imagine if the artery involved is the left circumflex (LCX) again, that would be a good thing because it might imply the others are doing their job and the LCX is the weak spot in the organ.  

I remember after the 2019 MI that I restarted running after 6 weeks, but was cleared to walk after 2 weeks, I think.  That's when I was walking the ramps at the parking garage, then the stairs at the parking garage to show that I was a safe bet not to relapse.

I can take it easy for 12 days.  I'll lift as long as it doesn't whine.  I was sort of surprised that it didn't whine on Tuesday.

It certainly could, but it more likely will be boredom. I've thought about going up to Memorial Park and slowly walk 3 miles, but where do I walk the 3 miles? Stay close to the car and walk 1/2 mile loops? I need to get on a treadmill and 'train' for the elevation part of the stress test so the legs are acclimated (that's the performance person in me), if I get that far (the pragmatic person).

I am getting more sleep, though. Or I'm staying up later. I saw the opening of "The Tonight Show" a couple of nights ago. First time in YEARS. In the central time zone, it comes on at 10:30.

But I'll mosey on, these next 10 days. The REAL kicker is going to be figuring out when to do the stent. I have lots going on and I have to take that into account before doing a stent.

Just don't bet short. Thanks.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:14 am

ounce wrote:
nkrichards wrote:
ounce wrote:
nkrichards wrote:
ounce wrote:
nkrichards wrote:
ounce wrote:

Take care.

Take care of yourself.

It certainly could, but it more likely will be boredom.  I've thought about going up to Memorial Park and slowly walk 3 miles, but where do I walk the 3 miles?  Stay close to the car and walk 1/2 mile loops?  I need to get on a treadmill and 'train' for the elevation part of the stress test so the legs are acclimated (that's the performance person in me), if I get that far (the pragmatic person).  

I am getting more sleep, though.  Or I'm staying up later.  I saw the opening of "The Tonight Show" a couple of nights ago.  First time in YEARS.  In the central time zone, it comes on at 10:30.

But I'll mosey on, these next 10 days.  The REAL kicker is going to be figuring out when to do the stent.  I have lots going on and I have to take that into account before doing a stent.

Just don't bet short.  Thanks.
I've never see the opening of "The Tonight Show" and probably never will.   Laughing

I have the same attitude about stress tests...they are another race.   Running Ride

I hear you about scheduling the stent but make sure you prioritize it if it becomes necessary.

Take care.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:29 pm

I lifted today for about 45 minutes, then spent 15 minutes on the treadmill walking. I did it at 24 minute pace at 2% incline. I was able to do 90 bpm without any whining. Today, I was able to walk at my usual stride without any whining. Yesterday, I had whining, so I had to slow the stride to a 'saunter while on a date' method.

I think the plan for tomorrow or Thursday is to walk 3 miles. Friday, I need to walk the parking garage for the incline part of the test. Might even do a warm up parking garage on the morning of the stress test. All of the walks are to be done sans whining, although the parking garage will get a dose of running, just to see what happens. Won't be able to do any walking over the weekend. The durn stress test is 4 hours long, but I'm first of the day.

I had a real nice time lifting. On two of the machines, I was FINALLY able to advance in quantity of reps in a set. Seems like many months (really...it has been) where I wasn't able to do more than 4 reps in 3 sets. Today, I was able to do 5 reps on two of the sets. THAT was REALLY nice.

That shall do it for today.

Please fill out the survey on your way out.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:16 pm

ounce wrote:I lifted today for about 45 minutes, then spent 15 minutes on the treadmill walking.  I did it at 24 minute pace at 2% incline.  I was able to do 90 bpm without any whining.  Today, I was able to walk at my usual stride without any whining.  Yesterday, I had whining, so I had to slow the stride to a 'saunter while on a date' method.

I think the plan for tomorrow or Thursday is to walk 3 miles.  Friday, I need to walk the parking garage for the incline part of the test.  Might even do a warm up parking garage on the morning of the stress test.  All of the walks are to be done sans whining, although the parking garage will get a dose of running, just to see what happens.  Won't be able to do any walking over the weekend.  The durn stress test is 4 hours long, but I'm first of the day.

I had a real nice time lifting.  On two of the machines, I was FINALLY able to advance in quantity of reps in a set.  Seems like many months (really...it has been) where I wasn't able to do more than 4 reps in 3 sets.  Today, I was able to do 5 reps on two of the sets.  THAT was REALLY nice.

Pleased to hear that you're progressing with your lifting.  I hope that's been at least a slight distraction from the whining...

Also pleased to hear that you slowed to a saunter when necessary...

Hope the stress test goes well.  Be careful.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:28 am

nkrichards wrote:
ounce wrote:I lifted today for about 45 minutes, then spent 15 minutes on the treadmill walking.  I did it at 24 minute pace at 2% incline.  I was able to do 90 bpm without any whining.  Today, I was able to walk at my usual stride without any whining.  Yesterday, I had whining, so I had to slow the stride to a 'saunter while on a date' method.

I think the plan for tomorrow or Thursday is to walk 3 miles.  Friday, I need to walk the parking garage for the incline part of the test.  Might even do a warm up parking garage on the morning of the stress test.  All of the walks are to be done sans whining, although the parking garage will get a dose of running, just to see what happens.  Won't be able to do any walking over the weekend.  The durn stress test is 4 hours long, but I'm first of the day.

I had a real nice time lifting.  On two of the machines, I was FINALLY able to advance in quantity of reps in a set.  Seems like many months (really...it has been) where I wasn't able to do more than 4 reps in 3 sets.  Today, I was able to do 5 reps on two of the sets.  THAT was REALLY nice.

Pleased to hear that you're progressing with your lifting.  I hope that's been at least a slight distraction from the whining...

So, today is the day. I celebrated the day by going and lifting. I show up at 8:30 CT for 3-4 hours. Half of that time is letting the radioactive stuff to circulate for an hour. I just don't want to "TILT" during the treadmill part.

I'll report in afterwards.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

nkrichards likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:07 am

ounce wrote:
nkrichards wrote:

So, today is the day.  I celebrated the day by going and lifting.  I show up at 8:30 CT for 3-4 hours.  Half of that time is letting the radioactive stuff to circulate for an hour.  I just don't want to "TILT" during the treadmill part.

I'll report in afterwards.
Hope all goes well!
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:13 pm

I showed up before the appointment time of 8:30, I was first. After them opening up and me paying, the installed the IV port and gave me the first of 2 isotopes around 9. After that swirling around in my body, I went into where the camera was and spent 15 minutes letting it picture my heart.

At 9:50, I got on the treadmill. Their target HR for me is to get to 131. Two weeks ago, I shut it down at 119. In between, I was only gutsy enough to go to 105, but my goal in that time gap was to make it to today's treadmill. Yet, 131 seemed a stretch. I cranked up the Garmin, so I could look at the data afterwards. Yet the Garmin only recorded up to 95 bpm.

They turned it on and I started walking. BP was fine at 132/80. I got some whining on the right chest at what seemed like about 2 minutes into the test, which really surprised me that it took that long. I assigned a pain number of 2 out of 10 for their purposed. 2 was hanging in there until they cranked the angle up and I had to start running. The whine above the right chest immediately moved to the sternum. Then I told them a 4 at 131 bpm, they wanted me to keep going. 5. I had peaked at 132 bpm. 6. They said that was it and started slowing the machine. 6 minutes and 45 seconds. Once it stopped, I was seated in the chair and my BP was taken within a minute. 154/80. 3:45 later, it was 138/80.

My pain was never a piercing pain. They injected the 2nd isotope and I waited about 40 minutes for my 2nd camera appearance.

The tech who watched the stress test and was taking the camera photos told me after the stress test something that I didn't quite understand, so before the camera, I asked her to repeat it. She did and it was pretty much what she said. Later on, I snapped to what she was saying. She was watching the stress test, but I really had dismissed her because I wanted to get the pain to arrive.

What she said was by looking at the EKG during the stress test, she said there wasn't anything bad happening on the EKG related to the heart beats. So, there wasn't anything catastrophic or bad. What I take that to mean is the heartbeat is fine or the opening and closing of valves is fine. So, the camera images will tell what is structurally off. I would consider the test findings a victory if all that needs to happen is to replace the stent in the original August 2019 MI in the left circumflex.

I walked out around 11. I'll know in 2 or 3 days.

That's the report.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:02 am

ounce wrote:I showed up before the appointment time of 8:30, I was first.  After them opening up and me paying, the installed the IV port and gave me the first of 2 isotopes around 9.  After that swirling around in my body, I went into where the camera was and spent 15 minutes letting it picture my heart.

At 9:50, I got on the treadmill.  Their target HR for me is to get to 131.  Two weeks ago, I shut it down at 119.  In between, I was only gutsy enough to go to 105, but my goal in that time gap was to make it to today's treadmill.  Yet, 131 seemed a stretch.  I cranked up the Garmin, so I could look at the data afterwards.  Yet the Garmin only recorded up to 95 bpm.

They turned it on and I started walking.  BP was fine at 132/80.  I got some whining on the right chest at what seemed like about 2 minutes into the test, which really surprised me that it took that long.  I assigned a pain number of 2 out of 10 for their purposed.  2 was hanging in there until they cranked the angle up and I had to start running.  The whine above the right chest immediately moved to the sternum.  Then I told them a 4 at 131 bpm, they wanted me to keep going.  5.  I had peaked at 132 bpm.  6.  They said that was it and started slowing the machine.  6 minutes and 45 seconds.  Once it stopped, I was seated in the chair and my BP was taken within a minute.  154/80.  3:45 later, it was 138/80.

My pain was never a piercing pain.  They injected the 2nd isotope and I waited about 40 minutes for my 2nd camera appearance.

The tech who watched the stress test and was taking the camera photos told me after the stress test something that I didn't quite understand, so before the camera, I asked her to repeat it.  She did and it was pretty much what she said.  Later on, I snapped to what she was saying.  She was watching the stress test, but I really had dismissed her because I wanted to get the pain to arrive.

What she said was by looking at the EKG during the stress test, she said there wasn't anything bad happening on the EKG related to the heart beats.  So, there wasn't anything catastrophic or bad.  What I take that to mean is the heartbeat is fine or the opening and closing of valves is fine.  So, the camera images will tell what is structurally off.  I would consider the test findings a victory if all that needs to happen is to replace the stent in the original August 2019 MI in the left circumflex.

I walked out around 11.  I'll know in 2 or 3 days.

That's the report.
Sounds like a successful test.  

Keep us updated...and behave yourself while you wait.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:43 pm

No update. I got an email yesterday signaling there is some results posted. Nah, just a placeholder for the actual test results.

I lifted, this morning. There was a faint whine doing my short warmup machine, but that resolved itself. I continued my workout without issue. Enjoyed the time I was there. I had time to do my 5 minute backward mobility walking for my front calf muscles. The final thing was lifting the 95 pound punching bag. But somebody was already using it and it shocked me to see that this guy was actually punching the punching bag! Shocked Whoda thunk that would happen? Don't they know that a punching bag is made to be lifted, not punched??

These kids.

That's my story for today. Bulletins will warrant breaking in to normally scheduled programming.

ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:12 pm

No reports on stress test.

Saturday morning, I wanted to walk another 3 miles. Except that I went out too fast and got into the 90s bpm wayyyyy too early. It would seem my heart is fine with me walking 3 miles, but I have to start out delicately. By delicately I mean, 1st mile in the 70s. 2nd mile can be in the 80s and 3rd in the 90s, unless the heart has other ideas.

So, I got 1.49 miles.

Sunday morning, I lifted. Y'all remember I said last week that I was able to complete the routines with a couple more reps than usual? I think I figured out why...or at least an idea of cause. It's because I'm not running and evidently running has first priority on repairs and renovations, but since I'm not running, there's not much damage to repair. So, the protein is being used on the upper body. Could be wrong, of course.

In the end, I am able to increase some reps, happily.

98% of the time, I have zero heart problems when lifting. 2% is itty bitty stuff.

This morning. It was 68 degrees and I was ready to try 3 miles again. I started out slow, like an easy walk on a 2nd date. Easy peasy. 2nd mile was a little difficult to get into the 80s, just because I was in a groove in the 70s bpm. 3rd mile was more in the mid-80s. All with generally no troubles. My pace for this walk was 19:02 and last week's 3.41 miles was at 19:09.

I have no date certain for the trip to the heart lab, but my choice was March 19. It's to be a 5 hour gig, door to door. I have requested zero anesthesia because I didn't have any back in 2019 and I'm curious. I want to try to get up to 4 miles before the repair occurs.

Tomorrow shall be lifting.

Y'all behave. Thanks.

ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:58 pm

ounce wrote:No reports on stress test.  

Saturday morning, I wanted to walk another 3 miles.  Except that I went out too fast and got into the 90s bpm wayyyyy too early.  It would seem my heart is fine with me walking 3 miles, but I have to start out delicately.  By delicately I mean, 1st mile in the 70s.  2nd mile can be in the 80s and 3rd in the 90s, unless the heart has other ideas.

So, I got 1.49 miles.

Sunday morning, I lifted.  Y'all remember I said last week that I was able to complete the routines with a couple more reps than usual?  I think I figured out why...or at least an idea of cause.  It's because I'm not running and evidently running has first priority on repairs and renovations, but since I'm not running, there's not much damage to repair.  So, the protein is being used on the upper body.  Could be wrong, of course.

98% of the time, I have zero heart problems when lifting.  2% is itty bitty stuff.

This morning.  It was 68 degrees and I was ready to try 3 miles again.  I started out slow, like an easy walk on a 2nd date.  Easy peasy.  2nd mile was a little difficult to get into the 80s, just because I was in a groove in the 70s bpm.  3rd mile was more in the mid-80s.  All with generally no troubles.  My pace for this walk was 19:02 and last week's 3.41 miles was at 19:09.

I have no date certain for the trip to the heart lab, but my choice was March 19.  It's to be a 5 hour gig, door to door.  I have requested zero anesthesia because I didn't have any back in 2019 and I'm curious.  I want to try to get up to 4 miles before the repair occurs.

Y'all behave.  Thanks.

Glad to hear that you're able to lift with minimal heart issues.  Enjoy the opportunity to increase reps while not running.

You'll be back on track quickly if you keep walking while you wait for your heart repairs!

Just make sure you take it easy...sounds like you are. 

You're the one that needs to behave... Ride
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:17 pm

nkrichards wrote:
ounce wrote:No reports on stress test.  

Saturday morning, I wanted to walk another 3 miles.  Except that I went out too fast and got into the 90s bpm wayyyyy too early.  It would seem my heart is fine with me walking 3 miles, but I have to start out delicately.  By delicately I mean, 1st mile in the 70s.  2nd mile can be in the 80s and 3rd in the 90s, unless the heart has other ideas.

So, I got 1.49 miles.

Sunday morning, I lifted.  Y'all remember I said last week that I was able to complete the routines with a couple more reps than usual?  I think I figured out why...or at least an idea of cause.  It's because I'm not running and evidently running has first priority on repairs and renovations, but since I'm not running, there's not much damage to repair.  So, the protein is being used on the upper body.  Could be wrong, of course.

98% of the time, I have zero heart problems when lifting.  2% is itty bitty stuff.

This morning.  It was 68 degrees and I was ready to try 3 miles again.  I started out slow, like an easy walk on a 2nd date.  Easy peasy.  2nd mile was a little difficult to get into the 80s, just because I was in a groove in the 70s bpm.  3rd mile was more in the mid-80s.  All with generally no troubles.  My pace for this walk was 19:02 and last week's 3.41 miles was at 19:09.

I have no date certain for the trip to the heart lab, but my choice was March 19.  It's to be a 5 hour gig, door to door.  I have requested zero anesthesia because I didn't have any back in 2019 and I'm curious.  I want to try to get up to 4 miles before the repair occurs.

Y'all behave.  Thanks.

Glad to hear that you're able to lift with minimal heart issues.  Enjoy the opportunity to increase reps while not running.

You'll be back on track quickly if you keep walking while you wait for your heart repairs!

Just make sure you take it easy...sounds like you are. 

You're the one that needs to behave... Ride

I am, uh, shocked and/or appalled that I need to behave!
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next