365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

saucony hattori

4 posters

Go down

saucony hattori Empty saucony hattori

Post  mountandog Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:24 pm

My hattori's arrived the other day. Am looking forward to trying them out. Seem almost barefoot, much like the vibrams. Any recommendations on how to slowly work into running in these things?
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

saucony hattori Empty Re: saucony hattori

Post  Schuey Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:34 pm

Don't know much about them Mike. I would think that you would want to break them in slow so your feet can use to them. Other then that I'm not big on the barefoot feel for running.

talking of Saucony I did just order a pair of their trail shoes that have a 3-4 heel to toe drop and should be here tomorrow.

Peregrine:

saucony hattori Peregrine

Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:38 am

Yeah - I'm not really into barefoot running either but thought I'd give some of these a try for the fun of it. Ran 1 mile in them over the weekend after a recovery run. Strange feeling, but had no problems. Certainly didn't turn on the gas, kept it at recovery speed. Will try them on a track and maybe a football field for some fun.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:00 pm

I thought about the Peregrine, but if you are going minimal with a very small heel-toe drop, the NB Minimus Trail is the better option. The Peregrine is still pretty structured, it just has a small drop.

Basically, it is the Kinvara with a lugged sole.
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:37 pm

Tim M wrote:I thought about the Peregrine, but if you are going minimal with a very small heel-toe drop, the NB Minimus Trail is the better option. The Peregrine is still pretty structured, it just has a small drop.

Basically, it is the Kinvara with a lugged sole.

Yes you are correct Tim they are basically the Kinvara beef up for trail running. I like the NB 101 trail shoe and I will be getting that in the near future. The reason for the Peregrine was the somewhat lightness to them and the lugged sole. The first 15.5 miles of the JKF is run on some pretty technical trail with lots of rocks. So I'm think that Peregrine will be the shoe that I use for that section of the race before I switch over to my T7's to race the rest of it.

I ran in my Montrail Rogue Racers this weekend on my 23 mile run in the Pinckney State Rec. Area. Ran all of the Potawatomi Trail, part of the Crooked Lake Trail and all of the Losse Lake Trail. I really liked the way the Rogue's felt and performed on the trails. I will write more about this shoe and the run in my blog. Nice light shoe at 7.7oz. for a trail shoe with some lugs on it.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:06 pm

Be sure to give a review of them. They look super comfortable and seem like something I would use on easy days.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:56 pm

Schuey wrote:

I ran in my Montrail Rogue Racers this weekend on my 23 mile run in the Pinckney State Rec. Area. Ran all of the Potawatomi Trail, part of the Crooked Lake Trail and all of the Losse Lake Trail. I really liked the way the Rogue's felt and performed on the trails. I will write more about this shoe and the run in my blog. Nice light shoe at 7.7oz. for a trail shoe with some lugs on it.

The Rogue Racers are very popular out here too.
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum