365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Popups?

+2
Ken Mello
Peg Coover
6 posters

Go down

Popups? Empty Popups?

Post  Peg Coover Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:33 pm

I didn't notice this this morning, (maybe I was just too excited to find you all here!) but there are popups now on each page here, underneath the control tabs (profile, home, etc). These popups want you to click on a message or a friend request.....I don't like that because I worry about those evil viruses. I am trained NOT to click on things though, so I can hopefully avoid any thing like that. Plus I use a Mac.

Has anyone else noticed?

Question
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Popups? Empty Re: Popups?

Post  Ken Mello Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:35 pm

pegcoover wrote:I didn't notice this this morning, (maybe I was just too excited to find you all here!) but there are popups now on each page here, underneath the control tabs (profile, home, etc). These popups want you to click on a message or a friend request.....I don't like that because I worry about those evil viruses. I am trained NOT to click on things though, so I can hopefully avoid any thing like that. Plus I use a Mac.

Has anyone else noticed?

Question

Yes. I'm viewing on my IPad (which is great) and there is a button above that just says "download" but doesn't tell me what I'd be downloading! Twisted Evil
Ken Mello
Ken Mello
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:38 pm

They're gone now...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:44 pm

Mr MattM wrote:They're gone now...

Your administrative powers know no bounds. Evil or Very Mad
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Mello Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:46 pm

You're setting expectations very high. Take your time and "work on it". Laughing
Ken Mello
Ken Mello
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Max M Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:36 pm

Same experience here Matt: It seems there were still some malicious code on the banners... (6:30PM EST)
Max M
Max M

https://picasaweb.google.com/maxmmb/

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:38 pm

Max M wrote:Same experience here Matt: It seems there were still some malicious code on the banners... (6:30PM EST)

Honestly, there should be no malicious code (as in viral stuff). Just annoying code (I hope). If you are logged in, you should see no ads. However, if you browse as a guest (not logged in)... you're on your own... Twisted Evil

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Max M Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:41 pm

Mr MattM wrote:
Max M wrote:Same experience here Matt: It seems there were still some malicious code on the banners... (6:30PM EST)

Honestly, there should be no malicious code (as in viral stuff). Just annoying code (I hope). If you are logged in, you should see no ads. However, if you browse as a guest (not logged in)... you're on your own... Twisted Evil

True I was just browsing as a guest. But my Ent Trend Micro warned me about a verified fraudulent link...I guess I will have to keep being logged in by default...
Max M
Max M

https://picasaweb.google.com/maxmmb/

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:49 pm

Max M wrote:But my Ent Trend Micro warned me about a verified fraudulent link...

Well, that is interesting. I just googled trend micro verified fraudulent link and found a trend micro support site with pages of website owners asking why their sites are flagged incorrectly. Looks like each time a trend micro employee comes back and replies that the site was checked and found to be clean, so the sites get reclassified as clean. They never indicate what causes the intial flag on the website.

Weird. I would be surprised if the site owners here allowed malicious adware or the like. That would not be good for business... still, be safe out there. Log in first, then browse. alien

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:19 pm

You the man!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Mello Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:15 pm

I clicked one of those banners by mistake, and have since received an email at my home email saying:

Your account has been created

Hello ,

You receive this automatic email because your account on "Servimg" - https://servimg.com has been created from your board account.

Please notice that you can log in with the following information :
Login : Your email
Password : The board one

I didn't sign up for anything, or give them my email, so it must have just grabbed it off this site.

© servimg.com
Ken Mello
Ken Mello
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:28 pm

Ken Mello wrote:I clicked one of those banners by mistake, and have since received an email at my home email saying:

Your account has been created

Hello ,

You receive this automatic email because your account on "Servimg" - https://servimg.com has been created from your board account.

Please notice that you can log in with the following information :
Login : Your email
Password : The board one

I didn't sign up for anything, or give them my email, so it must have just grabbed it off this site.

© servimg.com

I believe that is from using the Host an Image option in the editor. Servimg is where the pic is hosted.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Mello Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:33 pm

But I haven't posted any images, and haven't given them my email. Weird
Ken Mello
Ken Mello
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:35 pm

Ken Mello wrote:But I haven't posted any images, and haven't given them my email. Weird

I'll check it out, but I know servimg is the hosting spot for pics. I got the same email back before the banner ads hit.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Mello Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:22 pm

No worries. If it's just the hosting site, no big deal.
Ken Mello
Ken Mello
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:48 pm

I got the same email, but I did post a picture. I had seen some strange banners saying to download something, but those went away.
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum