365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another big PR in the Parks Half Marathon: Race Report

+9
JohnP
Peg Coover
Diego
Julie
Liz R
Reina
Michele "1L" Keane
Michael Enright
Sara Jane
13 posters

Go down

Another big PR in the Parks Half Marathon: Race Report Empty Another big PR in the Parks Half Marathon: Race Report

Post  Sara Jane Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:16 pm

Hi all! It's been a while...but so that I could brag once again about my AMAZING running coach, I thought I'd post my most recent race report. Another huge PR. My running had taken a dip for a while and I was hurting and struggling to find motivation...but Wendy continued to push me and I got it back. Anyway, she continues to inspire me to be better, stronger, tougher, and...well...faster!

Here's the report! (sorry for the link, but since I embed some images, etc., it's easier to to this than to cut and paste!)

http://runsjbrun.blogspot.com/

Thanks also to the many of you who continue to provide me with daily inspiration via your facebook posts, race results, etc.

Happy Fall Running!
Sara Jane
Sara Jane
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Another big PR in the Parks Half Marathon: Race Report Empty Re: Another big PR in the Parks Half Marathon: Race Report

Post  Michael Enright Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:21 pm

Nice job SJ, especially for those last 3 miles - I hate uphill finishes! Sounds like Katherine came along at just the right time for both of you. On to NYC...
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Another big PR in the Parks Half Marathon: Race Report Empty Re: Another big PR in the Parks Half Marathon: Race Report

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:09 pm

Woohoo! Congrats, SJ - see you soon in NY!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Reina Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:38 pm

Congrats SJ! Great job!

--Reina
Reina
Reina
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz R Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:47 pm

That's great! A harbinger of things to come. You must have a good coach.

Liz R
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:04 pm

That is some PR! Congrats!!! Sounds like having a coach is really helpful to you, too. Very Happy
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:23 pm

Terrific PR Sara Jane. I don't think I would have liked that last 2 mile stretch. Nice job!!
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:36 pm

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very huge PR! congrats!!!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:40 pm

Amazing PR, congratulations!
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris M Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:13 pm

Great job, SJ. Parks Marathon in 2008 was my first race after taking up running and I then did it in 2009 and 2010 as well. I was bummed to miss it this year as I think its a great event.

That uphill finish sucks. Its just a long slow grade up after a short nasty hill and when you are trying to drop the hammer in the final 5k, that's a tough way to finish. That tunnel at the end can't come soon enough.

Amazing how much you took off your PR and I'd definitely say you are in line for a sub 4 if you can do the long runs between now and then. Parks is a harder course than NYC. Way too many turns to be a fast half course. I'd say your achievement there definitely points to sub4 so long as you can log a couple of 20s between now and November.
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete B Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:35 pm

Congrats - very nice splits!
Pete B
Pete B
Poster
Poster

http://www.ahouseinthewoods.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack_Scaff Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:41 pm

Huge, to say the least! Well done.
Jack_Scaff
Jack_Scaff
Poster
Poster

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Concord&st

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:58 am

Great job on the PR. Congrats.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down