365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National Ranking #9. Impressive group of guys, trust me!

3 posters

Go down

National Ranking #9.  Impressive group of guys, trust me!  Empty National Ranking #9. Impressive group of guys, trust me!

Post  momof5boys Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:30 pm

NHSCA National Cross Country Headquarters www.xcnation.com

Non runners could care less about this, so you guys have to give me a chance to "brag". Very Happy

I am very good friends with the coach of this team and his wife, he makes my training schedules, and, these 4 top guys are my oldest sons' good friends --my kids go to this school. In addition to being great runners, they are great kids!

For a small D3 Christian school, the whole cross country team has 53 members --guys and girls. It's the largest team in the school, counting football. For a non glory sport, that's unheard of (at least around here.)

Congrats, coach TenKate! What a program you have built!
momof5boys
momof5boys

Back to top Go down

National Ranking #9.  Impressive group of guys, trust me!  Empty Re: National Ranking #9. Impressive group of guys, trust me!

Post  momof5boys Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:34 pm

I guess the link doesn't go directly to the story, so I should clarify that the school is Calvin Christian in Grandville, MI.
momof5boys
momof5boys

Back to top Go down

National Ranking #9.  Impressive group of guys, trust me!  Empty Re: National Ranking #9. Impressive group of guys, trust me!

Post  Jerry Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:29 pm

Cool.

Why didn't your boys make the team? affraid
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:45 pm

Nice, ahead of our local powerhouses Palatine IL and the legendary York, IL program, impressive. What you mean non-glory sport? Is there a tougher all around gut wrenching high school sport than CC, I think not! It ain't for wimps! Good luck to them this season.
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:47 pm

Jerry wrote:Cool.

May I be the first to reach through my computer a give you a solid cyper slap up side the head, jerry! No
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:39 pm

fostever wrote:
Jerry wrote:Cool.

May I be the first to reach through my computer a give you a solid cyper slap up side the head, jerry! No

Ouch, happy now? StirPot
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  momof5boys Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:51 pm

Lol! Both are very fair questions! I DO have a son on the team, but he's not one of these top 5 guys. My second son is a freshman at the school, but he plays tennis. My 8th grader, at the same school, but the middle school, plays soccer.

As for a glory sport, I simply mean that in this area, it's all about football. We have 1/2 hour and hour long sports news devoted to football, football makes the front page of the paper, etc. If our football team was anywhere near as good as this cross team is it'd be BIG news! These same guys, minus 1, did win state last year...and didn't receive much publicity in the mainstream news. So, I guess as a whole, around here we consider football and basketball to be "the glory sports", simply meaning they get more attention. It's really just a fact, I don't mean to put down those sports.
momof5boys
momof5boys

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down