365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Offseason??...What's that??

+10
JohnP
Peg Coover
Chris M
Julie
Dave-O
Dave P
Kenny B.
Michele "1L" Keane
John Kilpatrick
Nick Morris
14 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Offseason??...What's that?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Offseason??...What's that??

Post  Nick Morris Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:53 pm

Today I got in my last run of the year. 12.31 miles at a 7:50 pace. My hammy started to tighten a little at the end, but it's nothing major. Hardest that I have pushed myself since the end of October, so it is expected.

Yesterday, the wintery mix forced me to put in my 6 miles at the gym running on the indoor track. My total for the week ended up just over 29 miles at 29.07. Eight weeks left of my winter running before I start my based building schedule...

Total miles for the year = 1,326.85

Happy New Year everyone!!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:11 pm

You had a great year, Nick. Enjoyed reading and learning from your training. Look forward to 2012!!! By the way, what ever happened to the "vblog"?

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:13 am

John Kilpatrick wrote:You had a great year, Nick. Enjoyed reading and learning from your training. Look forward to 2012!!! By the way, what ever happened to the "vblog"?

Thanks John!! No worries, I'll be bringing back the vlog Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:54 pm

Nick Morris wrote:Today I got in my last run of the year. 12.31 miles at a 7:50 pace. My hammy started to tighten a little at the end, but it's nothing major. Hardest that I have pushed myself since the end of October, so it is expected.

Yesterday, the wintery mix forced me to put in my 6 miles at the gym running on the indoor track. My total for the week ended up just over 29 miles at 29.07. Eight weeks left of my winter running before I start my based building schedule...

Total miles for the year = 1,326.85

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Great job getting in the last couple days of miles! Happy New Year!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:24 pm

I got outside this evening for a nice and easy 6 miles. It is hard to believe that I was able to run outside in shorts on January 4th, but I did. I have a feeling that Mother Nature is going to make us pay for this in February and March...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:35 pm

Got in another 6 miler this evening...nice and easy at a 7:43 pace. I am trying soak up as much non-snow running as I can. It has been an amazing winter so far, which has allowed me to get outside in the dark. Unfortunately it is all going to come crashing down later this week. On Thursday we are predicted to get 5 to 6 inches of the white death, as I like to call it Wink So, I will hope to take my running adventures outside tomorrow night for one more snowless run...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:56 pm

I'm glad you are also enjoying this non-traditional winter! We aren't supposed to get much of anything but it's gonna get windy and cooler!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:20 am

I hear you on the nice winter so far. It's getting down to 1 degree here tomorrow night, but I'm hoping the snow stays away a little longer.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:07 pm

Some snow, but it warmed back up and melted quickly here. We really are getting spoiled thus far.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:43 pm

Oh the disappointment, as I had to come back to Wisconsin today. With that comes single digit temps and snow showers Sad

I just spent the last three days in Fort Collins, CO on business travel. The weather was great out there, 62 degrees on Thursday. The best part is that I was able to get out for a run along the foothills to the Rockies in nothing more than a tech shirt and a pair of shorts. If it wasn't for the bipolar weather patterns, I may consider moving to Denver. I still think that California is calling me Smile Anyone got any connections at Google??
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:11 pm

I'm not too into the sub zero temps right now. CO sounds great.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:35 pm

Logged some more winter miles today. Another easy 8.5 in the books at a 7:39 pace. Windy, cold, and wet...The three words that describe my run today.

In unrelated news, I have narrowed down my fall marathon to a not-so-short list of eight. They are:

Sept. 30th - Wineglass
Oct. 6th - St. George
Oct. 7th - Chicago
Oct. 21st - Baystate
Nov. 4th - Hamilton Marathon
Nov. 18th - Philadelphia
Dec. 2nd - California International
Dec. 10th - Tucson

Like I said, a not-so-short list...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:29 pm

BTW...I am serious about the Google thing. Anyone got a contact in Mountain View or LA??
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:44 pm

Nick Morris wrote:BTW...I am serious about the Google thing. Anyone got a contact in Mountain View or LA??

One of my best friends lives in Mtn View, but she doesn't have Google connections...that I know of.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:12 am

Nick Morris wrote:BTW...I am serious about the Google thing. Anyone got a contact in Mountain View or LA??

I went to grad school with a VP, but I don't really know her (completely different major). I do know her Mom though. Of course, I might need to save that connection for my daughter in 4+ years Wink
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:34 pm

Another week almost in the books. I got in three work week runs. Unfortunately the white flakes of death have arrived to Wisconsin. So all ofthose runs were completed on the indoor track at the gym. I have one more run, an outdoor long run to complete today and the week will officially be finish.

I got to analyzing my run from Cololrada a couple of weeks ago and compaired it to a run here in Wisconsin, just a few days later. The last time that I had ran in Colorado I did not think that the elevation was that much of a factor. But looking at my stats this time the 5,000 foot elevation had a huge affect on me. My average HR was 179 which is way high for me. Infact, just three days later, I had an average HR of 149 in Wisconsin. Maybe I was in better shape the last time I ran in Colorado...not sure...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:00 pm

Long run in the books...A good 10.37 completed at a 7:46 pace. Decent time, considering that the footing was not the greatest on the snow covered bike path. New week starts tomorrow... Offseason??...What's that?? - Page 2 4044942068
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:18 pm

Nice running Nick, it's good you have a track for this weather. I'm still amazed at how much outside running has been possible this winter, especially compared to the past 3-4 years. I hope it works out for you to head out west. The weather is unbelievable. I don't know about California's state economy, it doesn't seem good. But those tech jobs are plentiful and well-paying out there, it seems.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris M Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:17 pm

Nick Morris wrote:Logged some more winter miles today. Another easy 8.5 in the books at a 7:39 pace. Windy, cold, and wet...The three words that describe my run today.

In unrelated news, I have narrowed down my fall marathon to a not-so-short list of eight. They are:

Sept. 30th - Wineglass
Oct. 6th - St. George
Oct. 7th - Chicago
Oct. 21st - Baystate
Nov. 4th - Hamilton Marathon
Nov. 18th - Philadelphia
Dec. 2nd - California International
Dec. 10th - Tucson

Like I said, a not-so-short list...

My current thinking is to sign up for Chicago and then one of Marine Corps or Philly. I would only race Chicago all out if it is sub 50 degrees on race day. Assuming it is not, I would run it as a 26.2 mile workout with the 2nd half being faster and then save the racing for hopefully colder weather in DC or Philly. My two best lifetime races from where I think I was fitness wise then to how I did in the race itself were in Philly so maybe that's my good luck locale and I should sign up for Chicago and Philly.
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:13 pm

Call 1-800-Cal-Girl. Very Happy

On a side note, if you are not particularly interested any Dec one and they are not closed(?), you can wait until the last week and go to the best weather one.

White Rock is Dec 2 and the registration closes very late.
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:07 pm

With record high temperatures today here in Wisconsin, I am planning on taking advantage of this once in a lifetime event by heading back outside for a stress relieving run. The days are getting longer, so I might not even have to use my headlamp. The running shorts may make another visit, as well...

Offseason??...What's that?? - Page 2 4044942068 Offseason??...What's that?? - Page 2 4044942068
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:28 pm

I got in 4.25 tonight in shorts and without the use of illumination!! I just became a fan of global warming Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:19 pm

Crazy warm down here too. A freaking stinkbug landed on my shoulder this weekend and the mosquitos are already bad some evenings. Lovin the power bills though.....

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:17 am

Great weekend of running!!! On Saturday I got in 9.31 miles with a buddy of my man that lives upstate. Then, this morning I got in 14 with one of my local running buddies. 23 miles total for the weekend. The 14 being the longest that I have ran since late October. I also chose to run the extremely hilly route today, which made it even more challenging...but in a good way Smile

I am sure that my hammies will be barking at me tomorrow, but if that is the price you have to pay for a good weekend of running, then I will take it any day.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:51 pm

A little road block thrown at me this week, as after a great weekend of running, I came down with a cold. It's the first time that I have been sick since last spring, so I consider myself pretty lucky. The congestion and sore throat kept my running down to a couple of three milers this week, but I think that I have turn the corner. I am hoping that I will be able to get back on the horse tomorrow and put together a good week. Sending healthy vibes to everyone!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum