365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shuttles from Hopkinton Area

3 posters

Go down

Shuttles from Hopkinton Area Empty Shuttles from Hopkinton Area

Post  Mike MacLellan Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:25 am

Anyone have a suggested time that we get to the parking area? Either HSP or South Street lot? Just want to be sure we're able to park and get over to AV/starting area in time. Would getting to one of the lots by 8 be cutting it too close? 7:30? 7?
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Shuttles from Hopkinton Area Empty Re: Shuttles from Hopkinton Area

Post  GregC Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:35 am

I never parked there, so I have no idea if the lots fill up or not. However, I have been dropped off there a few times and 8 is not too late. It will take about 30 minutes to get to the starting line once you park so as long as you're comfortable with an hour and a half pre-race, that would work.
GregC
GregC
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin VW Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:00 am

The issue isn't so much parking as traffic getting there. Hopkinton is a small town and while they do a great job, the roads aren't set up for the influx of traffic. So, they can get pretty jammed up. The later, the worse.

Rationally, you have PLENTY of time, but with the nervousness of the race hanging over you, sitting in traffic may raise your anxiety level. So, why not err to the side of being earlier than you need to be? Whoever is coming with you should understand that you don't want to feel any stress about your trip in.

Understand, though, there's nothing to see or do in Hopkinton, other than take in the atmosphere.
Martin VW
Martin VW
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:33 am

Martin - My mom's more of a worrywart than me, so she'll be the one freaking out. Personally, I just want to sleep in a bit more. What a Face
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down