365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NYC or Philly or Both?

4 posters

Go down

NYC or Philly or Both? Empty NYC or Philly or Both?

Post  Kenny B. Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:48 pm

I automatically get into NYC this year but I have to register for $255.00 plus the logistics of getting there etc is troublesome to me. (maybe not realistic). I want to pick a Fall Marathon to PR considering NY then 2 weeks later Philly as a back up or if I can get my schedule free Steamtown early Oct.

So, questioning to do NY as PR and/or just Philly otherwise.

Ideally if I can do Steamtown in Oct I would then do NYC as a fun run and maybe Philly 2 weeks later for second attempt.

Ok taper madness has begun for Illinois. Ranting and raving baldo style!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

NYC or Philly or Both? Empty Re: NYC or Philly or Both?

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:10 pm

Steamtown is a much better race for a PR attempt, but only if you like net downhill courses.

Of course, I'll be running NYC, so that should most definitely sway you (one way or another Rolling Eyes ).
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Wolfe Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:47 pm

Kenny, after yesterday I'm not worthy to run the same race as Michelle but perhaps you are. Kenny I think you know the answer to your question -- I think Philly is faster, and less crowded. NYC is an event so if you want to run an event NYC. (Not that a PR is out of the question).
Dave Wolfe
Dave Wolfe
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:16 am

Just realize New York registration is still open. Hmmmm.

Several years ago, I made a wish to run the 3 US WMM and ended up running New York and Boston for fun and were bured TWICE in Chicago. Very Happy
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down