365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boston Predictions

2 posters

Go down

When Will Boston Registration Close?

Boston Predictions Vote_lcap0%Boston Predictions Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Boston Predictions Vote_lcap14%Boston Predictions Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
Boston Predictions Vote_lcap29%Boston Predictions Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
Boston Predictions Vote_lcap29%Boston Predictions Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

Boston Predictions Empty Boston Predictions

Post  mountandog Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:06 am

There is a lot of speculation out there as to the impact of the new qualifying times. With Boston itself only qualifying 10% of its runners last year due to the heat, but allowing 2000 to defer.......what does this all mean? Will Chicago runners have a chance? NY? I say that runners have adjusted. Found new races and it closes by the end of the second week.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Boston Predictions Empty Re: Boston Predictions

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:45 am

I think it will be late like mid-October this year. A lot of races were hot last year including Boston which I believe will lead to lower number of entrants in the first week. I'm not worried as being old helps and I have a 15 min faster time. I also thought that only 500 actually qualified for the deferment. A couple ofnmy friends deferred and are going to register either.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:40 am

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:I think it will be late like mid-October this year. A lot of races were hot last year including Boston which I believe will lead to lower number of entrants in the first week. I'm not worried as being old helps and I have a 15 min faster time. I also thought that only 500 actually qualified for the deferment. A couple ofnmy friends deferred and are going to register either.

According to this article 2160 deferments we granted. How many accept is unknown. They had to register last month. My sister did and has already been accepted.

http://news.runnersworld.com/2012/05/24/boston-marathon-grants-2160-deferments/
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:15 pm

Great - I'm so glad Jill registered and I hope she makes it this year unscathed (I think she had to withdraw a couple of times in the last couple of years if I remember correctly). I look forward to seeing her (as we no longer workout at the same gym since it it a bit too far for me Wink now)
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down