365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now What To Do???

+19
jon c
nkrichards
Seth Harrison
Dave Wolfe
Chris M
JohnP
Kenny B.
mul21
Mark B
fostever
mountandog
Ben Z
Julie
John Kilpatrick
Bob
dot520
Jerry
Michele "1L" Keane
Nick Morris
23 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Now What To Do??? - Page 6 Empty Re: Now What To Do???

Post  Nick Morris Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:35 pm

Enjoyed the off day yesterday (and the Brewers win)...Hitting the gym tonight for some weight training. I think that I am going to take an additional day off and get back at it on Wednesday.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:57 pm

I saw you note about the sleeves. I think they work well when the temps are in the 30s but are too warm when it's in the 40s. I like them over a long sleeve in a race because you can take them off when it gets warmer and it's like an instant boost.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Z Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:18 pm

Nick Morris wrote:8.75 miles this morning. It was one of those morning where my legs just didn't feel like they had any juice in them. But I mustered through and finished with an 8:05 average pace for the mileage. Hopefully tomorrow they will be back.

I also wanted to try out my arm sleeves to see how they work. I purchased them last fall, but never got the chance to use them. So, this morning I wore a short sleeved tech shirt and the sleeves with shorts. The temperature was in the upper 30s at the start of my run. They really seemed to keep my arms warm, until about mile 5 or 6. That is when they started getting too warm. By the end of the run, my arms felts over heated and I was sweqating pretty good. I think that a long sleeved tech shirt would have been better, as I could have pulled the sleeves up. Oh well, I was just testing them out anyways Smile

That's funny as I read a comment from an ultra runner recently who didn't understand arm sleeves. He said that most people he sees end up pushing them down pretty early in a run or race. He said why not just wear a long sleeve shirt and push the sleeves up?! Genius!

However, one thing I like about arm sleeves is that when I get too warm wearing them I can stick them in the waistband of my shorts while still having a short-sleeved shirt on your core.
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:09 pm

JohnP wrote:I saw you note about the sleeves. I think they work well when the temps are in the 30s but are too warm when it's in the 40s. I like them over a long sleeve in a race because you can take them off when it gets warmer and it's like an instant boost.

You are probably right, maybe I will wear them again if I do a winter race.

Ben Z wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:8.75 miles this morning. It was one of those morning where my legs just didn't feel like they had any juice in them. But I mustered through and finished with an 8:05 average pace for the mileage. Hopefully tomorrow they will be back.

I also wanted to try out my arm sleeves to see how they work. I purchased them last fall, but never got the chance to use them. So, this morning I wore a short sleeved tech shirt and the sleeves with shorts. The temperature was in the upper 30s at the start of my run. They really seemed to keep my arms warm, until about mile 5 or 6. That is when they started getting too warm. By the end of the run, my arms felts over heated and I was sweqating pretty good. I think that a long sleeved tech shirt would have been better, as I could have pulled the sleeves up. Oh well, I was just testing them out anyways Smile

That's funny as I read a comment from an ultra runner recently who didn't understand arm sleeves. He said that most people he sees end up pushing them down pretty early in a run or race. He said why not just wear a long sleeve shirt and push the sleeves up?! Genius!

However, one thing I like about arm sleeves is that when I get too warm wearing them I can stick them in the waistband of my shorts while still having a short-sleeved shirt on your core.

I like the option of being able to take them off too...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:13 pm

Got in an easy 4 miles tonight. Taking the extra day off really helped, as my legs snapped back to life. I'm glad they did, because they felt tasked after my run on Sunday. Finished the run with an average pace of 7:39 for the distance. I should be in good shape for my 9 and 17 mile runs this weekend.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:19 am

Got in an easy 9 miles this morning at an 8:00 pace. I was able to dodge most of the rain showers that are scheduled for today, but the wind was howling at 18-20 miles per hour. My legs felt 10x better thanlast Satueday, so giveing them a break really helped out. Looking at a 17 mile run tomorrow morning...should be fun Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:43 pm

17 miles this morning...It was a little cool and windy when I started out, but I knew that it was going to warm up before I was done. So, I decided to go with the short sleeves with my arm sleeves and gloves, know that I could take them off. The gloves cam off before mile three and the sleeves came off after mile seven. It ended up being a great morning to run, with the sun coming out towards the end. That caused me to sweat a little at the end, but I didn't care.My legs were pretty good all run, but started to feel a little fatigued at mile 15 or so. They were nothing like last weekend though. The good news is that my heart rate was a pedestrian 131 average for the entire 17...Cross training tomorrow, before getting back into it on Tuesday.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:00 am

Successful cross training last night that involved some weight training and stretching exercises. Today looks like it is going to be a rainy day, so I may be stuck indoors running on the track. Hopefully the rain will break this afternoon long enough for me to get outside.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:12 pm

So, mother nature didn't work with me today, as the rain continued fall all day long. With the temps in the lower 40s, I decided to do my 4 mile run on my gym's indoor track. On a better note, look what was waiting on my front porch when I got home...

Now What To Do??? - Page 6 20130410

I bought these based on Ben Z's recommendation (Skechers Go Run 2s). I figure if Meb promotes them, then they can't be that bad. If all else fails, I have a flashy shoe to wear to the gym Smile

I will give a report next week after I get a few runs on them.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:24 pm

They look nice, hopefully they weren't wet on your front porch.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:40 am

They also cam with blue laces. So, I ended up swapping them out. I think they look better with the blue laces.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:03 pm

I feel like I am in the movie Groundhog's Day. For the third consecutive day it is cold and rainy...looks like I am hitting the gym again.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:31 pm

Weight training and a four mile run at the gym tonight. Stupid cold rain...I did get to break in a new pair of shoes, so I got that going for me Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:36 pm

I woke up this morning with Sonny and Cher's - I Got You Babe in my head, as yet again we have cold and rainy weather. It's beginning to be a common theme this week. I feel like I live in Seattle, but the view outside is not as good Smile That being said, I am taking the day off as I have a big weekend ahead, including a 20 miler.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:23 pm

Same old weather scene, so it was indoors again. Three miles on the indoor track as I prepare for a 29 mile weekend. Should be fun.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:46 am

Got in a great run this morning!!! 9 miles at a 7:46 average pace...I am starting to feel fast again and my legs are getting back that snap. That feeling makes running fun and I miss it. Hopefully it only gets better from here on out. Tomorrow is my first 20 miler since last fall. Now What To Do??? - Page 6 4044942068Now What To Do??? - Page 6 4044942068
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:04 pm

I forgot to mention that my 20 miler tomorrow will be in the rain. At least tomorrow's high is near 60...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:51 pm

Geez, Nick. That's a lot of dismal, gray weather. Are you sure continental drift didn't move Madison closer to the North Pacific? Hope tomorrow's 20-miler goes well.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:07 pm

Mark B wrote:Geez, Nick. That's a lot of dismal, gray weather. Are you sure continental drift didn't move Madison closer to the North Pacific? Hope tomorrow's 20-miler goes well.

Trust me, that is what I was thinking, too. I actually said that I feel like I am in Seattle, but without the great views.

Thanks!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:41 pm

20 miles in the books. The first 20 miler since last fall. I felt very good during the entire run, but the last two miles is when fatigue started to set in. It alwas seems like the last two miles of a long run are the toughest. But i pushed on through and finished 20.40 miles with an average pace of 8:32. My heart rate was low at 135 for an average. My goal was just to make it through, as I didn't want to push it on my first one. Also, the rain held off, but the wind didn't it was really cold as it blew off of the lake. But then it was really warm when it was at my back. I guess running is all about give and take.

Mini taper this week, as I prepare for a 50k relay on Saturday. Teams consist of five members and each person does a lap (6.2mi/10K) around the University of Wisconsin Arboretum (if you recall from earlier posts this is the same route where the turkey almost ran me over). Should be fun!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:46 pm

Nice that the rain held off for you. And good job keeping the effort level reasonable. Killing yourself doesn't really help on these long runs, especially this early in the game.

The relay sounds fun, but watch out for turkeys!
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:57 pm

Mark B wrote:Nice that the rain held off for you. And good job keeping the effort level reasonable. Killing yourself doesn't really help on these long runs, especially this early in the game.

The relay sounds fun, but watch out for turkeys!

The only turkeys are gonna be people/teams that I pass!!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:42 pm

I am still in shock from the events that took place this afternoon. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families. I am glad that all of the 365ers are safe and accounted for.

Today was an off day, with weight training as a cross train.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:29 pm

More laps at the gym tonight after some weight training. An easy three miles as I get ready for a 50k relay race on Saturday. Getting faster everyday...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:01 pm

Good luck this weekend, Nick, really put all your effort into it, I feel you are ready for a breakthrough, and you are already fast to begin with.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum