365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now What To Do???

+19
jon c
nkrichards
Seth Harrison
Dave Wolfe
Chris M
JohnP
Kenny B.
mul21
Mark B
fostever
mountandog
Ben Z
Julie
John Kilpatrick
Bob
dot520
Jerry
Michele "1L" Keane
Nick Morris
23 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Now What To Do??? - Page 4 Empty Re: Now What To Do???

Post  Dave Wolfe Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:23 pm

8 miles loooks like you are coming back.
Dave Wolfe
Dave Wolfe
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:40 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:Woo hoo!!! I made it through eight miles with nothing to worry about cheers

FYI...-10 degree wind chills suck ass!!!

Woohoo! Cold here, but no real wind in the valley.

Dave Wolfe wrote:8 miles loooks like you are coming back.

Thanks Michele and Dave! I think I may have turned the corner and gotten over this one.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:44 pm

So, another 8 miles this morning. That is back to back days of 8 miles and no discomfort in the knee to speak of. I finished the week with a total of 19 miles. Not much, but considering that I had only ran a total of 7 miles the previous two weeks, it is leaps and bounds. It looks like I my have finally shook this injury and now I need to get back to it. Next week I will slowly add in some more miles and hope to break the 25 mile barrier. I am only three weeks behind in my training. I will never be able to make it up, but what I can do is make the rest of the training, the best that I can make it...Here's to running Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:48 pm

Nice! Here's hoping your ramp-up to 25 miles goes as smoothly as this past week.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:28 am

I got a good four miles in this morning at a 7:37 pace after a day of cross training/recovery. Time to get more consistency out of my running...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:33 pm

Hey Nick, I'm glad to see the knee issue is not major. I didn't see that you've settled on a Spring marathon. I just wanted to let you know that the Run for the Red Poconos Marathon (my first marathon in '07) is a very fast course, and a well organized small marathon. It's rated as one of the best marathons to BQ in the country, and I highly recommend it. The only thing I'd say is that there aren't a tremendous amount of hotel rooms in the area, and a buddy of mine who's registered for it told me that he's having some trouble finding a room.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:11 pm

Seth Harrison wrote:Hey Nick, I'm glad to see the knee issue is not major. I didn't see that you've settled on a Spring marathon. I just wanted to let you know that the Run for the Red Poconos Marathon (my first marathon in '07) is a very fast course, and a well organized small marathon. It's rated as one of the best marathons to BQ in the country, and I highly recommend it. The only thing I'd say is that there aren't a tremendous amount of hotel rooms in the area, and a buddy of mine who's registered for it told me that he's having some trouble finding a room.

With the knee issue setting me back a couple of weeks, I am still up in the air in regards to which of the three to choose. I am going to wait and see how my training goes before committing to anything. I know that the Pocono race is not that far from Wilkes-Barre. Maybe your buddy should look there for a room. It's a 40 minute drive, but if he is like me, he will be up early on race day anyways Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:13 pm

A great workout this evening, as I got in another four mile run. I also got to incorporate some of the weight training workouts that Rupp uses in my lower body/core routine Smile Another four miles tomorrow morning before a day off on Friday. I also have another 20 miles scheduled for the weekend. If all goes well, that will put me at 32 for the week. That's a little more than the middle 20s that I was shooting for, but physically I am feeling good. Also, I am not really pushing the pace. I am just trying to get time back on my legs.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:22 pm

I'm really glad this issue was just a temporary blip.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:20 am

JohnP wrote:I'm really glad this issue was just a temporary blip.

Thanks John...I am really glad, too Wink
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:06 am

Pounded out another four miles this morning at a 7:33 pace. I really can't wait to see my times when I drop the extra ten pounds that I am carrying around. I am now off until Saturday morning.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:55 am

An easy 8 miles this morning. I say easy, because now that I am back to consistantlly running, my fitness level is getting better by the minute. I am planning on running 12 tomorrow. The forecast is calling for low to mid 40s and rain, so it should be adventurous, to say the least. I hope everyone is doing well Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:42 pm

A beautiful run today in horrible weather. Temps were in the upper 30s with freezing rain and rain showers. The first half of the run had some suspect footing, but as the temps rose and the precipitation turned to all rain, the footing got extremely better. I was planning on running 12 miles, but actually went a little farther. I ended up running 13.35 miles and am happy to report that the knee was totally fine. I can now say that I have gotten past all of that and now can focus on putting in the miles. I came into the week wanting to put in 25 or so miles for the week and I actually put in a little over 33 miles for the week. I can definitely say that I did not lose much fitness over my three week layoff from running. But My legs were a little heavy at the end of the run, so they need to get more time on them Smile

Tomorrow I am hopping on a plane (hopefully) and heading to NYC until Wednesday afternoon. I say hopefully, because our rain may change over to light snow tonight and the northeast just got pounded with a big snow storm.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:18 pm

So, Monday through Wednesday I was in NYC for work. I was able to get a four mile run in on Tuesday morning. It ws the hotel treadmill, but it was the best I could do. While in NYC, I did get to see Ground Zero, which is something that I really wanted to do...Oh and the client meeting went well, too Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:20 pm

Tonight there was just enough sunlight for me to get in a 4.5 miler at a 7:31 pace after work. It felt good to be back outside after work and still have it be light out (daylight savings sucks!!!) I got a good weekend of running scheduled and I am excited to get the miles in Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  dot520 Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:27 pm

March 11th to change the clocks!! It's not that far off. Can't wait for some later evening myself.
dot520
dot520
Top 10 Poster Emeritus
Top 10 Poster Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:04 pm

dot520 wrote:March 11th to change the clocks!! It's not that far off. Can't wait for some later evening myself.

+1
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:12 pm

8 miles this morning...on a chilly morning where the wind chill was around 0 degrees fahrenheit!! On top of that, I almost got run over by a tom turkey Smile I guess that is what I get for running around the UW Arboretum Smile I completed the 8 miles with a 7:36 pace, which is the fastest that I have ran 8 miles in a while. I fetlt really good until the last couple of miles, but I ground out the final mile and a half or so. The run felt great Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:16 pm

Loved that arboretum when I ran the marathon there - it was wicked hot, but it was cool during the miles through there. Beautiful too.

Seems like the knee trouble might be behind you - yeah!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:34 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:Loved that arboretum when I ran the marathon there - it was wicked hot, but it was cool during the miles through there. Beautiful too.

Seems like the knee trouble might be behind you - yeah!
Shhh, don't jinx it Wink
j/k...I think it is...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:37 pm

Nick Morris wrote:8 miles this morning...on a chilly morning where the wind chill was around 0 degrees fahrenheit!! On top of that, I almost got run over by a tom turkey Smile I guess that is what I get for running around the UW Arboretum Smile I completed the 8 miles with a 7:36 pace, which is the fastest that I have ran 8 miles in a while. I fetlt really good until the last couple of miles, but I ground out the final mile and a half or so. The run felt great Smile

Solid pace on a very cold day Nick. In cold temps like that it usually takes me about 3 miles before I can nail my pace. Glad to see the knee wasn't a factor, and even happier that both you the turkey lived to fight another day.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:28 pm

Seth Harrison wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:8 miles this morning...on a chilly morning where the wind chill was around 0 degrees fahrenheit!! On top of that, I almost got run over by a tom turkey Smile I guess that is what I get for running around the UW Arboretum Smile I completed the 8 miles with a 7:36 pace, which is the fastest that I have ran 8 miles in a while. I fetlt really good until the last couple of miles, but I ground out the final mile and a half or so. The run felt great Smile

Solid pace on a very cold day Nick. In cold temps like that it usually takes me about 3 miles before I can nail my pace. Glad to see the knee wasn't a factor, and even happier that both you the turkey lived to fight another day.

Thanks Seth. I seem to be able to hit my pace pretty fast. Normally within the first mile or so.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:31 pm

I got in 4.25 miles tonight at a 7:41 pace. I figured that I would head outside, because we have snow coming tomorrow night. That means that Thursday and Friday nights are out of the equation. I will probably get up early tomorrow morning to get in one more run outside before the weekend. 23 days until I am in Arizona Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:20 am

Damn it was cold this morning!! I think a -3 windchill feels even colder when it is the dark of morning before the rest of the world wakes up. Anyways, I got in another 4.25 miles. It's my last run before the weekend and on clear sidewalks as Winter Storm Q heads our way. I guess we are supposed to get around 4 inches of snow late tonight and tomorrow. Is it May yet??????
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:15 pm

Fyi...I AM SICK OF SNOW AND WINTER!!
Got in an easy 8 miles this morning and have 16 tomorrow. The 24 mile weekend will be the most that I have put in months. Keep on moving forward...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum