365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brooks Launch is Back!!!!!!!

5 posters

Go down

Brooks Launch is Back!!!!!!! Empty Brooks Launch is Back!!!!!!!

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:45 pm

Yeah, we win!!!!!!! Chris M - you need to see this!

http://talk.brooksrunning.com/2012/12/18/you-asked-we-listened-the-launch-is-coming-back/

Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Brooks Launch is Back!!!!!!! Empty Re: Brooks Launch is Back!!!!!!!

Post  Chris M Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:16 pm

Yes! I'm very happy to hear this. I thought it was so strange that they discontinued it because so many runners I had heard from loved it and I've heard so many more mixed things (some love, some hate) about the Pure line of shoes from Brooks. But kudos to Brooks for listening to its fans and reversing a decision. That takes smarts and guts and I'll reward them by buying a bunch of Launch 2s when they come out. Maybe the shoe is not for everyone - it has never sold big numbers - but for me it is the best combination out there of comfortable cushioning and still being lightweight enough for me to use. My go to daily training shoe and I can end efforts to find a replacement.
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:44 pm

I went over to Marathon sports (on Boyleston near the Boston finish line), and they had this blog page posted. According to the manager, his loyal launch customers will be ecstatic.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:28 am

sign me up. love the launch. I use them more often when i'm kinda beat up and need more of a ride.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  carleenp Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:24 pm

How does the launch compare to the ghost? I had thought about trying it before they said they were discontinuing it. It seems like a comparable shoe but perhaps a little lighter?
carleenp
carleenp
Regular
Regular

http://beautyandfashiontech.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:41 am

carleenp wrote:How does the launch compare to the ghost? I had thought about trying it before they said they were discontinuing it. It seems like a comparable shoe but perhaps a little lighter?

The Launch is lighter and somewhat minimal. Ghost is more robust. I've worn them both, and favor the Ghost, which is my current "go to" shoe, but I can see the attraction of the Launch. I was wearing the Launch in my only DNF, so decided they were cursed and foreswore them. But they had nothing to do with why I DNF'd. You can run a comparision at Brook's website www.brooksrunning.com. I tried to capture the results and post them here, but did not finish...
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris M Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:33 am

The Launch is much lighter. 9.3 versus 10.7 ounces. For me I use the somewhat arbitrary cutoff of 10 ounces. Over time, i've found that I am not comfortable running in shoes heavier than 10 ounces. It starts to alter my stride and I feel very awkward in heavy shoes. But at the same time, I need cushioning and protection for the vast majority of my runs. I would burn out and get injured quickly doing all my training in racing flats. The Launch is the best thing I've found for those every day runs where cushioning and comfort are the key for me. Geez, I sound like Tim McGuire now doing ads for Brooks! Ha ha. But its a great shoe - I do love it.
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:59 am

I actually where the Launch for both training and middle-long distance racing (half to full marathons). I found that I cannot wear a much lighter shoe than the Launch for running a full although, I do often wear more of a racing flat (than can accommodate my orthotics) for a half.

I actually rotate between the Launch, the Defyance, and the Ghost for training purposes. I wear the lighter Launch if I am doing a tempo run or even speedwork.

My only complaint with the Lauch is that I often get only 180-200 miles out of a pair whereas I get closer to 300 miles with the Defyance and Ghost. (Yes, I wear down the outside corner of my right shoe quickly (higher hip on that side due to my scoliosis) so I do not get as many miles as most people out of shoes).
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down