365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

Post  Mark B on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:52 pm

Hi, Jordan! Welcome!

Isn't it amazing how our interests change once we get out there? Congrats on the races so far (and don't be modest - 2:02 for a first half marathon is quite respectable), and good luck training for St. Jude.

There's a lot of accumulated experience in our group, so if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:38 pm

Howdy, Jordon.  Welcome to our sleepy, little hamlet on the internet.  Questions are welcome and are free for the first 300,000 questions (or 50,000 posts whichever comes first).

And you're about an hour faster than me, but keep an eye in your rear view mirror while you're running.
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:58 pm

Welcome Jordan!!  It sounds like you are becoming a running addict, like the rest of us here.  Good luck with training for your first marathon.  You will learn so much and remember that we are here to answer any questions that you may have Smile
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris M on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:37 pm

Congrats on the weight loss and the HM time.  Do us a favor and start some threads which ask some questions you want the gang here to opine on.  You'll find we don't have a universal or sometimes even consensus view on topics but the debates can be interesting and fun.  We used to do more of them and I wish there were more open threads like that.  Throw out questions like:

What's a good pace for long runs?

What exactly is a "tempo" run?

Gels/Carbs on long runs or not?

What's the best way to pace a marathon/HM/10K etc.

Shoe questions of every kind....heavy shoes, minimalist shoes, changing shoes, barefoot running

Stride questions about arm swing and foot landing and anything else you can think of

Is doing other races good practice leading up to a goal race?

Music or no music while running (this one can get heated)

Treadmill or is it "Dreadmill"

Best mental tricks to stay motivated and on the training schedule?

Mo Miles Mo Miles or Cross Training or Days Off?

Shoot, there are so many more questions and I feel like all of 365ers should be re-asking open ended questions like that while we've got a community of runners to kick the topics around with.

EDIT - the more I think about it, the more we need to lean on a 365er picked at random......MARK B!   Mark, you have been selected to write a series of Friday Thread questions!  Congrats, Mark!  What, you weren't going to run anyway....gotta rest after 50 miles!  Get to it!
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:35 pm

Chris M wrote:The more I think about it, the more we need to lean on a 365er picked at random......MARK B!   Mark, you have been selected to write a series of Friday Thread questions!  Congrats, Mark!  What, you weren't going to run anyway....gotta rest after 50 miles!  Get to it!

Random, huh? Riiggghhht.

Anyway, it's up. Have fun!
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12