365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nike Frees...sigh

4 posters

Go down

Nike Frees...sigh Empty Nike Frees...sigh

Post  Ben Z Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:09 pm

Can someone please explain to me:

1. Why the Nike Frees are so expensive?
  2. Why the Nike Free 5.0s are now $100 and the Nike Free 3.0s are $110? Isn't the 3.0 the same shoe, just less material? And it costs more?

In fact, the 5.0 now has flywire and 3.0 does not. I just don't get it...

Sigh...
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Nike Frees...sigh Empty Re: Nike Frees...sigh

Post  Dave-O Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:49 pm

It's no secret I'm a Nike fanboy, but I agree that the price increase in the last 2 years is frustrating. There's simply no way the Frees should cost $100+. On the other hand, I'm sure they see people paying $100+ to run "barefoot" in Vibrams and can't help but join the fun.

I have heard some negative reviews on the new 5's. The upper is supposedly clunky and not comfortable. The new 3's have Flyknit (which take a long time to produce; I've been told 28 minutes for per shoe for Flyknit racers) which explains the higher price.

Nike.com clearance has last year's 3.0's for about $70...
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:25 pm

It always seems like the Nike shoes are so high priced. There are times when you can get them cheap at running warehouse. But since we are on the topic of Nike shoes, I can remember saying a while back that I wouldn't pay 150 bucks for their Flyknit trainer or racer.

Well a while back I said I have to find out what the big deal is, so I bought a pair of the trainers. First I have to admit the first Nike shoe that is wide enough in the toe box for me. I believe it is the fact of the Flyknit to where the shoe fits like a sock and forms to the foot if that makes sense.

I just love this shoe and as much as I would like to find it on sale or for Nike to bring the price down I will pay the 150 for the shoe!! Again just love running in them. I'm thinking about picking up a pair of the racers to see how I like them. But yes finally a Nike shoe that not only fits my foot but in my opinion is the best shoe that Nike is making.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:55 pm

Schuey wrote:It always seems like the Nike shoes are so high priced. There are times when you can get them cheap at running warehouse. But since we are on the topic of Nike shoes, I can remember saying a while back that I wouldn't pay 150 bucks for their Flyknit trainer or racer.

Well a while back I said I have to find out what the big deal is, so I bought a pair of the trainers. First I have to admit the first Nike shoe that is wide enough in the toe box for me. I believe it is the fact of the Flyknit to where the shoe fits like a sock and forms to the foot if that makes sense.

I just love this shoe and as much as I would like to find it on sale or for Nike to bring the price down I will pay the 150 for the shoe!! Again just love running in them. I'm thinking about picking up a pair of the racers to see how I like them. But yes finally a Nike shoe that not only fits my foot but in my opinion is the best shoe that Nike is making.

Interesting. Width has always been an issue for me with Nike racing/training shoes. Maybe I'll have to go try on a pair of the Flyknits and see how they fit.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down