365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Speedway Boogie

+19
T Miller
John Kilpatrick
mountandog
ounce
Jerry
Dave-O
Penelope
Alex Kubacki
JohnP
Julie
Michele "1L" Keane
fostever
Nick Morris
Chris M
Mike MacLellan
Paula Sue
Mark B
Matt W
Schuey
23 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

New Speedway Boogie - Page 3 Empty Re: New Speedway Boogie

Post  Schuey Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:44 pm

John Kilpatrick wrote:"See, I’m a truly believer that future success comes more from present failures more times then from past success"

That is an awesome quote. 

Gratz on the recent races - I can't relate, but I do understand that you would not have accepted a DNF very well (nothing against them, I just know how you are).  You are blessed to truly have a team of 2 (or three) to work with on a tough day like that.  

How's the leg?
Yes that is an awesome quote!

Thanks for the congrats, yeah I have never DNF in a race and to be honest I don't plan on it. Same goes for next Saturday in Maryland, I can promise if I start JFK I will finish it (unless I was truly injured and would do grave harm to myself)! With that being said yes John you know me well I would not handle or take it very well, it's not in my nature and to be honest it never will be. Like you said nothing wrong with it and I understand why people do but for me I'm just wired in a very very strange way. 

Leg is feeling much better! See above post, the young Dr. Graham (32) is awesome!!! I'm glad Lisa meet him at Fleet feet a few weeks ago. I went in and talked with him and explained things that are going on and he has been great. I forgot to add not only have we been working on the legs but also loosening up the lower back and my hips. they have been so locked up that it has been affecting things. I have a pretty good feeling that this next training cycle for Boston is going to be the one that breaks me out of my running rut. I will go as far as to say if everything goes to plan I will not only break my 2:49 marathon PR that I set in Boston, I'm going to smash it!! 

Thanks for stopping in buddy!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  T Miller Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:04 am

Hey Schuey, I'm sorry to hear about your Achilles.  It sounds like it may be completely recovered for the race.  Let's hope so.

I've been battling with an Achilles problem myself.  It started off with my hamstring, which worked it's way into my plantar both of which never became too bad.  I've had my chiropractor working on those problems and then the Achilles popped up after my Monumental race 2 weeks ago.  I hope to be recovered in time to have a good JFK but I'm not sure about the Achilles and the limited training these last couple weeks.

Time will tell but It seems that we're all banged up a bit.

See you in a week regardless.
T Miller
T Miller
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris M Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:46 pm

Hey Pocky Way, when are you coming to town? Call me and let's get details squared away although it doesn't really matter.  Show up whenever you want and stay for as long as you like.  Is your new cat coming too?   Not a problem if so but we'll have to keep an eye on Juliet so she doesn't eat the cat and probably keep them separated when we are not around.  Kevin tells me I'm running the last 11-13 miles in with you.  I'll be honored to do it and you just figure out what you want me to carry for you etc.  Rest up that Achillies.
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:18 pm

T Miller wrote:Hey Schuey, I'm sorry to hear about your Achilles.  It sounds like it may be completely recovered for the race.  Let's hope so.

I've been battling with an Achilles problem myself.  It started off with my hamstring, which worked it's way into my plantar both of which never became too bad.  I've had my chiropractor working on those problems and then the Achilles popped up after my Monumental race 2 weeks ago.  I hope to be recovered in time to have a good JFK but I'm not sure about the Achilles and the limited training these last couple weeks.

Time will tell but It seems that we're all banged up a bit.

See you in a week regardless.

Yeah it sounds like we are both a little banged up! Along with Michael but hey it's all good I'm sure we all will make the best of it. Just goes to show that is how it plays out, but then again being an ultra runner some times means sucking it up a little and just getting it down. 

Like you I would have wished to have a much better training cycle but again will have to make due with what I have done. I know I will give it 100% and it might not be the time I'm looking for but I do know that I will gain more knowledge, mental toughness and strength  and learn more about running the 50 mile distance. To me that will be just as valuable as running a great time. All thoughts little things will add up and when the time is right things will fall in plays at a future race!

Look so forward to see you and Wendy! Be too long my man!!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:23 pm

Chris M wrote:Hey Pocky Way, when are you coming to town? Call me and let's get details squared away although it doesn't really matter.  Show up whenever you want and stay for as long as you like.  Is your new cat coming too?   Not a problem if so but we'll have to keep an eye on Juliet so she doesn't eat the cat and probably keep them separated when we are not around.  Kevin tells me I'm running the last 11-13 miles in with you.  I'll be honored to do it and you just figure out what you want me to carry for you etc.  Rest up that Achillies.
Well we were going to leave on Wednesday but I'm now going to work Wednesday night. So, we have been kicking around the idea of either leaving when I get off work at 1am or leaving early in the morning and make the straight through drive to your house. Stay with you guys Thursday night and then head to the hotel on Friday. We will either leave some time Sunday or maybe even early Monday morning (lean more towards that) since I don't have to be back to work until Tuesday night.

Hmm maybe we will bring the cat along so we don't have to worry about him staying home by himself and having our neighbor watch him. I'll talk to Lisa about that. I will give you a call later this evening or tomorrow morning brohammer! 

That would be awesome you and I running to the finish line together total look forward to it. And to you laughing your ass off at me towards the end!!! 

Hey "Don't Let that Deal go down"!!!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:36 pm

Schuey wrote:
John Kilpatrick wrote:"See, I’m a truly believer that future success comes more from present failures more times then from past success"

That is an awesome quote. 

Gratz on the recent races - I can't relate, but I do understand that you would not have accepted a DNF very well (nothing against them, I just know how you are).  You are blessed to truly have a team of 2 (or three) to work with on a tough day like that.  

How's the leg?
Yes that is an awesome quote!

Thanks for the congrats, yeah I have never DNF in a race and to be honest I don't plan on it. Same goes for next Saturday in Maryland, I can promise if I start JFK I will finish it (unless I was truly injured and would do grave harm to myself)! With that being said yes John you know me well I would not handle or take it very well, it's not in my nature and to be honest it never will be. Like you said nothing wrong with it and I understand why people do but for me I'm just wired in a very very strange way. 

Leg is feeling much better! See above post, the young Dr. Graham (32) is awesome!!! I'm glad Lisa meet him at Fleet feet a few weeks ago. I went in and talked with him and explained things that are going on and he has been great. I forgot to add not only have we been working on the legs but also loosening up the lower back and my hips. they have been so locked up that it has been affecting things. I have a pretty good feeling that this next training cycle for Boston is going to be the one that breaks me out of my running rut. I will go as far as to say if everything goes to plan I will not only break my 2:49 marathon PR that I set in Boston, I'm going to smash it!! 

Thanks for stopping in buddy!
OK, but ya gonna have to train with me this winter for that to happen, remember what you told me at La Scarola!
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:39 pm

Couple of runs to post from using my new 620.

Yesterday 10.29 miles

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/404608967

Today good 1 hour run good for 8.50 miles.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/405010912
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:45 pm

Nice runs, and cool stats! "Ground Contact Time"? That's wild.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:51 pm

Mark B wrote:Nice runs, and cool stats! "Ground Contact Time"? That's wild.
Yeah it's pretty cool seeing this new data. Now I just have to learn how to process it all and use it to help become a better runner. Fun stuff thought!!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:55 pm

fostever wrote:
Schuey wrote: I have a pretty good feeling that this next training cycle for Boston is going to be the one that breaks me out of my running rut. I will go as far as to say if everything goes to plan I will not only break my 2:49 marathon PR that I set in Boston, I'm going to smash it!! 
OK, but ya gonna have to train with me this winter for that to happen, remember what you told me at La Scarola!
HaHa Foster dude! I have not forgot about what I told you at La Scarola! I plan on doing a good amount of running with you, I'm not joking I'm go back to old school Bull! There is no doubt that I'm letting if Fing rip in Boston this coming Spring. There will be NO IF, ANDS or BUTS this coming year PEROID!!!!!! All about put up or shut up!!!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:59 pm

Schuey wrote:Couple of runs to post from using my new 620.

Yesterday 10.29 miles

This is my first run with the 620.  Look at some of the differences.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/405407740

1) look how much tighter the data points are on my graph.  Wonder why?
2) I run between 6-8cm on vertical vs. your 10-11 -- hmmm -- does this mean anything
3) I have 270ms per stride vs your 240 hmmmmm does this mean anything.  Your pace was about 30 sec faster per mile.  Maybe that has something to do with it.

I am curious why my graphs visibly look different.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:14 pm

I like the new metrics!!  I am a data geek, so I am excited.  I want a full review after you get a couple months with it.  That way I will know if there are any bugs/nuances with this new version.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:02 pm

Cool stuff!  I hope mine comes this week so you can show me how to use it effectively.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:09 pm

mountandog wrote:
Schuey wrote:Couple of runs to post from using my new 620.

Yesterday 10.29 miles

This is my first run with the 620.  Look at some of the differences.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/405407740

1) look how much tighter the data points are on my graph.  Wonder why?
2) I run between 6-8cm on vertical vs. your 10-11 -- hmmm -- does this mean anything
3) I have 270ms per stride vs your 240 hmmmmm does this mean anything.  Your pace was about 30 sec faster per mile.  Maybe that has something to do with it.

I am curious why my graphs visibly look different.
Hey Michael

1. I noticed that you updated yours to 2.30 and I just did that the other night and for my runs I was on version 2.20. Not sure if this is the reason your data looks tighter. If you scroll down and look at the charts for dcrainmakers review(http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/09/garmins-running-watches.html), you can see his charts are spread out and if more so then mine. So I'm not sure why this is, guess something to look into.

2.  This means that you are more efficient at moving forward then myself. The more vertical movement while running is wasted energy. Another words I'm not as smooth as you and that I'm bouncing more from one stride to the other. This can be seen by the fact that you have higher stride rate then myself. Cadence is something that I have been working on and have become better and more efficient over the years but still need to work on. Also by reducing vertical oscillation you lessen the stress and impact on the body.  

3. Yes would assume you are correct by saying that your ground contact number is higher then mine due to the slower pace. It would make sense to me that with a faster pace there would less contact time with the ground.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:11 pm

Nick Morris wrote:I like the new metrics!!  I am a data geek, so I am excited.  I want a full review after you get a couple months with it.  That way I will know if there are any bugs/nuances with this new version.
Well keep you updated Nick. I plan on doing some type of longer write up on the watch at some point next week. It gives me a chance to run with it for a week plus run the JFK.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:30 pm

Schuey wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:I like the new metrics!!  I am a data geek, so I am excited.  I want a full review after you get a couple months with it.  That way I will know if there are any bugs/nuances with this new version.
Well keep you updated Nick. I plan on doing some type of longer write up on the watch at some point next week. It gives me a chance to run with it for a week plus run the JFK.
you think it will last the approx 8 hours for JFK?
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:47 pm

mountandog wrote:
Schuey wrote:
you think it will last the approx 8 hours for JFK?
Yes. My 610 last for JFK the last time I ran it and if I'm not mistaken I ran my 610 for 8 1/2 hours. So, I would be completely surprised if the 620 didn't last longer then 8 hours.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:20 pm

Well that's it last run before JFK 50 complete. Nice easy 4 miles with Chris this morning! 

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/407377997
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:06 pm

Go get 'em!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:22 pm

see you in the morning.  hope I can keep up with you.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris M Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:33 pm

Schuey wrote:Well that's it last run before JFK 50 complete. Nice easy 4 miles with Chris this morning! 

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/407377997
Hey, I know that route!  Pretty cool data.  I think I need to ask for a Garmin 620 for Christmas...

See you in the morning, buddy!  It's gonna be a fun day!
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:04 pm

Time to rock and roll, Schuey! Have a great time out there tomorrow.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:59 pm

Almost time to run for the roses!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:01 pm

mountandog wrote:see you in the morning.  hope I can keep up with you.
Yep see you in the morning. I'm pretty sure both you and Tim will completely kick my ass tomorrow! Enjoy your run.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:25 pm

Congrats my friend, heard good things 'bout 'yall!
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum