365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boston Marathon Registration

+7
Chris M
Schuey
Jerry
Diego
KBFitz
Michele "1L" Keane
mountandog
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Boston Marathon Registration - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston Marathon Registration

Post  mountandog Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:43 pm

but my real question is should my eldest son run a Sept race?  He has a BQ -0:42 sec.  If yes, then he has to figure out which one, hence the concern over the registration date.  I agree MVW that it is not in the interest of the BAA to push back registration at all.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:36 pm

mountandog wrote:but my real question is should my eldest son run a Sept race?  He has a BQ -0:42 sec.  If yes, then he has to figure out which one, hence the concern over the registration date.  I agree MVW that it is not in the interest of the BAA to push back registration at all.
 Does he live in Michigan?  Then Erie, PA isn't a far drive and it is a fast course.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris M Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:50 pm

mountandog wrote:but my real question is should my eldest son run a Sept race?  He has a BQ -0:42 sec.  If yes, then he has to figure out which one, hence the concern over the registration date.  I agree MVW that it is not in the interest of the BAA to push back registration at all.
 I think he does not NEED to and shouldn't if he's at all worried about the distance setting back his training.  Seems like i'm in the minority but I don't follow the logic of the numbers at all that would support the idea that any BQ time does not getting in during regular registration this year.  To be super safe, obviously faster is better but I think its overkill if he's already sitting on a BQ.
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2