365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

woodstock running in MI

4 posters

Go down

woodstock running in MI Empty woodstock running in MI

Post  amyjoann Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:11 pm

Is anyone running the woodstock event in Hellcreek Ranch in Pinckney MI . I'm running the half then crewing Dick Canterbury for his last loop of his 100 miler this will be his 5th 100 miler this year:D .
amyjoann
amyjoann
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

woodstock running in MI Empty Re: woodstock running in MI

Post  Nick Morris Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:19 pm

amyjoann wrote:Is anyone running the woodstock event in Hellcreek Ranch in Pinckney MI . I'm running the half then crewing Dick Canterbury for his last loop of his 100 miler this will be his 5th 100 miler this year:D .

I am not, but my friends are doing the 5k, half, and full...I think that they are nuts!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  amyjoann Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:56 pm

I think they will fit in just fine it's looks very fun! If I ever get crazy and brave enough to do a fifty I think it will here:lol:
amyjoann
amyjoann
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:27 pm

amyjoann wrote:I think they will fit in just fine it's looks very fun! If I ever get crazy and brave enough to do a fifty I think it will here:lol:
How did it go?  Were you crazy enough to do the "Natural" 5k?
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:48 pm

I do a lot of my training runs in Pinckney and on the Potto. Actually will be running DWD there this weekend. Love the place and we always camp at the Crooked Lake camp ground. If you like it there you should do running fits trail marathon weekend in April. I'm thinking about doing the half on Saturday and then the 50k the next day. I did this in 2011 a week in half after Boston! Lots of fun.

Randy puts on a great race and at a very good price!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:57 pm

Schuey wrote:I do a lot of my training runs in Pinckney and on the Potto. Actually will be running DWD there this weekend. Love the place and we always camp at the Crooked Lake camp ground. If you like it there you should do running fits trail marathon weekend in April. I'm thinking about doing the half on Saturday and then the 50k the next day. I did this in 2011 a week in half after Boston! Lots of fun.

Randy puts on a great race and at a very good price!
Hmm...I may be interested in running the half next year.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:48 am

The poto is close to me.  surprised I've never got out there to do it.  I have relatives that have houses and cottages on Little Crooked Lake (officially known as East Crooked) so I know the are well.  Enjoy you guys.  I will have to look at the 2014 schedule and get one of those runs in.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  amyjoann Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:20 pm

The run was so awesome beautiful out there,my friend tracy and I did the half first then I waited for Dick Canterbury to come by on his last loop He completed the grand slam + 1 of 100 milers this year amazing Hes 65,he had over 2 hours left before the cutoff time. I didn't realize how long I would be out there I was up for 20 hours and was real tired I got 30 miles in also . As for the "natural run" I heard all about them I didn't participate but the people that did were treated to an open bar in the middle of it. They said they literally stood around naked for and hour and drank Very Happy. I saw the sign for the naked run on the way back and we heard people laughing real loud but we stayed on course and didn't partake. It was a fun fun atmosphere I would like to stay the night next time after and have fun
amyjoann
amyjoann
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:50 pm

amyjoann wrote:The run was so awesome beautiful out there,my friend tracy and I did the half first then I waited for Dick Canterbury to come by on his last loop He completed the grand slam + 1 of 100 milers this year amazing Hes 65,he had over 2 hours left before the cutoff time. I didn't realize how long I would be out there I was up for 20 hours and was real tired I got 30 miles in also . As for the "natural run" I heard all about them I didn't participate but the people that did were treated to an open bar in the middle of it. They said they literally stood around naked for and hour and drank Very Happy. I saw the sign for the naked run on the way back and we heard people laughing real loud but we stayed on course and didn't partake. It was a fun fun atmosphere I would like to stay the night next time after and have fun
My friends had a blast.  They did camp overnight, as they did the 5k, half, and full.  They didn't do the "natural run" either, but was wondering why it took over an hour to complete a 5k Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down