365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite race signs and shouts and music

+7
mul21
Jordan S.
Michele "1L" Keane
Nick Morris
JohnP
carleenp
rhondda h
11 posters

Go down

Favorite race signs and shouts and music Empty Favorite race signs and shouts and music

Post  rhondda h Wed May 07, 2014 8:57 am

An inaugural marathon is taking place this weekend in my hometown, the Starved Rock Marathon, anyone running? 

Because I can no longer run marathons I thought I would try to give back (harder emotionally than I thought, even the
volunteer meeting was tough, but trying to move on) and have volunteered to captain an aid station.

We have permission to decorate and play music.

Could you please share the signs, music, or shouted encouragement that you have most enjoyed in your prior races?

If it helps with ideas, we will be the first aid station after they crest a ridiculous hill  a couple of miles prior to them heading back down.

Would it be politically incorrect to have a sign that says ...Run Like a Starving Indian is chasing you!   ???

Thanks for your help. I miss you all and racing so much.

Mulling another talk with the dr. about my limits.  If only I could be content with being so much slower, maybe, just
maybe..... Very Happy
rhondda h
rhondda h

Back to top Go down

Favorite race signs and shouts and music Empty Re: Favorite race signs and shouts and music

Post  carleenp Wed May 07, 2014 10:19 am

I saw that they were doing a marathon there. Very cool! I always get a kick out of the sign "smile if you peed your pants." I also always like "run total stranger run."

Music: REO Roll with the Changes is an awesome running song. Born to Run is a classic. Holding out for a Hero (Glee version) is my current fav.
carleenp
carleenp
Regular
Regular

http://beautyandfashiontech.com

Back to top Go down

Favorite race signs and shouts and music Empty Re: Favorite race signs and shouts and music

Post  JohnP Wed May 07, 2014 10:27 am

Good to hear from you, Rhondda! I'm just glad you've made it through what you have, maybe at some point in the future you can race again. Just blame any slower performance on getting older.

Please don't have a sign that says "You're almost there!" - I still hate that unless we're in mile 25. For myself, any sign that gets a chuckle is good or something positive like "You Rock!"
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed May 07, 2014 10:28 am

You could play rock music and have signs that say "You Rock!" or "Rock On Runners".

Staying with that theme, you could play Journey over and over again with signs that say "Don't Stop Believing".
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed May 07, 2014 10:53 am

I always like "This was a good idea 6 months ago". 

Good to hear from you and good to know you are doing better.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jordan S. Wed May 07, 2014 1:29 pm

I wouldn't suggest this one but I saw it on two occasions in Nashville. "If a marathon was easy, it would be called your mother"
The "worst parade ever" signs were abundant there along with a lot of "run total stranger run" signs.
There was one woman there that held a sign that said "run like you stole something" It turned really funny when a runner in front of me actually stole the sign out of her hand and kept going!
Jordan S.
Jordan S.

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Wed May 07, 2014 1:50 pm

"Longest 10K warm up ever!"
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Wed May 07, 2014 1:59 pm

"Bring It Home!" in the very late miles of cause
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Wed May 07, 2014 8:27 pm

I saw someone with "Run Bitches!" Got a lot of laughs.
Bob
Bob
Lord Bobby
Lord Bobby

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu May 08, 2014 10:24 am

"If you can read all of this sign before you pass me, you need to speed up."
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu May 08, 2014 11:17 am

mul21 wrote:"Longest 10K warm up ever!"

I like this one Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Thu May 08, 2014 11:29 am

Race like Jerry! lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  dot520 Fri May 09, 2014 8:22 pm

Jerry wrote:Race like Jerry! lol!

Yes.....I think this will become my new mantra!
dot520
dot520
Top 10 Poster Emeritus
Top 10 Poster Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Fri May 09, 2014 8:57 pm

dot520 wrote:
Jerry wrote:Race like Jerry! lol!

Yes.....I think this will become my new mantra!
+1
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down