365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"No Pressure"

+13
Chris M
Jim Lentz
mul21
Dave Wolfe
Dave P
JohnP
Schuey
Michele "1L" Keane
Jerry
nkrichards
ounce
Mark B
Nick Morris
17 posters

Page 11 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

"No Pressure" - Page 11 Empty Re: "No Pressure"

Post  nkrichards Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:33 pm

Nice job pacing without the watch.  I also have a tendency to rely on mine to much.

Hope the 20 miler went well.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:49 am

08.31.14 - 20 miles

Set out for 20 miles on what I knew was going to be a warm one. My goal was to try to save myself for a faster finish the last 5 miles (3/1). I went out at around an 8:10 pace and held around there through the first half finishing 10 miles at an 8:08 pace. By then the sun was out in full force and the temps had already crept into the lower mid 70s. I continued on my way back home with the sun whipping me every mile. By mile 15 I was still maintaining an 8:08 pace, but that's when the wheels fell off. With the temps now approaching 80, my body fell victim to the warmth and started to slow down. The last couple of miles were extremely difficult, but I plodded on and finished 20.11 miles at an 8:15 pace. I was happy to be finished, but also leaving myself with question marks. I gave a lot of time back in the final 5 miles, instead of making up time like I had planned. So this run was ok...

My training will now move oversees this week and next, as I am heading to the Netherlands and Italy...European soil, here I come!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:52 pm

It's the humidity doing it to you, nothing wrong with your running. The humidity has beat the heck out of me a few days lately. I don't know how the guys here from Houston make it through their summer months.

Last edited by Jim Lentz on Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:00 pm

Jim Lentz wrote:It's the humidity doing it to you, nothing wrong with your running. The humidity has beat the heck out of me a few days lately. I don't know how the guys here from Dallas make it through their summer months.

No doubt. This was actually the first run of the cycle that left my legs shredded. As I was typing up my post above, I thought the same thing about the runners from Texas.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:05 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Jim Lentz wrote:It's the humidity doing it to you, nothing wrong with your running. The humidity has beat the heck out of me a few days lately. I don't know how the guys here from Dallas make it through their summer months.

No doubt.  This was actually the first run of the cycle that left my legs shredded.  As I was typing up my post above, I thought the same thing about the runners from Texas.

In 3 weeks, we should have our first cool front coming through.  That's how we get through the Summer.

(Alerting Homeland Security on your departure.  Suspect )
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:13 am

Bon Voyage, Nick! Can you manage to get Gu into those little TSA-approved bottles, or will you just run with a jar of Nutella? Very Happy
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:31 am

Mark?  I wonder how the Brewers will survive without him?

I guess we can trash up the place, while he's slummin' in Italy & the country formerly known as Holland.  When did that occur anyway?  Maybe Nick can retrace that for us.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:13 am

ounce wrote:Mark?  I wonder how the Brewers will survive without him?

I guess we can trash up the place, while he's slummin' in Italy & the country formerly known as Holland.  When did that occur anyway?  Maybe Nick can retrace that for us.

Well, as you can see by the standings, they missed me. I come back and they are 1.5 games out of the Wild Card. Ugh!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:14 am

Mark B wrote:Bon Voyage, Nick! Can you manage to get Gu into those little TSA-approved bottles, or will you just run with a jar of Nutella? Very Happy

The little lady checked a bag, so it was pretty easy for her to mule them over for me Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:24 am

I made it back from Europe in one piece!!!!

It was a great trip to the Netherlands and Italy. I have posted a few photos below from each location for your enjoyment. I was able to get in a few runs while I was there and will speak to them in another post. I got back home a little after twelve in the morning on Sunday the 14th. I decided to stay up the whole time, so that I could get back on the appropriate sleeping habits here. It seemed to work out.

While on my EuroTrip, I visited:

Netherlands -
City Center
Red Light District
Vincent Van Gogh Museum

Italy -
Colosseum
Palatine Hill
Pantheon
Piazzas and Fountains
Vatican City
Ostia Antica
Mediterranean Beach Front

Here are some photos:

Amsterdam
"No Pressure" - Page 11 Am110

"No Pressure" - Page 11 Am210

Italy
"No Pressure" - Page 11 Rome110

"No Pressure" - Page 11 Rome210

"No Pressure" - Page 11 Rome310

"No Pressure" - Page 11 Rome410
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:37 pm

Glad you had a great trip.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:55 pm

Very nice!
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:00 pm

Welcome back.  Looking forward to hearing about the running adventures that were part of your trip.

More importantly...have you submitted your Boston registration?  I got my email...I can't believe I'm actually going to do this!
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:23 am

Welcome back.  Have the Brewers painted over your name on your parking place?
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:53 pm

nkrichards wrote:Welcome back.  Looking forward to hearing about the running adventures that were part of your trip.

More importantly...have you submitted your Boston registration?  I got my email...I can't believe I'm actually going to do this!

I submitted my registration on Monday and now am playing the waiting game to see if I get in on my time. Registration just closed about an hour ago, so I should find out within the next day or so. pale
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:54 pm

ounce wrote:Welcome back.  Have the Brewers painted over your name on your parking place?

Not quite. I have one game left in the regular season when they come back home to close out the regular season against the Cubs.

I paid my playoff ticket deposit prior to leaving for vacation.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:55 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Glad you had a great trip.

Jim Lentz wrote:Very nice!

Thanks!!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:14 pm

So, while on vacation I was able to get in a few training runs. I had packed enough clothing for four runs. I was able to get in three runs, between all of the site seeing and traveling from country to country. All three of my training runs came in Italy. The Bed and Breakfast that we stayed in was less than 3/4 of a mile from the Colosseum. I made sure to include it on my running routes. The thing I found about where we stayed in Rome, is that there are a lot of hills to traverse. The first hill is on the way to the Colosseum. It was a pretty steep grade that went for a 1/3 of a mile. The good thing about this hill is that I strategically placed it at the beginning of my runs and was fairly easy to get up and over. Also, I found a park near where we where staying that had a good 3/4 mile loop around it and allowed me to get in some extra mileage without having to go anywhere. The park too was included on my routes.

The weather in Rome was comparable to the summer months in Madison. The highs were in the mid to upper 80s and the lows were in the lower 70s. It was fairly warm in the mornings, as I would head out for my run. One caveat to the warmth was that Rome has a lot of water fountains along their streets and I was able to stop a couple of times to re-hydrate, as I did sweat a lot.

Overall, I was able to get in two 5 mile runs and a 7.5 mile run while I was there. All of the runs were at around a 7:40 pace, which I found to be pretty good considering that I was running uphill most of the time. Aside from the running on my trip, I got in a lot (and I mean A LOT) of walking. On average, each day in both Amsterdam and Italy, I probably got in 3.5-4 miles of walking. A lot of the walking was up and down, so more like cross training. I couldn't believe that when I got home and weighed myself that I lost around 2.5 pounds during my trip. That alone was surprising considering I had a lot of good food (mostly carbs) in Italy.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:16 pm

Sunday morning (the day after I got back) I went out and got in a good 17.20 mile run. I averaged 8:15 for the run, which I considered decent. Especially since I was running on jet-lagged legs. Although, I felt pretty good the entire time. I will admit, though, that I fell asleep that night before 8:30pm. Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:27 am

09.17.14 - 7 miles

Only 7 miles tonight, as I wind down this training cycle. I have a half marathon on Sunday, which will help me determine my actual fitness level and what my goal time will be for my marathon on the 5th of October. A pretty easy run, as I have come home to fall and cooler temperatures. I completed 7.11 miles at a 7:28 pace.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:44 am

Nick Morris wrote:Sunday morning (the day after I got back) I went out and got in a good 17.20 mile run.  I averaged 8:15 for the run, which I considered decent.  Especially since I was running on jet-lagged legs.  Although, I felt pretty good the entire time.  I will admit, though, that I fell asleep that night before 8:30pm. Smile
Why 17.2?
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:59 am

Jim Lentz wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:Sunday morning (the day after I got back) I went out and got in a good 17.20 mile run.  I averaged 8:15 for the run, which I considered decent.  Especially since I was running on jet-lagged legs.  Although, I felt pretty good the entire time.  I will admit, though, that I fell asleep that night before 8:30pm. Smile
Why 17.2?

I was scheduled a 17 miler, but I am an overachiever Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:55 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Jim Lentz wrote:
Why 17.2?

Nice!
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:46 pm

Jim Lentz wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Jim Lentz wrote:
Why 17.2?

Nice!

Nah, he was still on the metric system and forgot to convert back.  geek
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:03 am

ounce wrote:
Jim Lentz wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Jim Lentz wrote:
Why 17.2?

Nice!

Nah, he was still on the metric system and forgot to convert back.  geek
I think he was stuck somewhere in the middle, 11 miles and 10 K in one run.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next