365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Detroit Marathon vs. Grand Rapids Marathon

4 posters

Go down

Detroit Marathon vs. Grand Rapids Marathon Empty Detroit Marathon vs. Grand Rapids Marathon

Post  mountandog Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:01 pm

The stupid part of my brain is kicking in as I'm thinking about running another marathon only 6 weeks after my last one, and wanting to give it a strong effort. I've never run two closer than 5 months. We shall see how the recovery/training goes before deciding on any goal. But in either case it needs to be convenient for me, so I'm looking at Detroit and GR, both held the same day. Anyone have experience in either? Recommendations?
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Detroit Marathon vs. Grand Rapids Marathon Empty Re: Detroit Marathon vs. Grand Rapids Marathon

Post  momof5boys Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:06 pm

I've run Grand Rapids the last 2 years. That one gets my vote. I'll even come cheer you on. Ha, like that's an incentive:). --it is a well organized marathon, though. That might be a good incentive. Laughing
momof5boys
momof5boys

Back to top Go down

Detroit Marathon vs. Grand Rapids Marathon Empty Re: Detroit Marathon vs. Grand Rapids Marathon

Post  Bob Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:12 pm

I've also run Grand Rapids twice, and would highly recommend it to anyone.
Bob
Bob
Lord Bobby
Lord Bobby

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:10 am

I've run Detroit and liked it, but a bunch of us will be in GR to help a friend (from Hal's original boards) celebrate her 50th state.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:40 pm

Due to work and family, looks like I'm not going to make it to GR this Sunday. Bummer. Am headed to Atlanta on Sunday instead. Will have to meet you guys at a future race.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down