365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viewing Chicago

5 posters

Go down

Viewing Chicago Empty Viewing Chicago

Post  Bob Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:26 am

After 8 straight years between 200-2007 of running Chicago, I've spent the last 4 being a spectator at the race. Had a great time seeing everyone yesterday including Dave, Greg, Tim, Tom, Shuey, John and Chris, as well as other friends, too. I've looked forward to meeting Chris (who I've always considered one of the nicest guys over the years on these boards) and it was nice to meet Jim, too, who had a great attitude despite not have the day he had hoped for. I wish I was able to stick around at the bar a bit longer to talk to you all more, but family obligations were calling.

I'll let all of you tell your own stories, but seeing all of you with the determination on your faces yesterday sure has me itching to get out for a run today. And I'm definitely thinking of making a return to Chicago in 2012 despite the complaints about the weather. The Chicago Marathon is an event, unlike many other marathons, and run through perhaps the most beautiful city in the world, which makes it such a special day no matter what the clock says.

Last edited by Bob on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bob
Bob
Lord Bobby
Lord Bobby

Back to top Go down

Viewing Chicago Empty Re: Viewing Chicago

Post  JohnP Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:50 am

Sheesh, I don't even rate a mention? Smile
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:22 pm

Sure you did. You must have missed it. Smile

(See, I knew that would happen if I didn't sit and think about it first.)
Bob
Bob
Lord Bobby
Lord Bobby

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:10 pm

I think that after taking a year off from Chicago, I am going to make my presence felt next year...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  carleenp Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:55 pm

I worked at the first Gatorade station, then went and watched for a friend at both mile 12.5 and 23. It was a pretty neat experience to see the race for the other side of things. It made me really want to run Chicago again though!
carleenp
carleenp
Regular
Regular

http://beautyandfashiontech.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lauren Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:13 pm

Ditto along the lines of what Bob said. I was so excited race morning I pulled an uber dorky runner move and sat in running attire on my couch watching the stream of the race on my computer. Totally worth getting made fun of. Smile Proud of you all! I'm thinking a return to Chicago may be in order. It was my debut marathon and have taken three years off from it after running it 3 times, but I'm kind of missing that race.

Well done, all. You've made us proud. Congratulations!!
Lauren
Lauren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down