365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disney Full Ques

5 posters

Go down

Disney Full Ques Empty Disney Full Ques

Post  Dave P Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:40 am

I can't make out the full course route around the Epcot area. Does the course loop around Epcot at the start, or finish?
Dave P
Dave P
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Disney Full Ques Empty Re: Disney Full Ques

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:16 am

When I ran it in 2008, it looped around Epcot at the end, but it could have easily changed.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Colleen Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:58 am

If I'm remembering correctly, the course goes through Epcot twice...once at the beginning (run into the park, by the "golf ball" thing and back out - probably past a few other attractions I can't remember), and then more extensively at the end (around the giant lake with all the countries) before finishing just outside the park.
Colleen
Colleen

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:59 pm

When I ran in 2009, I recall entering EPCOT at the back of the World Showcase in the beginning of the marathon and then finishing up sort of in the same place in the EPCOT parking lot after running past the big round thing again.

If you are looking for a place for your family to catch you, between 17-18 in the Animal Kingdom worked really well for my family because it was at a reasonable morning time before the park became too crowded, and it wasn't so early that they would resent you making them come out to cheer you on. Disney starts ridiculously early, so that's a real consideration.
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:46 pm

Dave - I believe that Colleen and natalie are indeed correct and you looped into Epcot in the beginning as well (I looked at some of my pictures). My husband and daughter caught me in the Hollywood Park and found me easily, and I ran slowly that year (4:40)
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave P Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:32 pm

Thanks for all the replies. Disney posted new race maps that at first didn't have the mile markers, but now do. When looking at the full map, the word "Start" covers both the start & the loop, so it was difficult to read. Now that the mile markers are there, I'm able to see it much more clearly. The loop is at the begining, which I would certainly prefer.
Dave P
Dave P
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  healdgator Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:47 pm

Thanks for heads up on the new map. Crap, that's a longer walk from my hotel to the start and finish lines than I had hoped. Looks like probably about a mile. I wonder if they rent golf carts?
healdgator
healdgator
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down