365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Napa to Sonoma Half registration opens soon (11/16) - SO FRIGGIN EXPENSIVE

4 posters

Go down

Napa to Sonoma Half registration opens soon (11/16) - SO FRIGGIN EXPENSIVE Empty Napa to Sonoma Half registration opens soon (11/16) - SO FRIGGIN EXPENSIVE

Post  Jack_Scaff Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:53 pm

I did this 2 times a while back, and it was fine. Not as nice as the Napa full, but part of it may have been they were still working out the kinks. (Nothing worse that a race that starts 20 minutes late IMO!)

But what really gets me is the cost...$225. For a HALF. Amazing...but I guess that's the free market for you.

Has anyone paid that much for a half, and if so, which one and was it worth it?
Jack_Scaff
Jack_Scaff
Poster
Poster

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Concord&st

Back to top Go down

Napa to Sonoma Half registration opens soon (11/16) - SO FRIGGIN EXPENSIVE Empty Re: Napa to Sonoma Half registration opens soon (11/16) - SO FRIGGIN EXPENSIVE

Post  Chris M Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:25 pm

Starting 20 minutes early would be worse, right? Although you would certainly have no issues with early race crowding. I think the Rock n Roll half I just did in Philly was over $100 and same for the Rock n Roll half coming up in March in DC. Whatever way-past-their-prime rock act they get to play the finish festival must have big appearance fees.
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Napa to Sonoma Half registration opens soon (11/16) - SO FRIGGIN EXPENSIVE Empty Re: Napa to Sonoma Half registration opens soon (11/16) - SO FRIGGIN EXPENSIVE

Post  Julie Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:45 pm

I don't think I've even paid over 95 for a full marathon before.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:42 pm

Jerry hasn't received his prize check yet. Just saying. lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down