365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011

+35
Lauren
Jack_Scaff
Liz R
Dave-O
jon c
Mark B
Penelope
Joel H
Chris M
JohnP
Jim Lentz
Nick Morris
fostever
Alex Kubacki
rhondda h
Vivian
Dave P
Ken Mello
Peg Coover
ChasMcG
mul21
Schuey
Dave Wolfe
Tom H
Jerry
Michele "1L" Keane
Kenny B.
Julie
KathyK
Natalie
Seth Harrison
John Kilpatrick
Mike MacLellan
Matt W
Mrs. Schuey
39 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011 - Page 16 Empty Re: I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011

Post  Nick Morris Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:06 pm

Nice race Lisa. Like I told Martin, this really shows how good of shape you are really in. Things are looking good for the fall!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011 - Page 16 Empty Re: I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011

Post  Mrs. Schuey Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:10 pm

John Kilpatrick wrote:Great job, Lisa!!! Glad your back from the abyss... A minute PR in a 5K is sweet cheers

Thanks John! I've missed it around here, it's good to be back. Very Happy

Joel H wrote:Great job Lisa...it definitely shows that you are being consistent when you throw down a 1 minute PR in a 5k and haven't done a single bit of speedwork. Keep it up and I see great things coming for you in October.
Thanks Joel! The consistency thing is showing to pay off well. I wish I would have started it a long time ago...hahaha! Razz

JohnP wrote:Did you arrange for the bib number syncronization? (288 882)
John, that pic looks cool like that...actually, the numbers are: 2882 and 2884.

Nick Morris wrote:Nice race Lisa. Like I told Martin, this really shows how good of shape you are really in. Things are looking good for the fall!!
I think you're right....the fall will be a good time!

Alright, heading out for my run. I just downloaded a new song for my run: Eminem's "Lighters" featuring Bruno Mars. (warning: explicit lyrics...but then again that's my boy, Eminem).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvTEZvoWTAo
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom H Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:33 pm

Hey Lisa, don't feel bad, you're not the only one MIA. But what a return! Great job for both of you in the 5K. Like Joel said, knocking a minute off with no specific training says you are really in a good place running-wise right now. Keep it up!!
Tom H
Tom H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:29 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:Nice race Lisa. Like I told Martin, this really shows how good of shape you are really in. Things are looking good for the fall!!
I think you're right....the fall will be a good time!

Things can only get better as the weather changes!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:31 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote: Alright, heading out for my run. I just downloaded a new song for my run: Eminem's "Lighters" featuring Bruno Mars. (warning: explicit lyrics...but then again that's my boy, Eminem).
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvTEZvoWTAo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvTEZvoWTAo[/quote[/url]]

Technically, that is not Eminem's song. It is from Bad Meets Evil, which is both Eminem and Royce da 5'9" (great album by the way)
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:20 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote: Alright, heading out for my run. I just downloaded a new song for my run: Eminem's "Lighters" featuring Bruno Mars. (warning: explicit lyrics...but then again that's my boy, Eminem).
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvTEZvoWTAo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvTEZvoWTAo[/quote[/url]]

Technically, that is not Eminem's song. It is from Bad Meets Evil, which is both Eminem and Royce da 5'9" (great album by the way)

Haha..I stand corrected, you are right. It is a great album and I may be purchasing it. The bummer for tonight's run? My iPod crapped out...as in it's cooked...dead. Martin was a sweetheart and said I could have his, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow's run to listen to the song...
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:23 pm

22:56 is great, Lisa!
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:25 pm

Jim Lentz wrote:22:56 is great, Lisa!

Thanks Jim! It felt great to do....

How are you liking this cooler weather for running? It's nice, isn't it? Did you and Peggy get out tonight?
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:16 pm

Last night's run was really nice. The weather was sooooooo much nicer to run in and I loved the wind!

I ran 6 miles and it was nice to just take it slower and get the legs out there. I am targeting 50 miles this week. I like how Martin has my training plan set up now. He gives me a weekly mileage number I have to hit and I can run whatever number of miles during the week that I want and I have to run what he says mileage wise for my long run on Sundays. I'm finding that I actually want to run more now; it's not a chore, or a strict schedule that I have to conform to. One of my goals in the next training cycle for Bayshore (can't wait!!!! Registration opens Dec. 1!!) is to hit between 70-80 miles a week. I'm finding that the more I'm running, the more consistent I'm becoming and the more I'm actually enjoying it. Sure, it takes some motivation such as Kenny's quotes at times to get me out the door, but all in all, it's a neat learning process.

Weight Watchers is going good. I've been tracking my points and staying away from my baked chips. I'm eating a lot of fruit and veggies, drinking a lot of water and just eating smarter overall. My goal is to lose 10% of my weight (15.2 pounds) by December. That's if I lose 1 pound a week. That leaves me 6.8 more pounds to lose to hit my goal weight. I was told that at almost 5'8", I don't want to go below 130, especially when trying to get pregnant.

My run last night was as follows, Average pace - 9:22 and average HR - 155
1 00:09:39 1.00 09:39
2 00:09:23 1.00 09:22
3 00:09:37 1.00 09:37
4 00:09:16 1.00 09:17
5 00:09:26 1.00 09:26
6 00:08:53 1.00 08:53

I have 10 miles tonight that I'll be running with my awesome hubby!!! I can't wait!
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:03 pm

Great target on the 50. Nice 6 mile run. Nice target for 2012 and Glad WW is going well. I think 5 8" 130 is pretty dam healthy anything less may be uncivilized. Unless of course that is the look you are going for lol!

PS: Thanks for the plug on the quotes. I keep them coming!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:06 pm

Great training Lisa. I love the way Martin has structured your schedule, focusing on volume.
Here's my prediction...by the time you hit 70-80 miles/week, you won't be needing Weight Watchers! Very Happy
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:56 pm

I am glad to hear that your training is not getting too mundane. Sometimes we get into training ruts that are hard to get out of. Sometimes motivation is the key to a great cycle!! Keep up the good work.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:30 am

Glad to see all is going well!

Pot calling kettle black so to speak, but just be careful running and losing wt at the same time. If I'm over 55 miles/week I eat everything within reason, just because I am so hungry. And yeah you're right you don't want your wt to get too low or your body will get the message that there's a famine in the land, not a good time for having a baby! I think you will be able to tell, though, if it's too low and your body will resist getting too low (the whole set point theory and all that). Just be careful and use your good brains! Very Happy
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave P Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:10 pm

Look who's running 50 mile weeks! Way to go!! Very Happy
Dave P
Dave P
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:18 pm

Thanks Kenny, Seth, Julie, Nick and Dave! Weight Watchers is going good...I'm down to 149.2 as of today and that's coming off of a weekend of camping.

We made sure we had all healthy food and the cooler was packed with fresh fruits and veggies.

I did hit my target of 50 miles last week, with the last (2) days on some pretty technical trails. I used to run these trails as well as the Lakeshore (Novi Tree Farm) trails when I lived in Michigan. I didn't have the appreciation that I do for them now when I lived there. I love these trails and always have. I'm soooo very excited that I have someone to run with me on them, and we have fun together doing it! We camp and get up in the morning, have breakfast and then go for our runs. You want a butt kicker? Head to the Pinckney Recreational Area!

Trail running is by far my favorite running. I love it for so many reasons, the fully body workout being one of them. My abs, back, lats, calves, butt, quads, hamstrings and biceps are sore today and I love it! Running on the trails was a big mental thing for me because of my ankle injury a couple of years ago. There are times when I'm running that I hit a dip in the road and my right ankle barks at me. I am happy to announce that my ankle held up very good during the run on the trails. I am so excited about that!! I wore my Brooks Cascadia 6's and I wore an ankle support on my right ankle too.

This week I have a goal of 60 miles. It will be the farthest I've run ever in a week, and I think it will be a nice challenge. I stated before that I have to go to Arizona, and this is the week. I begrudgingly leave on Wednesday and thankfully come back on Friday. I will run 15 miles with my hubby before we go to the airport and then 5 miles when I land before my meeting (that starts at 6 and ends at 9:30!! Flame ). I will be in my room right afterwards to get some sleep because I plan on waking up early on Thursday to run 6 miles. I'm stuck in meetings allllll day, but will make sure that I eat correctly and get the rest I need for my runs this weekend. Friday will be here before I know it and I'll be happy when it is!

Tomorrow I plan on running 7 miles and I'm looking forward to it.

Martin, I really, really had a fun weekend with you! I love the memories we made and I thank you for running the trails with me. I love you!
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:26 am

60 miles! You can do it! Skip Arizone. Come to Denver!!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:20 am

Traveling is not runner friendly. So we have to make runners friendly with traveling. Seems you will do just that!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:02 am

Looks like you have a strategy for running in spite of the travel. I hope it goes smoothly and safely.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:52 am

ChasMcG wrote:60 miles! You can do it! Skip Arizone. Come to Denver!!

Sheesh! I WISH! Martin and I could come out there and trail run! Arizona...in August... Sweaty Sweaty Thank God it's only 2 days!

Kenny B. wrote:Traveling is not runner friendly. So we have to make runners friendly with traveling. Seems you will do just that!
Thanks Kenny! I'll try my best...I'll get good use out of the treadmill while there. I'll be on it tomorrow before my 6pm meeting, in bed by 9:30. Up at 6am to get in 6 miles before my meeting at 8am and in bed by 9:00-9:30pm. Up at 5:30am to knock out 4 miles before my 7:30am meeting. I'll post pics of my view from the treadmill when I get them! Haha! Running Running

Julie wrote:Looks like you have a strategy for running in spite of the travel. I hope it goes smoothly and safely.
Thanks Julie! I have a strategy and I am going to stick with it. I want to nail my 60 miles this week and the added challenge of travel is actually just a bonus to me. It will force me to stick to my schedule and get to bed early. I have my WW app readily available and will continue to track my points and stick with that too.

Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:16 am

Mrs. Schuey wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:60 miles! You can do it! Skip Arizone. Come to Denver!!

Sheesh! I WISH! Martin and I could come out there and trail run! Arizona...in August... Sweaty Sweaty Thank God it's only 2 days!

Yeah it would be great to do some trail running in Denver. Hey Lisa maybe one of these days we can take a trip to Denver?? Not only is the trail running good there, a lot great music comes through town at the Fillmore!!

Mrs. Schuey wrote:
Julie wrote:Looks like you have a strategy for running in spite of the travel. I hope it goes smoothly and safely.
Thanks Julie! I have a strategy and I am going to stick with it. I want to nail my 60 miles this week and the added challenge of travel is actually just a bonus to me. It will force me to stick to my schedule and get to bed early. I have my WW app readily available and will continue to track my points and stick with that too.

Good to see you have a strategy and plan for your trip and that you want and will stick to it. Lisa I just wanted to tell you that one of the greatest improvements you have made over the last few weeks is taking a more interesting part in your training.

I can remember when you looked to me to tell you everything to do. Now these days it is more like you are seeking me for advice and then taking that advice and either using it or formulating your own decision. I think that is great because you will find that the more that you take control of your running the more you will learn and the more that you will find what type of runner you are and what works best for you.

Way to grow as runner LA and keep it up because you have been doing awesome! Like we talked about this past weekend it doesn't matter how long it takes to get to your goals and dreams all that matters is that you try. And if you try there is a good chance that you will get there someday.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:04 pm

Hope everything goes well and you will be ready to run in Chicago I'm sure when you get back! So nice to have a break from hot weather here now in NE.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:20 pm

Good luck next week with the 60 miles that are scheduled. Training wile traveling is always difficult, but it looks like you have a plan. Arizona in August should be fun!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:29 pm

Quick update...I got into AZ yesterday. Martin and I ran 15 miles before I had to fly out. Then I got in another 4 miles when I got to the hotel before our meeting. I had a wake up call at 5:45 and got to the fitness center for my 6 miles this morning. Now I'm on a quick break and have meetings the rest of the day. Will run 3 miles tomorrow morning before meeting. Ok, gotta head back in. I can't wait to be home! I miss my hubby! Sad
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:56 pm

Nice job on the flying and running impressive!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:34 pm

I think your husband misses you too! I saw he had time to visit all of our blogs while you're gone... Very Happy

Good work fitting in running and a long run before taking off, that is very impressive! queen I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011 - Page 16 424776184
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next